[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Torque Monster

I upgraded from MoDaCo r3 without any problems. I did wipe data after install.

But now I have a problem with Wifi! If anyone can help me please!

As I turn Wifi on and it starts scanning after few seconds it says "Unable to scan for network" and Wifi turns off. Any suggestions?

Guest R_Bachman

Not sure if its mentioned ,so: I've started the rds radio without headphones just for a sec. After that i went to my homescreen. Trying to change my volume for the ringtone using plus or minus i was getting the multimedia sound bar. Only killing the app with a task manager would allow me to change the volume of the phone ringtone. I knew about the battery drain while the radio is running in the backround ,but this ....i just didnt expected.

Good thing that when someone calls, u get the ringer volume.

Edited by R_Bachman

Guest dadashi
I didn't state that it shows you 'Signal Search Time'. It shows you 'Time without a signal'.

Tap on Cell Standby. A new screen will open up showing you:

The cell Standby %

Time On

and... Time without a signal %.

Thanx....

I got only time on, no time-outs...

Edited by dadashi

Guest tickles99
Long time reader, first time poster!.

First of all awesome work KK. Had this ROM for about a week and definitely the best one I've used of the 3 or 4 I've tried. I've only got a few issues which have started today.

1) Have no idea if this is related to the ROM but having touch screen issues. Sometimes it doesn't work at all and sometimes I'm pressing on the left and it picks up the touch on the right. Rebooting seems to work but only temporarily as 10 mins later it won't work again. I remember reading something in this thread but from memory it related to 3 not 4 and can't find it despite sifting through the 70 pages. Does any one have ideas or is it a hardware issue?

2) I keep getting a message that my phone is out of space. When I look at the apps it looks like email (I'm using hotmail and exchange) is 70 megs so I'm guessing that's what's causing hte problem. I've used the Move2SD enabler app to move as many apps as possible to the 16 gig sd card I've got but I can't move the email application. Why is this app taking up so much memory?

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

Anyone have any suggestions?

Guest Monstrum

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I was going to try this rom after using the fantastic Japanese Jellyfish but on the first page there is only a download for RLS4b and not RLS4. Its says 'Most people propably won't need to upgrade from RLS4 to RLS4b.' so where is the link to RLS4?

Thanks

Guest Carbonize

It means if you are already on RLS4 there is no need to update to RLS4b unless you are experiencing any of the problems RLS4b fixes.

Guest lousou76

Dear Friend,

Thank you for this great ROM and the time you took to customize and develop it.

I have noticed one small bug which is confirmed from other users as well.

After every reboot I loose default programs settings.

I mean after reboot I have no default browser and have to choose and confirm one when I try to open a webpage.

I noticed the same problem with sms messaging applications and videos, default music player etc.

It happens on every reboot.

Do you know what could be the problem?

It does not happen on other ROMs

Thank you.

Guest atifali001

As I turn Wifi on and it starts scanning after few seconds it says "Unable to scan for network" and Wifi turns off. Any suggestions?

Im having the same problem, has anyone come across this problem n sorted it?

Guest Letoo

I had the same problem when restored wifi settings with titanium backup, wiped, reflashed and it is working fine, just don't use the restore.

Guest Frankish

What are the known issues with this rom? Looking for a solid rom for my brother as he is new to Android. Just want reasonable battery life and minimum bugs!

Guest tutysara

I do have a similar issue.

When I keep my wifi on for some time it turns-off automatically. I guess this happens when some other new wifi network is seen by the device.

When this happens, I go to setting -> wifi and I see that it is scanning for network but not connected to anything.

I workaround it by switching off the wifi and switching it again.

Edited by tutysara

Guest Letoo
What are the known issues with this rom? Looking for a solid rom for my brother as he is new to Android. Just want reasonable battery life and minimum bugs!

Pretty much none, except that thing I mentioned in the post above and the fact that rds radio app needs to be killed after using or it will prevent the phone from going to sleep hence cause a massive idle battery drainage. After using the rom for few weeks noticed nothing more.

Guest tutysara

I had tried various roms and

AFAIK this is very stable and has good battery life.

I looks beautiful too with your themes.

Issues which I have noticed.

1. wifi disconnects sometimes

2. voice quality is not that great ( might be an issue with all zte blades)

3. phone autorotation is not very responsive

4. lights on button after notification is only for sometime and not till we act on it

5. bluetooth is not able to transfer files but connecting and pairing fine.

These are some of the things.

Do we have anything for tracking all the open issues or Can we have some dashboard for tracking all open issues like google-code issue list for CM so, that it is easy for everyone using this great ROM?

Edited by tutysara

Guest beangeles

Try re-flashing. i've flashed twice and i don't have this problem. Make sure you wipe data before flashing.

Guest Blasphemous
Thanx....

I got only time on, no time-outs...

Then that means the phone isn't 'searching' for a signal so that rules out that as a possible battery drain.

You could try Paul's new 'Easy Freezy' app and freeze some applications to see if it has a positive effect on battery life.

The app is at the Market 99p.

Guest Blasphemous
Apart from a problem with sending MMS (which I think was due to wrong APNs in the rom and I think I've sorted now), I haven't had any problems with this rom Frankish. Go for it I'd say. It even gets Flibblesan's backing! Edited by Blasphemous

Guest gedeye1
I have a wakelock issue with dialler in RLS4b, means the battery drains pretty quickly.

Bluetooth worked fine when i tried transfering a file very fast too.....Great Rom!.

A Big Thanks to K.K.

Guest Pierreism

It's pretty much the same as Japanese Jellyfish, although the Stock Android dialler/messaging/Facebook contacts aren't there by default. You'll need to install the aosp_contact addon to get those.

Once I did that I haven't looked back. I don't see a reason to upgrade to anything else until Cyanogen gets more stable.

Guest tutysara

Can we start a google project to track the issues with this rom so, that it would be easy for all of us to see the open issues without having to browse through 70+ pages?

Or if there is a better way plz suggest.

Guest Niks10

Sorry, if this has been discussed/reported already, went back a couple of pages but could not find anything related to Wifi tethering.

On this ROM my WIFI Tethering seems hit and miss, of late it doesn't work at all.

There is no problem with USB thethering, And wifi tethering worked fine in FLB before.

Anyone with similar problem?

Guest Niks10

Sorry, if this has been discussed/reported already, went back a couple of pages but could not find anything related to Wifi tethering.

On this ROM my WIFI Tethering seems hit and miss, of late it doesn't work at all.

There is no problem with USB thethering, And wifi tethering worked fine in FLB before.

Anyone with similar problem?