[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Vyker

Has anyone had problems with making calls while the phone reports battery warning low 15%?

I don't know if its related, but the phone doesn't make or receive any calls once I get low battery.

Anyone?

Guest Jaffacakelover
Just installed this, forgot all about my favourite JJ part... the Circular Battery! Will the JJ version work with this, or will it need porting?

It was asked and answered many times already IN THIS SAME THREAD.

Thanks for linking me to one of the previously mentioned solutions... sike.

I searched "circular" and 2 out of 3 were my posts. "Battery" returns all sorts of posts.

It's not in the Original Post.

I don't have time to read a 66 page thread.

In short, thanks Simono, i'll give it a try!

Guest jman01
Most? I'd say a few possible a fifth of users if that.

Sounds like it is working ok for you. Out of interest, are you using connecting to Exchange 2010? How did you set it up? Which ROM are you using? I am using identical settings that i was using on JJ9 without luck. I have never understood exactly how it works because it always did.

Thanks for any info.

Guest jesuita
Just reinstall without wipe...

Question is, what caused it?

Regarding the Auto Brightness feature not working i managed to solve it by making a call where the light sensor dimmed the screen black, after the call the feature was working as intended :)

Still dunno what actually caused it though..

Guest dadashi

The last 3 or 4 days my battery has just been going down from 90% to 20% in the space of 4 or 5 hours just from doing nothing!!

I tried rebooting several times and checked if there was anything out of the ordinary running in the background....no joy...

It's from cell-standby and phone-idle, didn't seem to get this with RLS2 or 3....i used to get the same cell standby battery eating problem in jelly fish roms before...

Cell Standby 34%

Phone idle 32%

Android OS 14%

Android system 8%

WiFi 4%

Display 2%

A few people have posted this as well, any thoughts...?

Edited by dadashi

Guest Len Ash
The last 3 or 4 days my battery has just been going down from 90% to 20% in the space of 4 or 5 hours just from doing nothing!!

I tried rebooting several times and checked if there was anything out of the ordinary running in the background....no joy...

It's from cell-standby and phone-idle, didn't seem to get this with RLS2 or 3....i used to get the same cell standby battery eating problem in jelly fish roms before...

Cell Standby 34%

Phone idle 32%

Android OS 14%

Android system 8%

WiFi 4%

Display 2%

A few people have posted this as well, any thoughts...?

You are likely misunderstanding what this is telling you...

Suggest you check Spare Parts partial wake... but ensure you interpret properly and use ONLY after running after a reboot and for several hours on battery. You also need to ensure that you have no weird apps running and all sync apps (weather/news/email/FB/Twit/etc.) set very lean.

Guest dadashi
You are likely misunderstanding what this is telling you...

Suggest you check Spare Parts partial wake... but ensure you interpret properly and use ONLY after running after a reboot and for several hours on battery. You also need to ensure that you have no weird apps running and all sync apps (weather/news/email/FB/Twit/etc.) set very lean.

OK, thanx.... just rebooted and I'll see later today...starting with 94% battery at 08:30 am

Edited by dadashi

Guest Pirttila
Thanks for linking me to one of the previously mentioned solutions... sike.

I searched "circular" and 2 out of 3 were my posts. "Battery" returns all sorts of posts.

It's not in the Original Post.

I don't have time to read a 66 page thread.

In short, thanks Simono, i'll give it a try!

And you think we have time do that for you? People are tired of answer the same questions over and over again.

Try search "battery indicator" in this topic and see the difference. :)

Guest haltbarmilch

First of all, hello!

Is it possibly to add Virtual Network Operator's? I mean the national roaming problem. The signal icon always show's the roaming icon ® and i must enable Data Roaming for access. I've found this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...80#post12693880

I put the spn-conf.xml to the /system/etc folder but it doesn't work. Maybe somebody have any suggestions? Thanks a lot for the ROM and help.

Guest FrankyG

Hi,

Anyone have a problem with AppBrain fast web installer?

I get an error - "unfortunately your phone model is currently not supported due to a bug in the android operating system. We are working on a solution for this"

I just switched from FLB r10b where it worked fine.

Guest Magnets

Another issue I've noticed is that after I've used GPS for a while, then put the phone to sleep (ex for an hour), upon waking up it can take a minute or two to get a fix. Does it cache the aGPS data when offline?

Guest Len Ash
Another issue I've noticed is that after I've used GPS for a while, then put the phone to sleep (ex for an hour), upon waking up it can take a minute or two to get a fix. Does it cache the aGPS data when offline?

AGPS not enabled in stock SS... IIRC

Guest rheumatoid
AGPS not enabled in stock SS... IIRC

I noticed this. Was it done for a reason?

Not a major problem for me although it would be nice on occasions to get a rough fix indoors when looking at weather / local news and google sky, etc. Not sure I want to risk enabling it tho as don't want to do anything that might damage by excellent battery life!

Guest Len Ash

Not a major problem for me although it would be nice on occasions to get a rough fix indoors when looking at weather / local news and google sky, etc. Not sure I want to risk enabling it tho as don't want to do anything that might damage by excellent battery life!

Easy fix though...

unzip this and push in to /system/etc/

Reboot

Let me know the result...

gps.zip

Edited by Len Ash

Guest Carbonize

Network location is used for rough location and GPS is used for fine location. Weather apps and news are all happy to just use network location.

Guest Jetba

Hello.

First thing i want to say, that this is awesome mod. But i have encountered this kind of problem:

My GPS doesn't work. I can leave it on for 10 minutes, and it cant find me. Is there any fix for that?

Guest Len Ash
Hello.

First thing i want to say, that this is awesome mod. But i have encountered this kind of problem:

My GPS doesn't work. I can leave it on for 10 minutes, and it cant find me. Is there any fix for that?

You are outside with a clear view of the sky?

First fix takes ages. Have a look at my post above too.

Guest rheumatoid
Network location is used for rough location and GPS is used for fine location. Weather apps and news are all happy to just use network location.

I know that and AGPS, because it doesn't need a view of the sky, will get a rough fix indoors - hence my comment about news/weather/google sky when indoors. I can live without it though until some other brave soul enables it and reports any impact on battery life.

R.

Guest Carbonize

AGPS is just used to try and speed up the initial lock time for your GPS and has nothing to do with actually saying what your location is.

Assisted GPS, generally abbreviated as A-GPS or aGPS, is a system which can, under certain conditions, improve the startup performance, or time-to-first-fix (TTFF) of a GPS satellite-based positioning system.

On the other hand Network Location works by asking the local cell tower what it's co-ordinates and range are to get a very rough idea of your location.

Edited by Carbonize

Guest sm4tik
Hello.

See two post above yours. I'm using the provided gps.conf and found myself on the map.