[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest andreasTheJoker
I have a problem.

First of all sorry if it is written here but i tried the ss today and from my little search i didnt found something.

I have cm7 rls4 and i tried to put ss rls4. Did a full backup with titanium and i went to ss (i did a wipe data/cache and everything was ok)

But when i tried to restore my programs some of then didnt restore allthough i could see the icons in menu. And when i open them a message comes out like a force close.

And when i try to restore them with titanium phone restarts.

Some of them was angry birds , fruit ninja , powerAmp etc etc.

Anyone knows what i can do to fix this or if it is explained somewhere redirect me?

Someone have an idea what i can do? :D

I really like this rom and i cant restore my programs.

Guest Blasphemous
Someone have an idea what i can do? :D

I really like this rom and i cant restore my programs.

Why not just re-download them and reinstall from there?

Guest Magnets
Seriously???

TRY reading the 1st post!

Should have specified, RLS4 not RLS4b

* Swedish_Spring_RLS4b.zip (120.6Mb system) MD5: ABDEBA7124419F6E7339829B04BC218C

* Swedish_Spring_RLS4_ahb_overclocked.zip (50% AHB bus overclocking at all speeds starting from 480MHz addon) MD5: F1EACF41C5D957822FA5B725F821FD81

* Swedish_Spring_RLS4_blueish_kbd.zip (Addon to change orange to blue on G-bread kbd) MD5: 1D3F4DCCAB9D582087E1F1FD553C08A2

* Swedish_Spring_RLS4_aosp_contacts.zip (AOSP Dailer + Facebook compatible Contacts and ContactsProvider) MD5: CDA054851D8ED97C33FB831AA3525A19

* Swedish_Spring_RLS4_deskclock.zip (Addon for those who prefer DeskClock instead of AlarmClock) MD5: 353F9B09382ADF6CC85171124FFB5200

Guest andreasTheJoker
Why not just re-download them and reinstall from there?

I want to keep my data and i have many paid apps.. The only way is to redownload them? Even if i start doing it it will take 2 hours for 150 apps.

This is a great ROM, just have one complaint: I'm addicted to Angry Birds Rio and it's sluggish B) :D

Is there anything I can do to make it smoother?

Guest targetbsp
I want to keep my data and i have many paid apps.. The only way is to redownload them? Even if i start doing it it will take 2 hours for 150 apps.

You remember the bug in early versions of CM7 where some apps installed to the SD card crashed? Well those same apps won't restore in Froyo if backed up from the SD card in CM7. You can fix it by going back to CM7, move the affected apps to internal memory and remake the Titanium backups.

Guest digital0
You can disable that in the settings for the notification bar widget so that there is no new pop-up and that the clicked setting gets changed . It worked on the desire HD with stock ROM, you'll have to try it on SS. Do restart after changing the setting.

Tried it, doesn't work. It works only on Sense ROMs as written in Widgetsoid FAQ.

Guest andreasTheJoker
You remember the bug in early versions of CM7 where some apps installed to the SD card crashed? Well those same apps won't restore in Froyo if backed up from the SD card in CM7. You can fix it by going back to CM7, move the affected apps to internal memory and remake the Titanium backups.

Genius mate. I will do this now. Thanks a lot.

And something else. Can i use the repartition of jj to this rom?

Edited by andreasTheJoker

Guest Vyker
Have you made calls / had data in those areas? It could mean that the signal strength indicator is not working correctly. This increased signal strength indicator was a 'feature' of an earlier version of JJ. But it wasn't real.

You're not a T-Mobile / Orange user are you? Recently signed up for dual-network capability?

Those areas would leave me with "No Service"..... I couldnt even make calls.

If the indicator was bad before, then that would still not help, as the caller would not even try to make the call.... all I'd get was "no mobile network".

Where as now, I have at least 2 bars on the indicator, and CAN make the calls. There is a definite difference in signal strength since moving from FLB r8a.

I'm on Vodafone, no dual network option.

Something has definitely changed!

Guest heinzchen

Like a lot of other guys, I have had Flibblesan's FLB on my phone and now changed to SS RLS4.

Like others I missed the 3d app drawer. Being a total newbee I replaced the launcher2.apk with the one of the FLB rom. The 3d app drawer worked well, but the "phone" shortcut of the dock was obviously linked to the phone.apk and not to the smartdialer.apk.

