[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Anttix

Just wanted to say thanks and highlight an issue I have.

So firstly, thank you for creating this ROM. I tried the Cyanogen one, but yours feels much snappier and much more solid. God knows how many hours you spent coding, but you have my thanks and respect. I've noticed the wifi reconnects quickly too, but...

The problem I'm having is that wifi only reconnects out of sleep if I remove the sim card. It was also an issue with CM7. The wifi will come on, the phone will scan and can see the networks, but it gets stuck scanning and doesn't reconnect. If I turn the wifi off then on again it connects straight away. I've tried two different sims and the same problem. I booted the phone without a sim and the problem disappeared.

I've hunted around for solutions, but I find myself going round in google circles, so do any of you good people have any suggestions to fix it?

Edited by Anttix

Guest redandr
Sorry, if this has been discussed/reported already, went back a couple of pages but could not find anything related to Wifi tethering.

On this ROM my WIFI Tethering seems hit and miss, of late it doesn't work at all.

There is no problem with USB thethering, And wifi tethering worked fine in FLB before.

Anyone with similar problem?

I'm running RLS3 for the moment and there was no problem with WIFI tethering last weekend I used it.

Guest bram.de.klerk

i tried a lot of roms and this is the best one. i installed rls4b ( and the circle battery update) and i overclocked to 710 mhz without any problem. the battery life seems to be very decent. and well, everything i tried just works without a problem. i'm gonna stick to this rom for a looooong time :)

big thanx to KK

edit: i just had a freeze while typing in a text essage. maybe 710mhz is too much. reverting to 614

Edited by bram.de.klerk

Guest Magnets

This wakelock (dialer?) issue seems very intermittent for me. If it occurs, I just reboot (maybe twice, usually once) and it sorts itself out. No more problems 'till I reboot again (maybe).

Guest sm4tik
edit: i just had a freeze while typing in a text essage. maybe 710mhz is too much. reverting to 614

I think you can go higher than 614 if you want. Running at 710mhz caused some freezes for me too but running at 690mhz (using ahb overclock too) has been a smooth ride here :)

Guest lost2

i flash the rom 3 times and now is very stable (i don;t know why the 2 first times crasses )

i can;t install vplayer i need him so i can stream from my satellite receiver (dm800) any advice how to install it??

ps another problem found , i try to buckup the rom but it stack on DroidSansFallBack .ttf ????? i zip delete that file ,root explorer. try to backup again and now stuck on VoiceSearch.apk ???

any one else have problems with backup??

i have clockwork 3.0.2.4

Edited by lost2

Guest Drakedian

It seems like this topic is more populated so i ask here.

I just flashed to GEN2, 136 sys partition, 2mb cache rest data.

I installed this rom, and now i cant download apps from market, it just starts,pauses, and then unsuccessful.

Any advice how to solve this is welcome.

I already reinstalled the rom, tried switching compcache on off, and still this happens.

As i see noone experienced this but i admit i only readed back like 10 pages.

Guest ricardopvz

I installed this rom, and now i cant download apps from market, it just starts,pauses, and then unsuccessful.

I already reinstalled the rom, tried switching compcache on off, and still this happens.

Where did you get those partition files?

I have a 128 partition with 2mb cache and the apps download correctly

Guest ricardopvz

I was wrong, i have 37.5mb cache so maybe that's your problem. Market can't download apps bigger that +/- 1.5mb because you only have 2mb chache.

Try downloading a small app (like this one: https://market.android.com/details?id=org.z...roid.speedtest) and see if it works.

Edited by ricardopvz

Guest Kalecgos
What are the known issues with this rom? Looking for a solid rom for my brother as he is new to Android. Just want reasonable battery life and minimum bugs!

Major issues with Exchange 2010 that have been mentioned by some users and no statement from KK so far.

Guest ricardopvz

For those who cannot install apps from the market, use my partition layout

gen2_136mb_system_no_oem_15mb_cache

---------------------------------------

/dev/block/mtdblock4 15.0M /cache

/dev/block/mtdblock5 136.0M /system

/dev/block/mtdblock6 289.88M /data

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?dl9wettauw6vk7h

Then in clockworkmod, wipe the cache partition.

Guest veehexx

i've just tried this rom, and i'm unable to sync with exchange (2010). apparently its unable to contact the server.

works fine via web URL, and using FLB 11b rom, just Swedish Spring RLS4 seems to have issues.

Edited by veehexx

Guest jman01
i've just tried this rom, and i'm unable to sync with exchange (2010). apparently its unable to contact the server.

works fine via web URL, and using FLB 11b rom, just Swedish Spring RLS4 seems to have issues.

Just keep trying. It works eventually. For whatever reason mine would not sync through wifi. I had to do it through 3G initially then seemed to work eventually after a few days of stop start performance. Seems ok now. Fingers crossed. Apart from that and the occasional losing data for no apparent reason (only way round this is to restart i think) this is the best ROM i have tried so far.

Guest andy9876
Sorry, if this has been discussed/reported already, went back a couple of pages but could not find anything related to Wifi tethering.

On this ROM my WIFI Tethering seems hit and miss, of late it doesn't work at all.

There is no problem with USB thethering, And wifi tethering worked fine in FLB before.

Anyone with similar problem?

I have the same problem. I can get wifi tethering to work unencrypted but not with encryption. Barnacle does not work nor does Wirless Tether. I'm pulling what hair I have left out. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

PS USB tethering works.

Guest bram.de.klerk

i find the default launcher a bit laggy so i unistalled it with root unistaller and installed launcher pro. looks better and is extremely fast (even with 3D app drawer on)

just a tip :)

Guest unrandomsam
hi,

I installed the rom but only now noticed that the contacts do not connect to Facebook.

I used flb froyo and the dialer was great.

i think i need to install the aosp_contacts but i dont know how :/

any help?

Go back into clockworkmod recovery (hold volume + down)

download the zips for aosp contacts and aosp dialer

install them (same way you did the rom)

Guest Toldo

I've noticed a strange thing today. I wanted to take a photo with Camera 360 and the screen in the viewer was black and white. I thought that it was something in the settings, but it's not. Stock camera acts the same - black & white viewer. Anyone has the same problem?