[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Azurana

I posted my problem before, but since I never got an answer, I'll post it again.

I am currently running rls4b. I want to go to rls5. I tried this 3 times. Each time I downloaded the file again, to check if it was correct.

The first time I installed, i didn't wipe. I got the message "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." I would not load my contacts, and I could not make or receive calls and text messages.

I restored back to rls4b.. everything worked fine. Second try... I wiped everthing, installed rls5. Results, it worked, contacts loaded etc. I was happy. Untill I tried to connect to WIFI. It would not connect. Even free no pass protected wifi's it would refuse to connect.

So i went back to rls4b with a restore.

A couple of days later, I downloaded rls5 again. Wiped cache and dalvik cache, and installed it. And again got the "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." error.. With the calling and etxting problems aswell.

Who knows how to fix this?!

Guest danmanbad

Hi thanks for the rom its great except for one thing that i throught had been sorted when moving to gen2

its that i cant get calls well some times they work and other times it dosent i even had my phone in my hand waiting for a call cuz i just got a missed call text from orange so i will be there making shore i have a signal it can be full or nothing when it happens and i will get a missed call text from orange with a full signal and the phone in my hand while i am looking at it

i dont realy know much about programing and android but the only thing i can think of is the phone is not responding to the network when it trys to connect to the phone

i realy hope this is fixed at some point because the call thing very importent its the only reason im not using this rom now so i have gone bak to JJ9 were i have not had this problem the call thing all so happend to me in FLB so i realy dont know why its happening

thank for the great rom

IT ROCKS MY BLADE AND ROLLS THE WORLD

Guest targetbsp
I posted my problem before, but since I never got an answer, I'll post it again.

I am currently running rls4b. I want to go to rls5. I tried this 3 times. Each time I downloaded the file again, to check if it was correct.

The first time I installed, i didn't wipe. I got the message "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." I would not load my contacts, and I could not make or receive calls and text messages.

I restored back to rls4b.. everything worked fine. Second try... I wiped everthing, installed rls5. Results, it worked, contacts loaded etc. I was happy. Untill I tried to connect to WIFI. It would not connect. Even free no pass protected wifi's it would refuse to connect.

So i went back to rls4b with a restore.

A couple of days later, I downloaded rls5 again. Wiped cache and dalvik cache, and installed it. And again got the "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." error.. With the calling and etxting problems aswell.

Who knows how to fix this?!

You say you're wiping... but are you then restoring using Titanium? If so do your apps only. None of the system settings.

Guest Konstaa
Hello again!

About my problem with the GPS not working, it's working now.

I did the cache and Dalvik Cache wipe and reintalled the RLS5 and started working.

I think the problem was that i didn't wipe the cache when upgraded from RLS4 to RLS5.

Thanks to everyone for the help!

I hope this helps who's having the same problem I had.

No need to wipe anything when upgrading from rls4 to rls5 according to KK instructions.

From the first page "No wipe needed if upgrading from erlier version."

There was'nt any problems for me when upgraded from rls4 to rls5.

Edited by Konstaa

Guest Dark_Sorcerer

kallt_kaffe,

"- Developed a small app ("Extra Settings") that controls Compcache, USB-Charging and HW UI."

Can you provide this app? Or am I asking too much? =)

Guest Azurana
You say you're wiping... but are you then restoring using Titanium? If so do your apps only. None of the system settings.

I don't restore any system apps. Just the apps I downloaded. And I never did anything, the error I get immediatly comes up without me even doing anything.

Guest moxon

hi

I can not assign different ringtones for different contacs .It was possible with the FLB froyo rom.

any solutions please ?

Guest k0zmic
Hi thanks for the rom its great except for one thing that i throught had been sorted when moving to gen2

its that i cant get calls well some times they work and other times it dosent i even had my phone in my hand waiting for a call cuz i just got a missed call text from orange so i will be there making shore i have a signal it can be full or nothing when it happens and i will get a missed call text from orange with a full signal and the phone in my hand while i am looking at it

i dont realy know much about programing and android but the only thing i can think of is the phone is not responding to the network when it trys to connect to the phone

i realy hope this is fixed at some point because the call thing very importent its the only reason im not using this rom now so i have gone bak to JJ9 were i have not had this problem the call thing all so happend to me in FLB so i realy dont know why its happening

thank for the great rom

IT ROCKS MY BLADE AND ROLLS THE WORLD

Strange, have you tried rebooting and then enabling and disabling Airplane mode?

