[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest jtc42
One thing missing under Settings -> Language & Keyboard is an item for User Dictionary, to edit that...

Again another useful idea. So for the Settings it'd be to fix the bad Turn To Mute translation and maybe add User Dictionary if that's possible?

Guest Ralph Martin

While we are on minor flaws in the user interface:

Settings -> Call Settings -> Call barring settings

pops up a thingy saying

Querrying Status

(note the extra r in Querying).

Guest k0zmic

Small but noticeable improvement: Would it be feasible to make the widgets menu like the Cyanogen one, where widgets from the same app are grouped together under a menu?

Guest jtc42
Small but noticeable improvement: Would it be feasible to make the widgets menu like the Cyanogen one, where widgets from the same app are grouped together under a menu?

I thought it did that anyway? O.o

Guest Blasphemous
Hi, there is a way to add power controls or similar in the notification/status bar using rls4?

Thanks.

I use 'Quick Settings' mate. It's free and you can do quite a bit with it. I'd actually say it's better than the Power Controls one that was in Flibblesan's rom.

Here ya go: http://www.appbrain.com/app/quick-settings/com.bwx.bequick

I like to have it as I have 3G/WiFi turned off most of the time and if I launch something that needs internet access, it's easier to pull down the notification bar and launch 3G/WiFi/etc from there rather than having to close the app I'm in, turning on 3G etc then switch the particular app back on again.

Edited by Blasphemous

Guest dwl99

I just moved from FLB to Swedish Spring via a gen2 conversion. I was reinstalling all my apps & using Froyo's inbuilt app2sd when I started getting low disk space warnings. Both the internal & SD card memories are down to 20MB free space. I see that the available size for app2sd on the SD card is only 120MB but I'm pretty sure that is was much bigger with the FLB ROM. At any rate I was able to comfortably fit all my apps on FLB but have been unable to do this with SS. Is there a way to increase it from the current 120MB?

I didn't want to use the darktremor a2sd as I read that it can slow your phone down & also wear out your SD card more quickly.

Guest filao

Hi,

First up - great ROM - I went from JJ9 to CM7 and although it runs Gingerbread which had some nice features it was slower and the Bluetooth doesn't work which is critical for me. I should never have left the great work of KK ... :) Also WiFi connects back up when coming out of sleep for me without the fix apps and the proximity sensor FINALLY seems to work (at least the secret dialer code tester says so but will try on a call later).

Quick Q - Just installed this ROM as Gen2 on my Gen1 device, everything went smoothly but I can't move apps to SD via the Settings > Applications tab like I used to (e.g. Astro File Manager can be moved).

I used to have JJ9 and it worked fine on there - for good measure I repartitioned the SD card with a 128Mb ext partition and a 64Mb swap.

Any ideas? From what I read DT's A2SD is built-in so do I not need to worry about this i.e. all apps are moved to SD by default?

Edited by filao

Guest eucurto

This ROM or Android has a bug in Bluetooth.

I pair my phone with my car and i get 2 services enabled: Hands-free and Streaming Audio (maybe not the correct terms).

If i go to BT settings i can disable StreamingAudio but it doesn't stay that way the next time i reconnect.

This is annoying because when i use any navigation software the sound is muted on the phone because it is sent via the stereo... but in the stereo i want to listen to music...

i'm sure this happens to headphones also.

Guest wookie16081965
Gr8 job kallt, thanks :)

i know it says gen 1 and gen 2 but is the rls5 for both or is there one for each thanks

Edited by wookie16081965

Guest jasonXXx

@KK

are these changes all in the boot.img? If yes can i just flash the boot image i have modified lots of stuff in RLS4 and would like to just have the listed changes.

•Kernel now uses gzip:ed initrd to make it easier for other to modifiy

•Fix for non-responsive touchscreen (on some Blades) by leromarinvit

•Automaticly mounts /cache as tmpfs (ramdisk) if cache partition is less than 20000kb.

Thanks in advance.

Guest kallt_kaffe
@KK

are these changes all in the boot.img? If yes can i just flash the boot image i have modified lots of stuff in RLS4 and would like to just have the listed changes.

•Kernel now uses gzip:ed initrd to make it easier for other to modifiy

•Fix for non-responsive touchscreen (on some Blades) by leromarinvit

In kernel...

•Automaticly mounts /cache as tmpfs (ramdisk) if cache partition is less than 20000kb.

Not in boot.img.

Guest dadashi

thanks for new release KK....

RLS4b Ive been getting low-storage messages even though Ive got 300Mb free from 512MB Ext2 partition on my SD...I had to free up 15MB Internet explorer data to stop the messages temporarily, hope the RLS5 doesnt have this...

my biggest wish with any new rom is battery life :) hope rls5 delivers...

Now that Im thinking about it, Id like Arabic language Alphabet recognition and Flash as well...but thats only something google can do for the Android...I still dont believe andropid doesnt properly support arabic, Ive been thinking of going for a nokia with symbion again....it might be old but its built like a brick shite house and so are nokia phones...

Edited by dadashi

Guest jasonXXx

@KK

•Automaticly mounts /cache as tmpfs (ramdisk) if cache partition is less than 20000kb

To use this part i just need the userinit.sh from RLS5 or are there any extra stuff? Thanks.

Guest Poodha
i know it says gen 1 and gen 2 but is the rls5 for both or is there one for each thanks

I was wondering that as well. Since it's only one file, I'm right in assuming it's the same file for both gen 1 and gen 2?

Guest Poodha
I use 'Quick Settings' mate. It's free and you can do quite a bit with it. I'd actually say it's better than the Power Controls one that was in Flibblesan's rom.

Here ya go: http://www.appbrain.com/app/quick-settings/com.bwx.bequick

I like to have it as I have 3G/WiFi turned off most of the time and if I launch something that needs internet access, it's easier to pull down the notification bar and launch 3G/WiFi/etc from there rather than having to close the app I'm in, turning on 3G etc then switch the particular app back on again.

How do you get quicksettings in the notification bar? I also use quicksettings, but I would like to have, just as you, wifi and datatraffic in the notification bar(so much easier as you pointed out to switch when you're in an app).

Guest asdfail

I can't seem to find the answer to my problems.

Setting smartass governor hangs the phone. I used 650mhz on setcpu on JJ9 w/o any problems, now it doesn't matter wheter i set 600 or 650 as the max freq, it just won't work. now using ondemand, whats the gain use smartass? I believe that this ondemand could use max freq even if screen off due to background programs, smartass only max 245?

Also, i tried this SD card read speed boost hack. Is the value fixed by the rom setup?

Tried changing the value with some file explorer, but after save it jumped back to 128. Then i tried flashin provided zips via cwm (init.d script) but the file showed again 128. Also the market program wont work.