[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Frankish
edit: "Dialer" gives me always a FC, although I only use "Phone"

Seems like you are using aosp contacts add on? That means the "dialer" will force close. You can remove the apk i think it's a ZTExxx one.

Just uploaded the Generation X Blue theme.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Seems like you are using aosp contacts add on? That means the "dialer" will force close. You can remove the apk i think it's a ZTExxx one.

Just uploaded the Generation X Blue theme.

The aosp addon should delete SmartDialer.apk as it is not compatible with the AOSP Contacts. It also replaces Mms.apk for the same reason.

Guest Frankish
The aosp addon should delete SmartDialer.apk as it is not compatible with the AOSP Contacts. It also replaces Mms.apk for the same reason.

Ok so i'm not sure why he has dialler that force closes then :S

Guest kallt_kaffe

Btw, I've added a fix for the GMail FC's in the first post. I was kind of waiting for some more things to fix and make a RLS3 with the fix included but, well, everything else seems to be OK so I decided to make a seperate fix for it. Propably make a RLS2b with it in a day or two unless something turns up to motivate a RLS3.

Guest kallt_kaffe

Could be if he manually merged the aosp addon with the main ROM before installing. If so then the SmartDialer.apk would still be there. That's the only logical explanation I can think of.

EDIT: Now that I think about it I think someone asked me if it could be merged before installing and I said yes, completely forgetting about SmartDialer.apk so it's could be my fault... :D

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest Baltar

Could be if he manually merged the aosp addon with the main ROM before installing. If so then the SmartDialer.apk would still be there. That's the only logical explanation I can think of.

EDIT: Now that I think about it I think someone asked me if it could be merged before installing and I said yes, completely forgetting about SmartDialer.apk so it's could be my fault... :D

Thanks for all the answers.

Yes I was the one who asked if it was possible to merge the files, I merged all :( I was reporting the Dialer issue only so that you could know, because I even don't use it, but now it's explained the FC thing.

Guest Baltar
Partial wake usage shows Email is keeping the phone from sleeping. Does anyone else using Email and notice the same thing?

I don't use "Email", but I'll try to test it and say something. In K9 Mail I don't see this happening, but I'll test it further.

Guest skymera
See first post. Basicly the official ZTE sources + some changes to make it work on the "old" blades. Also overclocking, Andorko's RDS patch, Compcache swap notify support and some experimental tweaks to the suspend code in the touchscreen driver (don't think it made a difference but it didn't seem to break anything).

Thanks.

Do you not use Github? That would make it far simpler than throwing the files at us and making us trawl through them..

Edited by skymera

Guest g-rasshopper
2.6.32 with my overclocking addons. I've tried to match the kernel config with the kernel that came with the rom but kept all the extras from my JJ kernel (like swap, EXT4, CIFS etc...) The stock kernel that came with the original ROM cannot be used on the "old" Blades as the new 2.2 Blades uses different adresses for the kernel and the framebuffer.

Can you expand a bit on this?

I was under the impression that all Blades had essentially the same hardware apart from the screen and camera. Are the new Swedish Blades superior in some way to the old Blades?

Guest Nickman1200

I was under the impression that all Blades had essentially the same hardware apart from the screen and camera. Are the new Swedish Blades superior in some way to the old Blades?

They are the same. You either send in your phone and they do a firmware upgrade or you buy one which have it already done.

Hej kallt_kaffe, I installed this "Swedish_Spring_RLS2.zip (for normal Clockwork install) (less than 128 system)". All went well but JoinMe software doesn't detect updated phone anymore in Win XP (XP does show Blade memory card in file explorer and it can be accessed though). Is there different version of JoinMe provided with the official 2.2 Blades than what comes with official 2.1 phones, if so where could that version be downloaded? Also I couldn't get usb tethering to work in Win XP using these instructions: http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/a...p;answer=182134 Should tethering work with those instructions with this ROM?

USB tethering started to work after installing these drivers to XP: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=445436 Don't need JoinMe too much now that tethering works but would "nice" though if it worked too..

