[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest dadashi
it happened to me, i had 4 of every contact,

before i flashed with this rom i backed up all of my contacts to sd card via the jj-rls9 rom

then on the new rom selected all contacts and deleted them & imported my contacts from sd card.

but its easier just to go to Google Contacts Webpage here: http://www.google.com/contacts

only just found that out (if only i would have known sooner) lol

;-)

Thanx, I went to google as well and all my contacts were doubled there and I used the merge duplicates option....seems it might be a google problem and not from the rom...

so now i deleted all the contacts on the phone and when I want to update my contacts from the server it wants to delete all my contacts on the sever...

So I still haven't worked out a simple way to solve this...

Guest skymera
That would be really nice. Surely with the new RIL it would be feasible?

By new i mean the fixed one for CM7 etc.

With new RIL, it should be pretty straight forward I assume.

I have no experience of building Android nor the correct environment. So unfortunately, I cannot attempt this.

Guest wookie16081965

just a quick question on selecting about phone top says system updates on pressing that says storage card updates copy updated package to storage card for system updates can anyone explain this please running Swedish_Spring_RLS2_GenX_AOSP_Stock Apps_No HW_32M full wipe before i put this on thanks.

Guest scoula
That link didn't work? =)

But you're saying it's safe to just flash that app and the other standard app will be overwritten?

I flashed the fixed sms app at the same time as installing the ROM and it works fine.

One thing I have noticed is that after listening to music and unplugging my earphones when I go to adjust the ringtone volume using the buttons at the side it still adjusts the media volume and not the ringtone volume even after music has stopped. Is this the same for others?

Guest jr866gooner

Couple of questions...

Use Clockwork Recovery 3.0.1.4 or similar to install the ROM and addons. Remember to Wipe data/cache when installing the ROM (before or after does not matter) I have version 2.5.8 or something similar, What will happen if I try to install this with that?

Important! Users with officiall 2.2 Blades should not use this or ANY custom ROM made for the "old" Blades. However, I do have a special version of this ROM that may (or may not) work on an official Comviq/Tele2 Android 2.2 Blade. I'll give the link to those who want to try it and promise NOT TO BLAME ME if it bricks their phones

I dont quite understand this part....I have an OLED screen and this was one of the first batches of phones to be released, Does this mean it will not work on my phone at all?

I look forward to all replies

JR

Guest kallt_kaffe
@kk

I tryed to extract and mod the boot.img i rebuilt with 0x02e00000 and i just got the green android guy on boot do i need to rebuild with 0x02600000? Thanks in andvance.

0x02a00000

Guest kallt_kaffe
Is it still not possible to build 2.2 from AOSP for the Blade?

This is old FRF91 with broken stagefright iirc.

CM 6.1 has been built so I'm sure it can be done.

Battery Draining is really bad with this ROM. -25% over night. Cell standby 50% Phone idle 49%. FLB 10 is much better. In my opinion this is big issue and should be mentioned on the first page.

Guest Pelemane
Battery Draining is really bad with this ROM. -25% over night. Cell standby 50% Phone idle 49%. FLB 10 is much better. In my opinion this is big issue and should be mentioned on the first page.

Calibrate your battery. I lost 3% in over 8h.

Guest dadashi

battery is good with this rom, but not perfect...

after two days use I'd say it's about the same as FLB10 or R12...

the deciding factor is what's running on the phone 24/7... wifi, data exchange, countless apps running in background, etc...

....LauncherPro uses more juice than standard launcher but once you've used it you can't go back...

Guest kallt_kaffe
Couple of questions...

Use Clockwork Recovery 3.0.1.4 or similar to install the ROM and addons. Remember to Wipe data/cache when installing the ROM (before or after does not matter) I have version 2.5.8 or something similar, What will happen if I try to install this with that?

Should work.

Important! Users with officiall 2.2 Blades should not use this or ANY custom ROM made for the "old" Blades. However, I do have a special version of this ROM that may (or may not) work on an official Comviq/Tele2 Android 2.2 Blade. I'll give the link to those who want to try it and promise NOT TO BLAME ME if it bricks their phones

I dont quite understand this part....I have an OLED screen and this was one of the first batches of phones to be released, Does this mean it will not work on my phone at all?

Relax, this ONLY applies to those who have a Blade that was sold with Android 2.2 (or upgraded during repair.)

Guest targetbsp

I had no such problem. App preventing sleep?

Guest wookie16081965
just a quick question on selecting about phone top says system updates on pressing that says storage card updates copy updated package to storage card for system updates can anyone explain this please running Swedish_Spring_RLS2_GenX_AOSP_Stock Apps_No HW_32M full wipe before i put this on thanks.

anybody got answer to this please

Guest Frankish

Just uploaded 2 more themes.

GenerationX Red and Green variants. Only one left is Elegant Steel and all the same themes are available for FLB, MCR, JJ and SS roms. :D

Guest whatcolour

Been using this ROM during the weekend and all seem great so far!

One little concern: Task Manager shows that CPU idles at about 18%, but usually around 10% on FLB and JJ with the same apps installed.

What does yours say?

Guest Baltar
Been using this ROM during the weekend and all seem great so far!

One little concern: Task Manager shows that CPU idles at about 18%, but usually around 10% on FLB and JJ with the same apps installed.

What does yours say?

10/11%

Guest Blejder

Hey kallt_kaffe, are you planing to add BFS, BFQ, Smartass in next version of ROM?

They are used in CM7 (BFS and BFQ), and they are also added in the latest version of FLB-Froyo G2 (r11).

ps. Tnx for great ROM :D