[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest artemzr
Yes, it's because you post with almost no information.

I have installed Swedish_Spring_RLS5 just using recovery_clockwork_3.0.1.4_blade.zip. I try to do partition (512, 0 swap) or try dont do partitions, the result is one - when I try to intall some applications (for example cordy, Trial Xtreme) I got reboot.

Guest rauskis
lol!? This spelling of the birthday field has nothing to do with the contact person itself :) :) ...it's a translation error as shown in the screenshot.

I can reproduce this here (also using german language). So any chance we can fix this?

Found it. There is an error or mistake in the translation tables. When changing my language to deutch, i've the same danish word for "birthday".

The translation table for german language should be corrected for that.

The same error may be originated from the stock-rom itself.

Edited by rauskis

Guest targetbsp
I have installed Swedish_Spring_RLS5 just using recovery_clockwork_3.0.1.4_blade.zip. I try to do partition (512, 0 swap) or try dont do partitions, the result is one - when I try to intall some applications (for example cordy, Trial Xtreme) I got reboot.

Both of those games need an Arm7 CPU which the blade doesn't have.

Guest sm4tik

I'm thinking of switching to aosp contacts for a change and understand that installing it should optimally be done with a clean install (rom) or with a wipe. But is there any way to install it without a full wipe, and if so, then what apps should I clean before installing it?

Thanks in advance!

Guest arpakyna

Excellent rom! Seems a bit smoother than FLB G2 and much more so than CM7. Quadrant only gives measly 527 points, but in actual use it's fast (I have ahb and cpu overclocked). The only thing missing is the notification bar toggle that FLB and CM7 has. I tried the program that was linked here, but it's not as functional.

To the guy who had problem with screen responsiveness with unblock me, do you play keeping the phone on your table etc? I have found while reading books the phone lying on bed that you need to touch the case of the phone with another finger to get response (the same with iPhone 4). I guess it "closes the circuit" so the capacitive screen can work. Why that works even though the case is plastic, I have no idea.

Guest Hanks6

thanks for the work on this rom :)

is there much difference between the stock contacts app and the one included with the rom?

and kernel wise...are either of the stock options generally more stable or more battery efficient? i don't care about overclocking. i would of thought the original swedish one is the one to use as it's what the original rom is built around?...

Guest mamboboy

Anyone else's WiFi broken with this ROM? I can connect to both my routers, but no data seemingly passes through to the phone. It's doing my nut in as the 3g signal is bad enough here already :)

Guest dwl99
Anyone else's WiFi broken with this ROM? I can connect to both my routers, but no data seemingly passes through to the phone. It's doing my nut in as the 3g signal is bad enough here already :)

Try rebooting your routers

Guest TheBrainKafka
Go read up on how Android stores its language files and edit it yourself? :)

any hint would be appreciated :-)

Edited by TheBrainKafka

Guest ColdEmbrace
I'm thinking of switching to aosp contacts for a change and understand that installing it should optimally be done with a clean install (rom) or with a wipe. But is there any way to install it without a full wipe, and if so, then what apps should I clean before installing it?

Thanks in advance!

I installed SS yesterday morning, set all my apps up and decided that I hated the dialer. I downloaded and flashed the AOSP contacts via clockwork I never fiddled with anything and it installed fine for me.

Guest rauskis
any hint would be appreciated :-)

Resources are built in to the ROM, and can't be edited in any "language files".

Edited by rauskis

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Anyone have battery drain issue with RLS 5 ? The level down from 100% to 75% during the night, without wifi or others stuffs...

Thanks.

Guest dibbles
Anyone have battery drain issue with RLS 5 ? The level down from 100% to 75% during the night, without wifi or others stuffs...

Thanks.

Have a look under spare parts at your battery history. Also check your "partial wakes" to see what is contributing to your issue. For me it used to be "dialer".

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Thanks guys. On partial wake I have nothing strange, at least the dialer show 0s of use...

I have tried to recalibrate my battery with BatteryCalibration App, I think this is the problem... I'll try to do that again with manuel calibration.

Thanks.

Guest vt750c2
Found it. There is an error or mistake in the translation tables. When changing my language to deutch, i've the same danish word for "birthday".

The translation table for german language should be corrected for that.

The same error may be originated from the stock-rom itself.

Where can I change the translation table?

Does anyone knows this? I realy want to have it corrected.

ThankX!

Vt750c2

Guest Magnets

I had the partial wake issue for a few days after I started using the rom (upgraded from stock OS), but I have not had it since. You may be correct.

Guest JT_daniel

I have PowerAMP with the highest Partial Wake usage, with 38 minutes in a 18 hour usage since unplugged. My battery's pretty ordinary, giving me around a day and a half with sporadic 3g and WiFi usage, with a lot of apps fiddling and a few calls.

Is this an issue?

Guest JT_daniel

And one more doubt- With the facebook compatible contacts version installed, do I need to have the facebook app to get the contacts?

And I heard there was a problem between Facebook and Google and that's why Google took the contacts syncing feature out of the android phones?! So even with this can we get the contacts?

Guest german_psycho
And one more doubt- With the facebook compatible contacts version installed, do I need to have the facebook app to get the contacts?

And I heard there was a problem between Facebook and Google and that's why Google took the contacts syncing feature out of the android phones?! So even with this can we get the contacts?

Don't know if it while work in months to come, but at least at the moment the facebook sync works without problems.

And yeah, I think you need the facebook app installed and logged in into FB. Else the dialer won't get your contacts.

btw: You can edit your postings..

Edited by german_psycho

Guest TheBrainKafka
Hi.

is there a was to get into the gps settings (like gpssetup2 on the samsung i5800) ?

By the way, GPS works great!

Is there a was to get into the gps settings or can anyone post the gps settings like supl server and so on ?