Guest Poodha
QUOTE(Poodha @ Mar 19 2011, 22:45) *

Last time I used SS and wrote a text message in portraitmode with HTC_IME you couldn't scroll the textmessage you were responding too. Seems like the UI in the textmessage app is changed somewhat. The box you're writing in is for example bigger than regular. Anybody else that can't scroll in the background while writing qwerty in portraitmode?

You can change that in the HTC_IME settings (fullscreen portrait mode disabled).

Thanks for the tip. But I can't find that setting in HTC_IME, only "No landscape fullscreen"(disables the fullscreen UI in landscape"), my problem is in portrait mode. Although I'm not on Swedish Spring now, I gave CM7 n26 a spin, but I'm assuming that Swedish Spring uses the same HTC_IME by Jonas that you can download from modaco(the one I'm using now in CM7)?

Guest kallt_kaffe
Thanks.

Do you not use Github? That would make it far simpler than throwing the files at us and making us trawl through them..

Most of my changes are submitted (not by me) to the kernel on github that they use for CM7. The only interesting changes in my source tree is the overclocking and it has been in the CM7 kernel for some time now and the RDS radio patch wasn't made by me.

Guest kallt_kaffe

I haven't seen one of the official 2.2 phones myself but I think they are identical. However all official 2.2 Blades from ZTE have a different firmware. Their RIL libs is not compatible with the "old" phones and also the "new" phones loads the kernel to 0x02600000 instead of 0x02a00000. Also the framebuffer is moved from 0x02900000 to 0x02500000. So their kernel does not work on our "old" phones because of that. When we got the kernel source for 2.2 from ZTE we had to change those addresses in a couple of places before it worked on our "old" phones.

You could say the "new" phones have a new BIOS if we were to compare them with a PC.

So to get an official 2.2 to run on the "old" phones you need to recompile the kernel with the changed memory addresses and replace two ril-related libs and then it works. However on this 2.2 I also had to replace the liboemcamera.so to get the camera working but I'm pretty sure that has to do with changes they made to the kernel source that they have not shared with the public yet.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Did official Comviq/Tele2 Sweden 2.2 ROM introduce HSUPA?

Or anything else that's interesting?

Dunno, perhaps. They did change the radio firmware (not fm-radio) somehow because the new ril libs aren't compatible with our "old" (as in not officially upgraded) phones. I don't have an official 2.2 phone so I do not know.

Guest scoula
Only question I have is regarding the sms app. I don;t think it's using this one? http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-fixed-sms-app/

So is there the chance of the wrong recipient bug rearing it;s head or is it using some other fixed sms app?

Thanks!

I'm going to flash this ROM later today, can anyone confirm please that's it not using the fixed SMS app? That way I can just flash it in clockwork the same time as installing the ROM.

Thanks.

Guest kallt_kaffe
I'm going to flash this ROM later today, can anyone confirm please that's it not using the fixed SMS app? That way I can just flash it in clockwork the same time as installing the ROM.

Thanks.

It has the SMS/MMS app that ZTE shipped the ROM with but if you use the aosp_contacts addon it uses an MMS app compiled from the AOSP 2.2.1 sources. I think it is safe to assume that none of them is fixed.

Guest Kame_boy

I'd like to hear your thoughts about in-game performance. Specifically games such as "HexDefence", "stellar escape" or "Speedx 3d"

These games are graphically more demanding than, say, Robo defence. They seem to use "real" 3D-graphics.

What i have noticed is that these games work really well in CM7 (gingerbread), but work less well in any Froyo rom i've tested so far. Thing is though, no froyo before this one has been as "official" as far as i know, so maybe it's fixed now?

By "work less well" i mean that the games stutters a lot and skips frames. Music can also stutter and the screen/digitizer craps out without registering. This doesn't happen in CM7.

Also, i have noticed the digitizer is slightly better at registering in CM7, which is certainly an advantage in games like "Slice IT". This could be due to placebo though, as i have not tested this extensively. Is it at all possible that something like this could have a difference between roms?

I am, of course, going to try this out myself, but i'd still like to know if i'm the only one experiencing this.

Guest kallt_kaffe
I'd like to hear your thoughts about in-game performance. Specifically games such as "HexDefence", "stellar escape" or "Speedx 3d"

These games are graphically more demanding than, say, Robo defence. They seem to use "real" 3D-graphics.

