[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Just Wondering

Ive got a Gen 1 oled version,I've installed the rom and all seems good, except the CPU overclock program will not apply the overclock CPU speed.

I've installed the overclock zip and I've updated the CPU app,but still no joy, basically the app just hangs , one time it said it had applied the settings but just hung stright after , so upon reboot , the app knows it was not closed correctly and the settings are not applied....

everything else is perfect,how can I fix this please

Edited by Just Wondering

Guest k0zmic
Hi!

What is AOSP dealer. is it a bigger dealer than Org. 2.2? And if so where or how can I get it in my Blade. (I am on Swedish Spring)

It's the stock dialer which allows Facebook to sync contacts. Find it on the first page.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest geegeethatsme
Ive got a Gen 1 oled version,I've installed the rom and all seems good, except the CPU overclock program will not apply the overclock CPU speed.

I've installed the overclock zip and I've updated the CPU app,but still no joy, basically the app just hangs , one time it said it had applied the settings but just hung stright after , so upon reboot , the app knows it was not closed correctly and the settings are not applied....

everything else is perfect,how can I fix this please

Check you're on 'On Demand' governor rather than 'Smartass'. Alternatively, it may simply be that your CPU won't handle the speed chosen.

Guest Just Wondering
Check you're on 'On Demand' governor rather than 'Smartass'. Alternatively, it may simply be that your CPU won't handle the speed chosen.

Thank you , the settings where set to ondemand , but it appears my cpu could not take the full strain....so i have set it to a lower setting and all seems good :mellow:

thank you .

Guest ShahinTehShiz

I've got RLS4b, Do I ONLY wipe cache and install zip from sd and select the RLS5?

And whats this about the AOSP dialler? Haven't heard of it and how do I install it?

Guest k0zmic
I've got RLS4b, Do I ONLY wipe cache and install zip from sd and select the RLS5?

And whats this about the AOSP dialler? Haven't heard of it and how do I install it?

It's the stock dialer which allows Facebook to sync contacts with your address book. Find it on the first page, flash via recovery.

Guest ShahinTehShiz
It's the stock dialer which allows Facebook to sync contacts with your address book. Find it on the first page, flash via recovery.

Which option on recovery do I select? And would I be right ONLY wiping the cache when installing RLS5?

Guest k0zmic
Which option on recovery do I select? And would I be right ONLY wiping the cache when installing RLS5?

Only cache and Dalvik Cache and 'install zip from SDCard'

Guest rascas
Got a couple of Qs that i hope someone can answer for me.

When I updated to GEN 2, i initially installed CM7. After realising it was too buggy for me i switched to LanceH's modified Phat SS release. I couldn't connect to a network so decided to try the original and installed SSR5.

I had the same issue, using same upgrade path. Seems as if LanceHs Phat release kills the imei.

Installing SS5 or Cyanogen again fixes imei and phone works again.

Guest AMarinos

After SS3, I went directly to SS5 just to avoid all the small things that apparently weren't 100% OK in SS4. Just wiped cache, installed ahb_o/c, installed BlueCircle theme, and everything works OK. Just need to check on the battery after a day or two, but other than that everything seems perfect :mellow:

Guest ShahinTehShiz
After SS3, I went directly to SS5 just to avoid all the small things that apparently weren't 100% OK in SS4. Just wiped cache, installed ahb_o/c, installed BlueCircle theme, and everything works OK. Just need to check on the battery after a day or two, but other than that everything seems perfect :mellow:

Could you post the link on how to install the ahb and where to find the blue circle theme?

Also did you full wipe or just upgrade?

Thanks

Edited by ShahinTehShiz

Guest DaveMac

Moved to SS5 today after being a long time user of JJ9. I was getting multiple "Connection cannot be made" meesages every couple of minutes, so thought it was time for a change.

Everything seems fine with this, with the exception of 3G....I just never seem to get a 3G icon, even in places where it used to be strong under JJ9.

Through the various ROM's I've used since I got my SF, I've never had to mess with the APN settings, but I have even created a new APN with the Orange settings found elsewhere on Modaco, but to no avail.

I currently have an Edge connection, when I didn't normally at home it was either 3G or H. This soon drops to G though.

I have searched this huge thread, and saw 1 post where they had fixed this same issue, but there was no explanation how they did it.

Any ideas anyone?

Guest nicksoph
Moved to SS5 today after being a long time user of JJ9. I was getting multiple "Connection cannot be made" meesages every couple of minutes, so thought it was time for a change.

Everything seems fine with this, with the exception of 3G....I just never seem to get a 3G icon, even in places where it used to be strong under JJ9.

Any ideas anyone?

I had a few problems upgrading from SS4 and a wipe and reinstall solved mine.

Almost certainly a full wipe will and reinstall will either work (which is most likely) or show a problem with your phone - imho this rom is just about the most stable and reliable of all the 2.2 roms available.

Try a wipe and check out 3g before you do a restore and if that works see if it works after you have restored your data.

Guest targetbsp
Why I can't install flash player on this ROM?

You can't install flash player on the Blade on any rom. Flash needs an ARMv7 cpu and the Blade is v6

Guest ToraNoShi

Hello again!

About my problem with the GPS not working, it's working now.

I did the cache and Dalvik Cache wipe and reintalled the RLS5 and started working.

I think the problem was that i didn't wipe the cache when upgraded from RLS4 to RLS5.

Thanks to everyone for the help!

I hope this helps who's having the same problem I had.

Guest AMarinos
Could you post the link on how to install the ahb and where to find the blue circle theme?

Also did you full wipe or just upgrade?

Thanks

The ahb_o/c is one of the files in the first post. You install it just like everything else: recovery and then "install zip from SD card"

Same goes for the theme, which you can find here. Make sure to download and install the correct theme for SS....

And since I was on SS3, I just wiped the cache, nothing else...and worked like a charm...

Edited by AMarinos

Guest Chris Banks

Hi, this is most probably a noob question.

The system of this Rom is said to be 120.7Mb, however when using ES file explorer and viewing the properties of the system folder, it says its size is 533Mb.

This is with many apps installed, so I am assuming they are installed in the system folder.

Is this correct?

Or is my system folder full of stuff that should not be there.

Thanks

Guest 167pk

Hi , guys

I got GPRS/EDGE issue , when re-connection after the 2G signal is out of range. I can't browsing on the internet and I must switching on&off the airplane mode to resumed the GPRS/EDGE connection?!!

Also, how to optimized the mtu value for Blade? I got the result value mtu=1400 from http://www.speedguide.net/analyzer.php

I already applied busybox ip link set dev rmnet0 mtu = 1460, but no luck!!

Guest manpreetsingh46

I am in dilemma here i need to be sure i used to have cynamod7 on my phone and i changed to Swedish mod please tell me by benchmarking give me better results in cynamod7

Guest targetbsp
Hi, this is most probably a noob question.

The system of this Rom is said to be 120.7Mb, however when using ES file explorer and viewing the properties of the system folder, it says its size is 533Mb.

This is with many apps installed, so I am assuming they are installed in the system folder.

Is this correct?

Or is my system folder full of stuff that should not be there.

Thanks

I think the most likely scenario is a bug in ES file explorer. :mellow: