[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest zabtcent

I have upgraded to GEN2 without any problems and all is ok. Currently running SS RE4b. But during upgrade i partitioned my phone to 128mb layout. Is there a way to repartition it to standard partition sizes now?

Guest Blasphemous
The last 3 or 4 days my battery has just been going down from 90% to 20% in the space of 4 or 5 hours just from doing nothing!!

I tried rebooting several times and checked if there was anything out of the ordinary running in the background....no joy...

It's from cell-standby and phone-idle, didn't seem to get this with RLS2 or 3....i used to get the same cell standby battery eating problem in jelly fish roms before...

Cell Standby 34%

Phone idle 32%

Android OS 14%

Android system 8%

WiFi 4%

Display 2%

A few people have posted this as well, any thoughts...?

Before I chip in, I'm not an expert and using About Phone and the Battery % as an indication of 'battery drain' isn't giving you an indication of 'how much' drain has been placed on your battery, it is simply telling you what processes were using battery as a 'total' of 'all' processes.

However, 'Cell Standby 34%', may be a cause of your battery drain. It could be that the phone couldn't connect to the network and as such started 'searching' for a network signal for periods of time. If you're in an area where the network signal isn't very good and/or it is limited due to the building you're in etc then the phone tries to 'search' for a signal. So even when the phone is not being used, that 'searching' is using up battery life.

The way to check this is by tapping on:

Settings

About Phone

Battery use

Cell standby

Look at the line that says: Time without a signal. If that is a high percentage such as 50% or higher then there's a good bet that the phone is/was 'searching' for a signal for periods of time and that may well be causing your battery drain.

You could try leaving the phone in an area where the network signal can be picked up by the phone and thus avoid it going into the cycle of searching and see if that has any positive effect on battery life. Or, switch the phone into Airplane mode when you're in poor signal areas. Obviously you can't use the phone for calls, texts etc in Airplane mode but then, if there's no signal, you can't use the phone anyway.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Blasphemous

Guest sLiCeR.PT

Hello!

I noticed the camera can't autofocus. I search and found another user with the same problem but no solution.

I have the 5MP camera version and i'm currently using the RLS3.

Any workaround available ? Anyone knows if the RLS4 solves this ?

thanks!

Guest Luke_I

Hi all!

Now I have installed FLB 11b, does anybody know if, using ss4, the first login to the market has to be done by gprs or can be done by wifi?

Thanks

Luca

Guest AlphaVision

Cell standby

Look at the line that says: Time without a signal. If that is a high percentage such as 50% or higher then there's a good bet that the phone is/was 'searching' for a signal for periods of time and that may well be causing your battery drain.

Hope that helps.

Hi. I was recently thinking the same thing. Personally I have no issues with battery. I checked that percentage and it is 0% for time without a signal. However I think I am using a 2G network whick is strong and constant and not a 3G. So maybe that's why I don't have any issues. Maybe the network in UK is more complicated and has wider bands, more channels or something like that.

Guest jaapaurelio

hi,

I installed the rom but only now noticed that the contacts do not connect to Facebook.

I used flb froyo and the dialer was great.

i think i need to install the aosp_contacts but i dont know how :/

any help?

Guest crblues
Hello!

I noticed the camera can't autofocus. I search and found another user with the same problem but no solution.

thanks!

I have the 5 Mp camera too (Sapo A5) and I'm running the rls4b on gen 2. I don't have any problem with auto-focus. haven´t tried the Rls 3 though... I have no other problem for that matter, my battery lasts almost 2 days and I'm not a light user! But I've followed the guides others posted before complaining and cleared the Batt Cache and let the phone shutdown on it's own a couple of times, so that the rom could access the real charging capacity of the bat.

Very Happy user of Swedish Spring.

Guest AlphaVision
hi,

I installed the rom but only now noticed that the contacts do not connect to Facebook.

I used flb froyo and the dialer was great.

i think i need to install the aosp_contacts but i dont know how :/

any help?

Instructions are in first post. You will need to wipe and install again because AOSP should be installed without allowing the ZTE Dialer to sync from google

Guest Wes1180

I seem to be having a problem with this, on the android apps site it isn't listing my phone. "There are no Android devices associated with this account."

Any help would be much appreciated

Although all contacts and apps have synced.

Edited by Wes1180

Guest dadashi
The last 3 or 4 days my battery has just been going down from 90% to 20% in the space of 4 or 5 hours just from doing nothing!!

I tried rebooting several times and checked if there was anything out of the ordinary running in the background....no joy...

It's from cell-standby and phone-idle, didn't seem to get this with RLS2 or 3....i used to get the same cell standby battery eating problem in jelly fish roms before...

Cell Standby 34%

Phone idle 32%

Android OS 14%

Android system 8%

WiFi 4%

Display 2%

A few people have posted this as well, any thoughts...?

Thanks for the tips guys, funny enough yesterday and today the battery use is "normal" again. I can get through to nighttime without a charge.

I can't recreate the few days of immense battery consumption I had. I've done as recommended and I checked and rechecked for background programms that might be eating the battery.

With "normal" battery usage I'm still getting 35% Cell Standby and 33% idle same as before when I had the battery eat problem but it's ok now, I get through the day...

Under cell stanby there isn't any signal search time, only tells the on time, 7Hrs....

Under "Spare Parts" "Partial wake usage" "last unplugged", "mylock" auto unlock is completely blue with 7hrs run time...