What i have noticed is that these games work really well in CM7 (gingerbread), but work less well in any Froyo rom i've tested so far. Thing is though, no froyo before this one has been as "official" as far as i know, so maybe it's fixed now?

The other Froyos has been based on other official 2.2 releases like the chinese and the japanese version. This changes nothing in that aspect.

By "work less well" i mean that the games stutters a lot and skips frames. Music can also stutter and the screen/digitizer craps out without registering. This doesn't happen in CM7.

I doubt it will be any better in this one compared to JJ or any other Froyo ROM for the Blade. ZTE uses a rather old Froyo base compared to CM7 that uses that latest Gingerbread with Cyanogens magic touch on it.

Also, i have noticed the digitizer is slightly better at registering in CM7, which is certainly an advantage in games like "Slice IT". This could be due to placebo though, as i have not tested this extensively. Is it at all possible that something like this could have a difference between roms?

Most likely a difference between Froyo and Gingerbread with Gingerbread being using better optimized and more effective code.

A bit off topic but is Slice IT still trying to gain root access? It did last time I tried it so I uninstalled it. It seems the mobiclix advertisement framework was to blame for it. Seems like the advertisment companies goes way to far IMHO.

Guest mickey megabyte

I hope people are testing my themes as i still haven't had chance.

mnml is working here as it should - minimalistically :D

too early for me to meaningfully comment on the actual rom though, apart from all seems good so far... :(

also i wasn't too sure if i installed the right stuff - i installed all the first three zips - ie Swedish_Spring_RLS2.zip, Swedish_Spring_RLS2_ahb_overclocked.zip and Swedish_Spring_RLS2_hw_ui.zip - in that order, in the interests of getting the snappiest overclockiest hardware-acceleratingest user experience - is that right? and what's that attached (to original post) changed_files.zip for?

as you can tell, i'm still a new user, only had the phone a couple of weeks. in that time i've been using flb, and i thought it was time i tried something else - one flb feature i really like is having the power widget in the notification area or status-bar pulldown (or whatever it's called :() - i always know where i can find it instantly, without having to go to page 4 first. is this easy to achieve, or do i have to learn lots of coding to do this with swedish spring?

thanks k_k for the rom, and thanks frankish for mnml, and thanks to anyone who answers any of my questions!

Guest g-rasshopper
Dunno, perhaps. They did change the radio firmware (not fm-radio) somehow because the new ril libs aren't compatible with our "old" (as in not officially upgraded) phones. I don't have an official 2.2 phone so I do not know.

Interesting. Do you know whether they've also changed the wifi firmware?

Guest g-rasshopper
I haven't seen one of the official 2.2 phones myself but I think they are identical. However all official 2.2 Blades from ZTE have a different firmware. Their RIL libs is not compatible with the "old" phones and also the "new" phones loads the kernel to 0x02600000 instead of 0x02a00000. Also the framebuffer is moved from 0x02900000 to 0x02500000. So their kernel does not work on our "old" phones because of that. When we got the kernel source for 2.2 from ZTE we had to change those addresses in a couple of places before it worked on our "old" phones.

You could say the "new" phones have a new BIOS if we were to compare them with a PC.

So to get an official 2.2 to run on the "old" phones you need to recompile the kernel with the changed memory addresses and replace two ril-related libs and then it works. However on this 2.2 I also had to replace the liboemcamera.so to get the camera working but I'm pretty sure that has to do with changes they made to the kernel source that they have not shared with the public yet.

Thanks for clarifying that.

I didn't realise that Android phones have a 'BIOS' that is separate from the Android ROM. Are these Bioses generally closed source?

Guest Paden
mnml is working here as it should - minimalistically :D

as you can tell, i'm still a new user, only had the phone a couple of weeks. in that time i've been using flb, and i thought it was time i tried something else - one flb feature i really like is having the power widget in the notification area or status-bar pulldown (or whatever it's called :() - i always know where i can find it instantly, without having to go to page 4 first. is this easy to achieve, or do i have to learn lots of coding to do this with swedish spring?

thanks k_k for the rom, and thanks frankish for mnml, and thanks to anyone who answers any of my questions!

Would 0x90's Power Widget mod work with this ROM?

Cheers, Paul