Gingerbread 2.3 on ZTE Blade/SF

Guest Turak64

Guest Turak64

Hi guys

What is the likelihood of Andriod 2.3 (Gingerbread) coming out for the ZTE Blade/SF? Or is it something that could never work on this phone?

P.S. I apologize if this has already been asked, but I couldn't see a topic on it.

Guest jeddy1
Hi guys

What is the likelihood of Andriod 2.3 (Gingerbread) coming out for the ZTE Blade/SF? Or is it something that could never work on this phone?

P.S. I apologize if this has already been asked, but I couldn't see a topic on it.

Well you should see/search before you ask

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Leif Porres
CM7 is an excellent ROM, and is continually improving.

Its a problem that the battery dont last for a days use! I miss the FM radio too.

Guest The Soup Thief
Its a problem that the battery dont last for a days use! I miss the FM radio too.

I've just got 3 days' moderate use on cm7 n39 using AutomateIt to switch off wifi and use 2g (rather than 3g) when the screen is off.

Same as the better froyos IMO

But yes, FM will be a welcome addition when it's added

Guest jenjenx
I've just got 3 days' moderate use on cm7 n39 using AutomateIt to switch off wifi and use 2g (rather than 3g) when the screen is off.

Same as the better froyos IMO

But yes, FM will be a welcome addition when it's added

3 days is great! What are you using to Automate 2g?

Edited by jenjenx

Guest targetbsp
Its a problem that the battery dont last for a days use!

You're either doing it wrong or have a very old version of CM7. :) The battery life is fine in it. :) Mine is on 50% after 2 days and I've even done a little gaming this charge.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Swimmerboy
You're either doing it wrong or have a very old version of CM7. :) The battery life is fine in it. :) Mine is on 50% after 2 days and I've even done a little gaming this charge.

Yup, with data off (but using 3g signals as I'm too lazy to change that) I've been off charge since 7am yesterday and sitll have 73% left. Minimal use though - dozen texts, some wifi browsing and about 5min of calls.

Guest The Soup Thief
3 days is great! What are you using to Automate 2g?

Sorry - I forgot - I'm only telling you half the story...

I do use AutomateIt to swtch off wifi during the hours I'm away from home and to turn off data on 3g when the screen's off, but I was unable to find any way to get it to actually switch to 2g from 3g (EDIT - initially I was trying to get it to trigger another app to switch 3g to 2g on screen sleep, but couldn't find an app to do this)

I searched the market for an app that would allow this, but other than Tasker I couldn't find anything suitable in the Market

However, there is such an app, which I've mentioned on here previously (probably others have too) - Toggle2G - apparently it was barred from Android Market but it's available via this link to xda developers - http://goo.gl/dIHxJ

It works a charm and has really improved my battery life. I have it set to switch to 2g when the phone sleeps, when wifi's enabled or when the battery is low

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest Pondlife
However, there is such an app, which I've mentioned on here previously (probably others have too) - Toggle2G - apparently it was barred from Android Market but it's available via this link to xda developers - http://goo.gl/dIHxJ

It works a charm and has really improved my battery life. I have it set to switch to 2g when the phone sleeps, when wifi's enabled or when the battery is low

Sounds very useful, wonder why it was barred though seems odd.

These dramatic battery lifes pretty much leaving my only reason for sticking with froyo as being unable to find a phonepad t9 keyboard for texting and gmail.

Am fairly sure I'm missing something obvious though as until I read this thread I didn't even realise I had a radio on phone, doh.

Guest glossywhite

I'm quite happy with Froyo, and I think there is VERY little benefit in upgrading to CM7, IMHO. What does it do that 2.2 doesn't? Seriously?

Guest N3M35I5

iv been on cm7 for a week now and my battery isnt very good at all. i play on my phone a fair bit but not gaming, i text, browse and watch some youtube videos and sometimes call people.

when im not using my phone i turn off data and wifi and only tuen them on when i need them but still my battery isnt much good, i can get around 5 - 6 hours out of a full charge.

im using cm7 stable

Guest targetbsp
I'm quite happy with Froyo, and I think there is VERY little benefit in upgrading to CM7, IMHO. What does it do that 2.2 doesn't? Seriously?

The main advantage imo is that it keeps the notification led lit when you've missed a call or text - even when the phone is asleep. I can't believe the stock phone doesn't do that - it's so useful. That's pretty much the only reason I kept going back to it over the various Froyos I kept trying out - even in the early days when it was buggy. Apps runs faster too obviously.

Guest Pondlife

Expect someone will point out that it can be done in ss, but first things that spring to mind I liked the lockscreen in CM7 and the extra buttons for the power bar widget thingy, options for changing the screen brightness and ring/vib/silent on there.

I liked the look of it generally too but found that I could get that using the same launcher on ss.

Memory of cm7 is getting hazy though spent most of the time I was using it trying to get the keyboard how I wanted it lol

Guest heavyduty00

best thing about cm7, you can make it like the iphone's lockscreen security where when you enter your numeric pin, you dont need to press 'ok' every time , cm7 does it automatically. Very useful.

Guest The Soup Thief
best thing about cm7, you can make it like the iphone's lockscreen security where when you enter your numeric pin, you dont need to press 'ok' every time , cm7 does it automatically. Very useful.

Not the best thing about CM7, but I do really like the lockscreen gestures and lockscreen widgets

The different profiles are cool too, but their implementation needs a bit more work

Guest shadowninty
Not the best thing about CM7, but I do really like the lockscreen gestures and lockscreen widgets

The different profiles are cool too, but their implementation needs a bit more work

the profiles addition is cool,but without connectivity, brightness, theming controls they feel under-utilised

Guest Maringer
iv been on cm7 for a week now and my battery isnt very good at all. i play on my phone a fair bit but not gaming, i text, browse and watch some youtube videos and sometimes call people.

when im not using my phone i turn off data and wifi and only tuen them on when i need them but still my battery isnt much good, i can get around 5 - 6 hours out of a full charge.

im using cm7 stable

Sounds like something is going wrong somewhere, then as my CM7 battery life is much better than this.

Battery drain was quite a bit more than my previous Froyo ROM but this problem has been resolved since I installed Toggle2G (see link a few posts above) and battery life is now on a par with Froyo. There is certainly something screwy about the was CM7 drains battery with 3G switched on.

Give Toggle2G a try and I think this should help you out a fair bit. I find that 3G is reactivated quite quickly once the screen is switched back on.

Sounds like something is going wrong somewhere, then as my CM7 battery life is much better than this.

Battery drain was quite a bit more than my previous Froyo ROM but this problem has been resolved since I installed Toggle2G (see link a few posts above) and battery life is now on a par with Froyo. There is certainly something screwy about the was CM7 drains battery with 3G switched on.

Give Toggle2G a try and I think this should help you out a fair bit. I find that 3G is reactivated quite quickly once the screen is switched back on.

i think this topic, the original, should be closed. the posts are well off topic