[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest kallt_kaffe
@KK

•Automaticly mounts /cache as tmpfs (ramdisk) if cache partition is less than 20000kb

To use this part i just need the userinit.sh from RLS5 or are there any extra stuff? Thanks.

Correct, but if you allready have the cache2tmpfs patch installed then you can skip it. the cache2tmpfs patch does the same but puts the logic in /system/etc/init.qcom.post.boot.sh (or somthing like that). Having both installed propably work but means it will unmount and remount the cache again when it runs the post-boot script.

Guest kallt_kaffe
I can't seem to find the answer to my problems.

Setting smartass governor hangs the phone. I used 650mhz on setcpu on JJ9 w/o any problems, now it doesn't matter wheter i set 600 or 650 as the max freq, it just won't work. now using ondemand, whats the gain use smartass? I believe that this ondemand could use max freq even if screen off due to background programs, smartass only max 245?

Smartass also ramps up to max speed faster. Perhaps that's what your phone is sensitive too? Smartass runs fine on mine but different phones may react differently to the sudden jump in frequency. I tried adding the smartass governor to the kernel I run on my HTC Desire and it didn't like it at all.

Also, i tried this SD card read speed boost hack. Is the value fixed by the rom setup?

Tried changing the value with some file explorer, but after save it jumped back to 128. Then i tried flashin provided zips via cwm (init.d script) but the file showed again 128. Also the market program wont work.

I've read an explanation about why that hack is no good but I can't remember the details. I think it was thalamus (HTC Desire kernel dev) who wrote about it in the Oxygen (HTC Desire ROM) thread over at XDA. Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest kallt_kaffe
KK, if this is the final version of SS, what we shall expect next?

Dunno... Next weeks will be rather busy (real life stuff) so I wanted to get this stuff out of the pipe before Easter.

Got some ideas, not decided where to start yet. Time will tell.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Will you be updating "Swedish_Spring_RLS4_aosp_contacts.zip" to Release 5 ?

Just ignore that it says RLS4. The only "update" it needs is renaming of the file.

Guest shanewaz
Just ignore that it says RLS4. The only "update" it needs is renaming of the file.

Hi, thanks for all your hard work. Am on RLS3 and loving it! See you have a RLS5 now and I just had a few questions.

1) I am currently on SS RLS3 and want to update to RLS5, do I need to also flash AOSP contact RLS4 or the fact that I already did it with AOSP contact RLS3 means it doesn't need flashing again but with the AOSP contact RLS4?

2) Am I right in thinking, in theory, that as long as I don't wipe data /davlik etc , only flash the RLS5 custom rom, then I will not lose any of the extra apps added since / notes saved with OI shopping list / messages / phone contacts etc that I've accumilated since flashing on SS RLS3?

3) I currently have a Frankish blue circular battery theme on, when I flash, will I lose this? If so, can I just reflash his circular theme on top, or will I need to wipe everything (data/davlik etc) just to get this back?

4) Do I do an 'apply sd card / update zip' or ' Choose zip from SD card' when flashing this, as I jumped in on RLS3 from FLB, and don't know if it should be one or the other (reading conflicting info).

5) I recently read about how to partition my SD card for app2sd. Will it cause an issue if I flash this and then perform a partition in Clockwork, or should I partition my current rom first and then perform the partition? Is there anything I need to be aware of if I am partitioning the current rom? (eg should I move the apps back to phone first, then partition, then flash, and then send across apps etc?)

I really am sorry if these are stupid q'ions - I seem to learn loads as I ask more from peoples answers but then have a load more questions as I get to learn more.

Cheers for all your great work though and it's a shame it's the final SS RLS!

Guest shanewaz
Give me 10 mins..

Here you go (premium too)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TI2LAZY4

Hi Lance. Once again, I have another question ofr you (sorry!) I saved and extraced the GPS.conf file, and plugged in my phone to paste it in, but cannot find the 'system' folder to put it into - 'pushing' it different to pasting it, and if not, where should I paste it in my phone?

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Guest wookie16081965
Hi, thanks for all your hard work. Am on RLS3 and loving it! See you have a RLS5 now and I just had a few questions.

1) I am currently on SS RLS3 and want to update to RLS5, do I need to also flash AOSP contact RLS4 or the fact that I already did it with AOSP contact RLS3 means it doesn't need flashing again but with the AOSP contact RLS4?

2) Am I right in thinking, in theory, that as long as I don't wipe data /davlik etc , only flash the RLS5 custom rom, then I will not lose any of the extra apps added since / notes saved with OI shopping list / messages / phone contacts etc that I've accumilated since flashing on SS RLS3?