"other usage" shows

Running 100%

Screen 6.8%

Phone On 0.2%

Wifi On 6.3%

Wifi running 3.7%

Guest jaapaurelio
Instructions are in first post. You will need to wipe and install again because AOSP should be installed without allowing the ZTE Dialer to sync from google

thanks, but I dont understand, I open the Swedish_Spring_RLS4b.zip and replace the content for Swedish_Spring_RLS4_aosp_contacts.zip files? after that a install normally?

btw, can a open de zip and remove radio and flashlight app? Or can I unistall after de rom instalation?

Guest Mikeandme
Hello!

thanks!

I only have the 3MP camera which does autofocus with SS RLS4, however I note that there is a setting in the camera app to enable or disable auto focus. Have you checked that?

Guest FrankyG

Does Google voice actions work? I can't get it to send text or emails, it recognizes the words spoken but just does a Google search in the browser. Other features like calling contacts or navigate to work fine. Anyone had success with SMS or email with this rom?

Guest tickles99

Long time reader, first time poster!.

First of all awesome work KK. Had this ROM for about a week and definitely the best one I've used of the 3 or 4 I've tried. I've only got a few issues which have started today.

1) Have no idea if this is related to the ROM but having touch screen issues. Sometimes it doesn't work at all and sometimes I'm pressing on the left and it picks up the touch on the right. Rebooting seems to work but only temporarily as 10 mins later it won't work again. I remember reading something in this thread but from memory it related to 3 not 4 and can't find it despite sifting through the 70 pages. Does any one have ideas or is it a hardware issue?

2) I keep getting a message that my phone is out of space. When I look at the apps it looks like email (I'm using hotmail and exchange) is 70 megs so I'm guessing that's what's causing hte problem. I've used the Move2SD enabler app to move as many apps as possible to the 16 gig sd card I've got but I can't move the email application. Why is this app taking up so much memory?

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

Guest sLiCeR.PT
I only have the 3MP camera which does autofocus with SS RLS4, however I note that there is a setting in the camera app to enable or disable auto focus. Have you checked that?

Yeah m8 i have. I'll upgrade the ROM to RLS4 and check to see if the problem remains.

Guest tutysara

Hi KK first of all thanks for your great work. I had upgraded to RLS4 today and it is nice.

I was using RLS2 before. I had also used some other ROMs before.

I remember there were some widgets in the second home screen (one which is got by swiping right) to switch on/off the various connections like wifi, bluetooth, gps, data etc. I am not sure whether it was in this ROM.

I was changing some settings and installed some applications and I noticed that these widgets are gone, might be i have accidentally deleted it. :) :)

Do we have those widgets in this rom and what is the method to bring it back ?

Edited by tutysara

Guest kamalaggi

Hi,

I just installed this rom from previously using JJ RLS9. I forgot to wipe. Everything works fine but when I press power button I only get option to Power Off Phone. I don't get option to Vibrate only, slient etc.

Can I fix this or is the only way to wipe.

Thanks

Edited by kamalaggi

Guest Toldo

Kallt_Kaffe, I was wondering if it's possible to tweak sounds a little? Maybe as RLS5. As we all know Blade is not very loud but I remember that on Finnish Fillyjonk it was a lot louder - I'm talking about the headphones sound and about the ringtone. The earpiece is quite good I think.

Guest tutysara
Kallt_Kaffe, I was wondering if it's possible to tweak sounds a little? Maybe as RLS5. As we all know Blade is not very loud but I remember that on Finnish Fillyjonk it was a lot louder - I'm talking about the headphones sound and about the ringtone. The earpiece is quite good I think.

Guys one more thing i noticed is that the voice quality of my ZTE blade is not as good as even classic Nokia phones.

It is picking up lot of background noise and it makes it difficult for the people on the other side to listen properly, this is worse when we are on speaker phone. Can we do some tweaks to reduce this picking up of background noise by applying some sort software filters or reducing the sensitivity of the microphone to noise?

Edited by tutysara

Guest bsglas

Have upgraded from modaco r4 - the ROM is excellent

I did have one major issue - no ringtone on incoming calls.

After some investigating I eventually found the cause of the problem ...

I do not like using the Slider to answer calls - I prefer to press a button

I had been using an App called Easy Answer Button -which worked fine on the Modaco r4 rom.

But this App seemed to be causing the problem of no ringtone for incoming calls. The phone worked fine when App was uninstalled

I have since tried another App - Advanced Telephone - which also had the same problem

I am now using a paid App - EZanswer (Good bye! Slider) - which does seem to be working correctly. There is a free trial on the market

I am unsure if this is a Froyo, a Rom or an App Issue

But hopefully this post will help anyone who may have similar ringtone issues

Guest andy9876

I have been trying unsuccessfully to use tethered WIFI with a password for a while now and I can't get it to work with the built in Android 2.2 software and Barnacle APP gives me errors. Can anyone help?

Guest Chris Banks

Hi, installed this ROM with Gingerbread Thin Circle theme and its working great.

Only thing I've noticed is that in the message app, the settings for choosing vibrate pattern, and choosing either white of black background have gone.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks

Guest Blasphemous
Under cell stanby there isn't any signal search time, only tells the on time, 7Hrs....
I didn't state that it shows you 'Signal Search Time'. It shows you 'Time without a signal'.

Tap on Cell Standby. A new screen will open up showing you:

The cell Standby %

Time On

and... Time without a signal %.

Edited by Blasphemous