Guest eif
hi

I can not assign different ringtones for different contacs .It was possible with the FLB froyo rom.

any solutions please ?

This is how I do it, and it seems to work. In Contacts view the contact you want to set the ringtone for. Press Menu button and select Options. Choose the Ringtone option and select the ringtone you want.

I hope that helps.

Gavin

Guest beebaakid

Just returned to using this rom on now gen2 phone, the only issue Im having is with the auto brightness, when playing doodle jump the bightness goes up and down, is there a fix to this, I noticed LanceH had enhanced auto brightness in his remixes of this rom, but I had problems installing them ... cheers in advance.

Guest Dark_Sorcerer
It's included in the ROM already. Look in the app drawer :|

I'm not that stupid.. :mellow: I know it is. But I would like to test it in another ROM, that's why I asked for it.

Guest Carbonize

You should of worded the question better then. Anyway you could just backup the app using Titanium Backup then take it out of the back up folder.

Guest JT_daniel

Guys, I had to reflash RLS5 'cos I was having some 3G problems. Reflashed and it's solved now.

A few days before I had to reflash, I had recalibrated my battery and it gave around 55 hours straight. Now that I have flashed RLS5 again, do I need to redo the calibration or is it ok as it is?

Guest Dark_Sorcerer
You should of worded the question better then. Anyway you could just backup the app using Titanium Backup then take it out of the back up folder.

Well, I guess I was trying to do the right thing and asking the developer permission to use it.

Being polite and not agressive. Do you know what I mean?

Guest shmizan
Well, I guess I was trying to do the right thing and asking the developer permission to use it.

Being polite and not agressive. Do you know what I mean?

it looked like you saw the feature written but not in the ROM itself.

it's okay man :mellow: try to PM the developer.

Guest Skoppo

Hi everybody.

QUESTION: Is it possible for me to remove Google Maps, Google Talk, Google Voice Search, Google Mail, Google contact/calendar syncing and any other closed source Google apps before or after installation of Swedish Spring RLS5?

I don't want my phone to sync or communicate with the Google servers at all using any of the preinstalled closed source Google apps.

I read somewhere that if I remove some .apk-files from the system/app folder in the ROM-zip before flashing some of the apps are not installed. If this is true, which files should I remove?

The only Google app I don't want to remove is Google Market.

P.S. If there is any other functionality that enables Android to communicate with Google servers through any other means except the web browser then I would like that feature disabled too.

P.P.S. Will removing any of these apps disable functionality in any non-Google apps i.e. are you aware of any non-Google apps being dependent on any of these Google apps I want to remove?

Edited by Skoppo

Guest targetbsp

What you're probably looking for... is a phone that doesn't run Android :mellow:

There's a list here of what you can and can't move from Googles stuff: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Barebones

As they've listed the market as removable though, it's possible the market itself is dependant on some of the other stuff they have listed as removable.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Len Ash
Hi everybody.

QUESTION: Is it possible for me to remove Google Maps, Google Talk, Google Voice Search, Google Mail, Google contact/calendar syncing and any other closed source Google apps before or after installation of Swedish Spring RLS5?

I don't want my phone to sync or communicate with the Google servers at all using any of the preinstalled closed source Google apps.

I read somewhere that if I remove some .apk-files from the system/app folder in the ROM-zip before flashing some of the apps are not installed. If this is true, which files should I remove?

The only Google app I don't want to remove is Google Market.

P.S. If there is any other functionality that enables Android to communicate with Google servers through any other means except the web browser then I would like that feature disabled too.

P.P.S. Will removing any of these apps disable functionality in any non-Google apps i.e. are you aware of any non-Google apps being dependent on any of these Google apps I want to remove?

For what reason? - sounds almost sinister to me....

Perhaps you should strip the apps you believe are not necessary for your "needs" - although the CM Wiki referred to is old and somewhat incomplete. Most are obvious by name. Or ask one of the ROM cookers here to provide you with a stripped down version.

Guest smithy1983

great rom upgraded fom JJ. Does anyone have the circle battery icon addon for SS? If it exists. Its handy to have.