[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest jurrasstoil
My battery life is significantly better on N31 over N28. N28 was comedy battery drain - massive drops right before my eyes for no discernible reason - none of that on 31. N25 was a no-go for me (couldn't shake the black screen after calls, no matter what) so cannot compare, I'm afraid.

Here's a screen from my battery usage on n25+v6 kernel:

post-801981-1301250197_thumb.png

The big drops are youtube vids or angry birds.

Guest Nick Rhodes

Zeppelin,

As much as the issue tracker on google code is useful, its only for release candidates, not for nightly so can lead to red herrings and will not pick up issues like the recent Wifi issues.

You description of nightlys is not accurate totally. As well as including fixes, nightlys are also used for developing new features which may be unstable by nature - such as the recent WiFi changes.

Cheers, Nick.

Edited by Nick Rhodes

I guess it would be nice to remove gapps from instructions, as it is not needed anymore.

How do you work that out? Surely they are not included with CM now? Sure the gapps get restored when going from nightly to nightly but not for me who formats system each install and not for new users.

Google Apps will never ever never ever be included in CM7. Never.

Edit: Never ever never.

Edited by Quu

Guest JimJam707

I know it's always worked on 2.3 but that pic was designed to show of the GMail widget AND 2.3 Acceleration.

Fede just announced on the forums: 'I've just finished fixing the 3D drawer for Gingerbread, it will be included in next update. Also added a fix for the graphic performance under Gingerbread.'

and

Fede about the next update: the next release will improve Gingerbread performance (on par or a little better than Froyo performance), bring a new widget for Plus users (this new widget is giving me lots of headaches, that's why it's taking so long to release), and a couple extra little things.

From the Facebook page.

Edited by JimJam707

Guest Daimaah
Google Apps will never ever never ever be included in CM7. Never.

Edit: Never ever never.

Ever?

So far all my CM7 testing has pretty much been standby battery life, currently running N31... we'll see how it stacks up :D

Guest paulocostavct

hi guys I found something weird.

in settings > CyanogenMod settings > Interface > Render effect, I choose a render effect and if I do a reboot or I turn off the phone the render effect is off. It's a bug or is just me? I'm on n31 but I think this has never worked.

Check the changelog; Bump to RC3 :D

Please Mr build-bot

USB Tethering in RC3,

Oh, and thermal imaging camera :D

Edited by Guest

Guest dibbles
Please Mr build-bot

USB Tethering in RC3,

Oh, and thermal imaging camera :D

I'll be happy just to fix the phone shutting down and keeping off when my GPS has been finished with. I do not switch off the GPS but when it has stopped being used then the phone always switches off a few minutes later. If it wasn't for the small "vibrate" sound of it switching off, that I sometimes hear, I would forget about switching it back on until I needed it.

..oh and ok +1 for the thermal imaging camera :D

Guest Schwinni
I have just done a full format and wipe etc and installed build 31. Then I rebooted and connected to my WiFi. From there I launched the "Talk" application from within the app drawer and it asked me to sign in to my Google account, which I did. Then it asked me to select which Google apps I wanted to install. I selected the ones I wanted and it took me to the market to download the ones chosen.

Then you didn't do a full wipe. Market and Talk are definitely NOT included in the CM7 rom.

Just have a look inside the zip file. There's no Talk.apk and no Vending.apk.

Well, unless there's been commits along those lines, the RC3 will be what we have at the moment

So if we get RC3 its likely to be same as N31,unless there more changes between now and that time ?

I would love to have cm7 as daily rom,but cant use untill USB Tethering is working.

But for now,im happy with swedish spring r3,thanks to K.K and all his hard work :D

Guest Schwinni
So if we get RC3 its likely to be same as N31,unless there more changes between now and that time ?

Yes, if http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=blade really lists all changes, and between the tag "cm_blade_full-31.zip" and a future tag for RC3 there are no changes addressing the current bugs it will be the same as N31.

Edited by Schwinni

Guest Frankish
I have just done a full format and wipe etc and installed build 31. Then I rebooted and connected to my WiFi. From there I launched the "Talk" application from within the app drawer and it asked me to sign in to my Google account, which I did. Then it asked me to select which Google apps I wanted to install. I selected the ones I wanted and it took me to the market to download the ones chosen.

The cm7 update script backs up your gapps even if you wipe. Format storage first then no gapps.

Guest Blues003

This is probably the most important event since RC1. It's not about the new features. It's about the possibilities this RC will give us. The CM has come a long way and it is now time for us to report the bugs introduced in the newest nightlies.

Get your Logcats ready! It's time for some bug-fixin'!

Can anyone help me with the official twitter client? I havn't installed any gapps or linked it to a google account, and then when i try to install the apk which i downloaded of the net, it says "application not installed". The installation works fine once i have a google account linked to my phone and have market etc installed, but is there a work around if you dont want to have google apps/account on your cm7?

Guest samjam

N31 has rotten battery life (1 day) because of the WLAN-not-sleeping, but what makes it worse is that although my WLAN stays active it does not stay connected.

If I wake my phone, I can see WLAN is enabled - but grey, and no amount of waiting makes it go green - I have to disable and re-enable WLAN for it to go green.

So I waste the battery for no benefit! I'd rather WLAn disabled itself and the phone slept if it can't maintain a connection

Guest Scoopading
Market and Talk are definitely NOT included in the CM7 rom.

Just have a look inside the zip file. There's no Talk.apk and no Vending.apk.

You're right. It's just weird that the only two things CM keeps around (in any way you can notice after a new install) are Talk and the Car Home App. It doesn't expose the Market's vending.apk for me (even though that's included in GAPPS) until you sign into your Google account, where it then launches the app selection screen before finally taking you to the Market. So you're left to launch Talk, log on, then install that way. It'd be much more obvious for people to always click on the market and then have that prompt for the account login.

I hadn't really noticed this properly myself, because I usually always install the market with my own script (Hoping the Amazon App store takes off so I can ditch it entirely!) then install the Google (and other) apk's I use myself, to save time when reinstalling.

Edited by Scoopading

Guest Roo13
N31 has rotten battery life (1 day) because of the WLAN-not-sleeping, but what makes it worse is that although my WLAN stays active it does not stay connected.

If I wake my phone, I can see WLAN is enabled - but grey, and no amount of waiting makes it go green - I have to disable and re-enable WLAN for it to go green.

So I waste the battery for no benefit! I'd rather WLAn disabled itself and the phone slept if it can't maintain a connection

Hi,

Not the same behaviour for me: connection stays active, have you some other app managing wifi..?

I've few issues that seem to be common full wipe or not (i only did caches' wipe):

- Accelerometer reacts randomly

- Videorecorder gives few FCs

- CPU's governor (smartass or ondemand) gives frequencies jump that make the phone laggy at some moments

- Animation when pushing pwr button isn't working anymore (top major priority, i know...)

- Only SIP outgoing calls are possible when wifi is active (this one is really annoying, but i can't find out if it's a 2.3 or CM setting...?)

Edited by Roo13

Guest LordKickapoo

You got a rotten phone, because my phone with N31 works with wifi just fine.

Guest hedgepigdaniel
You got a rotten phone, because my phone with N31 works with wifi just fine.

Looks like there are quite a few people with rotten phones then...