3) I currently have a Frankish blue circular battery theme on, when I flash, will I lose this? If so, can I just reflash his circular theme on top, or will I need to wipe everything (data/davlik etc) just to get this back?

4) Do I do an 'apply sd card / update zip' or ' Choose zip from SD card' when flashing this, as I jumped in on RLS3 from FLB, and don't know if it should be one or the other (reading conflicting info).

5) I recently read about how to partition my SD card for app2sd. Will it cause an issue if I flash this and then perform a partition in Clockwork, or should I partition my current rom first and then perform the partition? Is there anything I need to be aware of if I am partitioning the current rom? (eg should I move the apps back to phone first, then partition, then flash, and then send across apps etc?)

I really am sorry if these are stupid q'ions - I seem to learn loads as I ask more from peoples answers but then have a load more questions as I get to learn more.

hi i went from rls4b to rls5 without wipe but had to flash asop and frankish theme but everything else stayed the same hope i helped.

ps i chose zip from sd card

Edited by wookie16081965

Guest wookie16081965

hi i went from rls4b to rls5 without wipe but had to flash asop and frankish theme but everything else stayed the same hope i helped. ps i chose zip from sd card.sorry double post Edited by wookie16081965

Guest dadashi

I installed RLS-5, after the restart my 8GB-sd card was corrupted and couldn't be read either on the SF or my Laptop...I had to do a new format to use the card again!

I regularly do backups so I put all the data unto the sdcard again...this has never happend before, thought maybe my sdcard was broken but thankfully not...

Guest jenjenx
I upgrade to RLS5 from RLS4b without wipe and all working OK.

When you do this do you lose your widget positions and other homescreen settings etc?

Thanks

Guest tyrol_gangster

apologies for posting the same issue into two topics, but maybe it can be fixed within the ROM that the HTC_IME keyboard DOES NOT SAVE DICTIONARY?? it would be fantastic if KK could do sth about that (PLEASE)...

Guest tyrol_gangster

one more REQUEST: would it be possible to add a setting somewhere to hide the USB debugging icon from the notification area, please?

Guest Vvorth
one more REQUEST: would it be possible to add a setting somewhere to hide the USB debugging icon from the notification area, please?

Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging turn to off

Guest sihumphries

Downloading RLS5 now :)

All working, didn't have to wipe.

kallt_kaffe you are a legend! It seems smoother and the touch seems more responsive?!? You are keeping my Gen1 alive, I see no reason to upgrade to Gen2 and CM7 when SS 'just works' for me! Very happy! Thanks!

Edited by sihumphries

Guest rauskis
Downloading RLS5 now :)

So do I.

Everything working fine without wipeing.

Thank you kallt_kaffe again for excellent rom.

Edited by rauskis

Guest ztebladeuser

3g/hsdpa data randomly stops working on 4b and 5, reboot fixes it but it's annoying.

Edited by ztebladeuser

Guest 167pk

I got wifi issue w/SSR5, can't connected to the wireless router, it always shown connected and then disconnected again & again !!

but I didn't got this w/SSR4 before :)

Guest forney27
3g/hsdpa data randomly stops working on 4b and 5, reboot fixes it but it's annoying.

Ahhhh, its not just me then...thanks for confirming as I also have this problem.

Guest notarzt

hey guys!

first of all. many thanks for the development of such an great rom. it really runs like a charm. perfect.

now my question:

cause im kinda android noob i dont have much experience with a2sd and data2sd skripts. so i would like to know how i can set up my blade runnun SS RL3 for the use of a2sd or if possible data2sd.

hopefully somebody can give me a tutorial or an explanation.

thx alot.

btw. sorry for my poor english.

Guest Blasphemous
How do you get quicksettings in the notification bar? I also use quicksettings, but I would like to have, just as you, wifi and datatraffic in the notification bar(so much easier as you pointed out to switch when you're in an app).

Hi mate. This is how to get it in the Notification Pull Down Bar.

Go to your apps.

Click on Quicksettings

Once it's opened tap the MENU key at the bottom of the screen (its the one in the middle next to the home icon and the back button icon).

You'll see a menu pop up and you'll have 2 options: Customise and Preferences. Click Preferences.

Now you'll see a list. The 3rd one down should be Status Bar Shortcut. Click on that.

On the menu that pops up click on Add & Hide Icon.

That's it! From now on when you pull down the Notification bar you'll see an option there that says Quick Settings. Tap on it and the quick settings menu pops up allowing you to turn on 3G etc.

Hope that helps.