I searched the net for FLB r11 (not r11b) to get the launcher2 linked to the smartdialer but couldn't find it.

Now I have used the launcher2.apk provided with FLB r5a. It works well, butt I actually didn't want to have 7 home screens and there is one minor issue:

the language setting doesn't seem to affect the main menu (pressing "menu" on the home screen), so the menu is in english although the rest of my phone is in german.

Does anyone have the launcher2.apk from FLB Froyo r11 (not r11b), or does anybody know how to modify the launcher2.apk?

Guest Aarvee
Hi guys,

not sure if this has been answered before.

I flashed this Rom today. Apps like gmail, market are not working over gprs.

but am able to access them thru the browser. Any help greatly appreciated.

Guys, Can somebody throw some light on this ??

Apologies for bumping this. But am desperate to find some solution.

Guest Mikkiq

Hi all!

Is there anyway to flash a buttonized power control in the notification bar ? I really like this ROM and dont want to change it. Only bad thing is that the power controls are missing in the notification bar. Can someone please tell me is that even possible ?

Guest ahngau
Guys, Can somebody throw some light on this ??

Apologies for bumping this. But am desperate to find some solution.

I guess nobody else has that issue, that's why nobody answer you. I have a feeling that most of these weird issues are caused by restoring some incompatible system settings from titanium.

Try a full wipe and reinstall the rom. Then try the market and gmail without restoring anything from your previous backups. See it that works.

Guest ahngau
Hi all!

Is there anyway to flash a buttonized power control in the notification bar ? I really like this ROM and dont want to change it. Only bad thing is that the power controls are missing in the notification bar. Can someone please tell me is that even possible ?

Widgetsoid in the market?

Guest ahngau

Does anyone have the launcher2.apk from FLB Froyo r11 (not r11b), or does anybody know how to modify the launcher2.apk?

A simpler way is get the launcher by Eugene or Steven Lin from the market.

Guest Mikeandme
Should have specified, RLS4 not RLS4b

I cannot answer your first request about a link to RLS4 but why do you need it and not RLS4b? What is wrong with RLS4b?

Guest jman01
Has anyone been able to sync their exchange server with this rom??

I also cannot get exchange server to sync with the same settings as i was using in JJ9.

First time i attempt i get an authorisation error. Checked and double checked username and password and tried them on the web app without issue.

Is there anything i need to change to get this to work?

Guest Rotmann

They will get synced automatically from your google account, but the data will be lost.

This is a great ROM, just have one complaint: I'm addicted to Angry Birds Rio and it's sluggish ;) B)

Switch to CM7 :D butter smooth here.

Tried it, doesn't work. It works only on Sense ROMs as written in Widgetsoid FAQ.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Guest sebastianand
I also cannot get exchange server to sync with the same settings as i was using in JJ9.

First time i attempt i get an authorisation error. Checked and double checked username and password and tried them on the web app without issue.

Is there anything i need to change to get this to work?

yes i have exactly the same problem

Guest Ch4ni

Hi Great ROM, I have noticed the GPS is not working reliable once it looses the connection it cannot restablish this. is there a fix for this? On another note is it possible to change the colour of the notification bar to black?

Guest MidaMilunk
Hi Great ROM, I have noticed the GPS is not working reliable once it looses the connection it cannot restablish this. is there a fix for this? On another note is it possible to change the colour of the notification bar to black?

This is strange, I have no problems with the GPS at all. I often use it for tracking, sometimes I leave it while interrupting my way home for shopping, where definitely no GPS signal, but never experinenced a single problem using this ROM.

You can choose another theme, which have the black notification area.

Guest Blasphemous

Anyone able to help me get my MMS working? I'm on O2 but can't get into the APN settings to check them as they are all greyed out.

This is a very nice, fast rom and the only thing that's spoiling it for me is the MMS.

Thank you in advance of any help.

Guest MidaMilunk
This is a great ROM, just have one complaint: I'm addicted to Angry Birds Rio and it's sluggish ;) B)

Buy a faster phone :D and a power plant...

It is so for me as well, currently I am using the RLS4 without the ahboc patch, maybe this makes a bit more sluggish, but there is no real difference. It is better when there's no active internet connection, t.b.h. it is impossible to use AB with the ads...