Advent Vega vs iPad

Guest newbe5

Guest newbe5

OK, well apologies to all those who wanted more vids, but today, I am returning the iPad...

It's a lovely LOOKING pieve of kit, but it really didn't so what I wanted. It was slow, didn't auto kill apps correctly and so I had to do it manually, the App Store is clunky and simply fails to work a lot, and the WiFi support is just crappy.

I tried, I really did!

newbe5

Guest zzleezz
OK, well apologies to all those who wanted more vids, but today, I am returning the iPad...

It's a lovely LOOKING pieve of kit, but it really didn't so what I wanted. It was slow, didn't auto kill apps correctly and so I had to do it manually, the App Store is clunky and simply fails to work a lot, and the WiFi support is just crappy.

I tried, I really did!

newbe5

:D

Just be thankful that boredom set in before you ran out of time to return it....

Guest bazanime

I tried, I really did!

newbe5

You may hold the guiness book record for the only person on the planet to return an ihumpad for good. Prepare for the looks of disdain and disgust from the "geniuses" and isheep inn the shop. Hell they might convince you on the iphad deaux. :D

Guest ian webster
You may hold the guiness book record for the only person on the planet to return an ihumpad for good. Prepare for the looks of disdain and disgust from the "geniuses" and isheep inn the shop. Hell they might convince you on the iphad deaux. :D

Fwiw I also returned a iPad just found it very frustrating in lots of ways.. pretty pretty but not much worthwhile going on beneath the makeup!

Guest newbe5
Fwiw I also returned a iPad just found it very frustrating in lots of ways.. pretty pretty but not much worthwhile going on beneath the makeup!

EXACTLY. Beautiful exterior, theres no denying that, but not a huge amount of substance beneath. In some ways it handled some things in ways I wish Android emulated, but in other ways it fell so short it made me reach for my Vega instinctively instead of the iPad.

The Vega isn't perfect. But at least it doesn't pretend to be.

newbe5

Guest zzleezz

Thought I would give multitask manager a go. Which one is it that you use? There are 2 on the market with the same name B) a link would be very nice :D

Guest CrArC
Thought I would give multitask manager a go. Which one is it that you use? There are 2 on the market with the same name B) a link would be very nice :D

I have that little tray thing pop up when I press the 'home' (power) key or home key on the touchscreen.

It's great for task switching, bit clunky and slow. But what's annoying is I can't figure out how to have, say, a quick press of the home button take me to the home screen (and another press power off), or a lengthy press open the multitask manager.

Guest newbe5
I have that little tray thing pop up when I press the 'home' (power) key or home key on the touchscreen.

It's great for task switching, bit clunky and slow. But what's annoying is I can't figure out how to have, say, a quick press of the home button take me to the home screen (and another press power off), or a lengthy press open the multitask manager.

You could try using "Button Saviour" and then re-map a button from there?