[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Len Ash
What themes are there for this ROM??

Can i just use JJ9 themes?

Read the post properly........ FW

Big dopey hint: Two posts before yours..... for example.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest kallt_kaffe
Looks good so far. Downloaded Dialer One to replace the ZTE dialer app.

Try "Youlu Address Book". I've used Dialer One before but Youlu is better IMHO.

Guest Baltar
Well, tried this rom for a while. All worked well and super smooth (specially the touch screen which seemed more responsive than ever). But, couldn't ever get a connection to my Wifi router (it can't detect my network, in fact, any network). This always worked with FLB10 and JJ9. Will wait for next versions tough... but of course, nice work K!

P.S. By the way: I've extracted com.modaco.reboot.apk from FLB then: adb remount adb push com.modaco.reboot.apk /system/app and it worked as a charm.

Weird, I tried that too, it installs, but when I try to use Reboot it stays forever in "Your device will reboot shortly, please wait!" I have to hit the Back key

Guest Poodha

So what's the verdict after 2 days. 2 questions.

1. What's the improvements on this ROM compared to JJ other than smartdialer? Is the batterylife as good?

2. Could somebody try the textfunction for me. Last time I used SS and wrote a text message in portraitmode with HTC_IME you couldn't scroll the textmessage you were responding too. Seems like the UI in the textmessage app is changed somewhat. The box you're writing in is for example bigger than regular. Anybody else that can't scroll in the background while writing qwerty in portraitmode?

Guest ronc2000

Sounds good. Thanks kk.

JJ9 was my first and so far the only rom I have used.

I have not tried any other rom but why should I?

The most important thing for a flashed rom is that everything works and works smoothly. JJ9 is that.

If SS2's advantage over JJ9 is "faster" and "longer battery life" then it is not big enough for me to switch over from JJ9.

I'll wait for may be SS4 or SS5 then I will definitly switch. Thanks kk.

Guest Rotmann
How do I disable the vibrate when pressing home, menu and back key?

Did you even try to find the setting? Settings - Sounds - disable.

Last time I used SS and wrote a text message in portraitmode with HTC_IME you couldn't scroll the textmessage you were responding too. Seems like the UI in the textmessage app is changed somewhat. The box you're writing in is for example bigger than regular. Anybody else that can't scroll in the background while writing qwerty in portraitmode?

You can change that in the HTC_IME settings (fullscreen portrait mode disabled).

Guest kallt_kaffe
Second request for kernel sources.
See first post. Basicly the official ZTE sources + some changes to make it work on the "old" blades. Also overclocking, Andorko's RDS patch, Compcache swap notify support and some experimental tweaks to the suspend code in the touchscreen driver (don't think it made a difference but it didn't seem to break anything).

Hej kallt_kaffe, I installed this "Swedish_Spring_RLS2.zip (for normal Clockwork install) (less than 128 system)". All went well but JoinMe software doesn't detect updated phone anymore in Win XP (XP does show Blade memory card in file explorer and it can be accessed though). Is there different version of JoinMe provided with the official 2.2 Blades than what comes with official 2.1 phones, if so where could that version be downloaded? Also I couldn't get usb tethering to work in Win XP using these instructions: http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/a...p;answer=182134 Should tethering work with those instructions with this ROM?

Guest targetbsp

I'm liking it! Wifi reconnection is very fast and so far 100% successful. Superuser has worked 100% successfully too unlike other Froyos. In fact it's making me wonder if I should try wiping my other Froyo backups to try and get Superuser working reliably? Though it seems kinda redundant as this one works so well!

Only question I have is regarding the sms app. I don;t think it's using this one? http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-fixed-sms-app/

So is there the chance of the wrong recipient bug rearing it;s head or is it using some other fixed sms app?

Thanks!

Guest Frankish
Thanks for the answer. Maybe I didn't make myself clear, I wasn't talking about vibrating in calls or sms.

Yes I already did that, but it keeps vibrating when I press the keys Home, Menu or Back. In JJ9 it always happened this way, I even think that it was a built-in thing that could not be disabled, but in FLB it didn't happen.

Any other idea?

He's right though. Bottom of settings, sounds. Disable haptic feedback. The option is there.

EDIT:

More themes!

I hope people are testing my themes as i still haven't had chance. Desire Slate and Sense uploaded now too. :D

http://www.mediafire.com/?uulvbr5c9gcdl

EDIT2:

More themes, all 3 variants of Blue Gingerbread, stock circle and thin circle.

http://www.mediafire.com/?uulvbr5c9gcdl

Edited by Frankish

Guest targetbsp
Wifi reconnection is very fast and so far 100% successful. Superuser has worked 100% successfully too unlike other Froyos. In fact it's making me wonder if I should try wiping my other Froyo backups to try and get Superuser working reliably? Though it seems kinda redundant as this one works so well!

I tried a wipe of my FLB 10 backup and superuser still kept hanging on so it's some bug in the rom which this doesn't have I guess. That makes this the best froyo for me!

Guest Baltar
Did you even try to find the setting? Settings - Sounds - disable.

Sorry, my mistake, as I said, I saw that menu, but since I had the phone in vibration mode, those options were shadowed. Once again thanks for the answer and sorry for my misunderstanding.

He's right though. Bottom of settings, sounds. Disable haptic feedback. The option is there.

Thanks for the tip and the themes :D

Guest Baltar

My 2 cents about this rom.

So far, great. I won't compare it to other roms. But of course, imho, each rom could learn something from others, after all the roms goal's all the same :D

Wi-fi and GPS working really fine; battery life's one the best I tried.

It's rare to use GPS, mostly for trying it when installing a new rom, it works fine with Navigation.

Wi-fi, especially at night, when in bed :( for reading/answering e-mails, using google reader, market update, facebook, twitter.

Calls and sms, nothing special to say, it just works. I use handcent and built-in dialer "Phone" with facebook contact sync. Also use swype, as I said before, I had a small glitch when installing it for the first time, it gave me an error and did an automatic restarts, in a second try, everything worked fine.

30h since my last full charge @21%

It's a great successor of JJ rom series :(

Thanks for the rom and keep up the good work KK

edit: "Dialer" gives me always a FC, although I only use "Phone"

Edited by Baltar