[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest jasonXXx

@kk

I tryed to extract and mod the boot.img i rebuilt with 0x02e00000 and i just got the green android guy on boot do i need to rebuild with 0x02600000? Thanks in andvance.

Guest toytown

Flashed yesterday and so far everything is working great, one small issue im seeing is that whenever i open up the internet browser, the GPS icon comes on whilst it tries to get a lock for about 5 seconds then it disappears.

This happens on google.com even though "Enable Location" is disabled in the phone's browser settings and "Allow Use of Device Location" is set to NO in google's preferences.

Guest Veritas

Dont know if this is the right place to ask this question but anyway. I changed rom from FLB 10b a few days back and I'm very happy with this rom, But there is one thing I miss. In FLB the screen with all the icons in it was on sort of a box so when you scrolled down it was like a spinning box...dont know how to explain it better. Is there anyway to get this to work on the Swedish Spring as well?

Guest Len Ash
Dont know if this is the right place to ask this question but anyway. I changed rom from FLB 10b a few days back and I'm very happy with this rom, But there is one thing I miss. In FLB the screen with all the icons in it was on sort of a box so when you scrolled down it was like a spinning box...dont know how to explain it better. Is there anyway to get this to work on the Swedish Spring as well?

You mean the App drawer? - the scrollable "page" with all your Apps in (like Maps/Market etc)?

Guest Veritas

yea i guess thats it... not the "main" screen but the one you get to by clicking on the middle button on the homescreen

Edited by Veritas

Guest Pelemane

Launcher Pro preferences-> Advanced settings->Use 3D Drawer.

Guest Len Ash
yea i guess thats it... not the "main" screen but the one you get to by clicking on the middle button on the homescreen

App drawer. You should be able to scroll up and down (assuming there are sufficient apps to make this screen "longer" than a single viewable page) - normal behaviour on all ROMs

Guest Pelemane
so I need to get this app from the market to get this thing to work?

Actually I'm not sure what you meant with "sort of a box so when you scrolled down it was like a spinning box" so I thought it might be it but FLB doen't have Launcher Pro so I guess I was wrong.

Did you mean something like this?

Guest Veritas
Actually I'm not sure what you meant with "sort of a box so when you scrolled down it was like a spinning box" so I thought it might be it but FLB doen't have Launcher Pro so I guess I was wrong.

Did you mean something like this?

jepp something like that!

Guest Frankish
Is it still not possible to build 2.2 from AOSP for the Blade?

This is old FRF91 with broken stagefright iirc.

That would be really nice. Surely with the new RIL it would be feasible?

By new i mean the fixed one for CM7 etc.

Edited by Frankish

Guest shootomanUK
I've still got two of every contact on my phone....how can I fix this...?

it happened to me, i had 4 of every contact,

before i flashed with this rom i backed up all of my contacts to sd card via the jj-rls9 rom

then on the new rom selected all contacts and deleted them & imported my contacts from sd card.

but its easier just to go to Google Contacts Webpage here: http://www.google.com/contacts

only just found that out (if only i would have known sooner) lol

;-)

Edited by shootomanUK

Guest Poodha
one thing i cant find on this rom that i had on the JJ-rls9 rom is the alternative white keyboard ?

is it on this ?

You mean HTC_IME?

Yes, it's in this ROM. Just longpress a textfield and then chose it.

Edited by Poodha

Guest shootomanUK
You mean HTC_IME?

Yes, it's in this ROM. Just longpress a textfield and then chose it.

Cheers dude, forgot you had to do that ! lol

Guest Poodha
I'm liking it! Wifi reconnection is very fast and so far 100% successful. Superuser has worked 100% successfully too unlike other Froyos. In fact it's making me wonder if I should try wiping my other Froyo backups to try and get Superuser working reliably? Though it seems kinda redundant as this one works so well!

Only question I have is regarding the sms app. I don;t think it's using this one? http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-fixed-sms-app/

So is there the chance of the wrong recipient bug rearing it;s head or is it using some other fixed sms app?

Thanks!

I'm wondering this as well. Is this sms app safe regards to the wrong recipient bug? On top of that, there seems to be some problems with writing in portraitmode and scrolling the message you respond to. If the message is long(say over 3 sms) you can't scroll the entire message you're responding to. Anybody else who have noticed this?

And is there a way to replace this sms app with a safer?

Other than the sms app(was a bit sluggish after I imported messages as well), this ROM have been great so far.

Edited by Poodha