[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest hedgepigdaniel
boot.img includes the kernel but also many startup scripts and other stuff. Replacing CM7 boot.img with the boot.img of some other ROM will very likely not work.

It may not, but many boot images from different ROMs have turned out to work with each other.

Guest Sere2001

hmm, don't think the 3g is responsible for the battery drain, as I had it on before gen2 and nightly 7.0.2 as well, without any negative effect

but let#s wait and see what happens with the next RC

regards

Guest sej7278

anyone tried nightly 59 yet - rommanager is showing it available if i check for updates but not in the list of downloadable nightlies, i tried downloading it but it was taking forever.

its listed here though: http://mirror.teamdouche.net/?device=blade

where do we go for a changelog of the nightlies? i did a repo sync and there seemed to be nothing new except some honeycomb sdk and qemu stuff.

i'm assuming this isn't a 7.1.0/2.3.4 pre-RC1 build, but maybe the build bot catching up?

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
anyone tried nightly 59 yet - rommanager is showing it available if i check for updates but not in the list of downloadable nightlies, i tried downloading it but it was taking forever.

where do we go for a changelog of the nightlies? i did a repo sync and there seemed to be nothing new except some honeycomb sdk and qemu stuff.

i'm assuming this isn't a 7.1.0/2.3.4 pre-RC1 build, but maybe the build bot catching up?

Interesting. Obviously got some stuff working, I'll take a peek.

Guest supermies123

Can anyone tell, is charging and GPS issues fixed in N59?

Edited by supermies123

Guest mELIANTE

N59 is 2.3.4, as stated in the build.prop.

Guest shastar

I just installed n59, notice that this version is 2.3.4....Hope the strange problem with bluetooth i had with stereo headset when screen turns black....i let you now later....

Guest k0zmic
Interesting. Obviously got some stuff working, I'll take a peek.

I'm most interested to check if battery drain remains.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest sm4tik

Ok, so I did a clean 7.0.2 install with a full wipe, installed gapps (+gmail) and only changed a few phone settings and the result.. no drain. I'll add things one at a time and see if something will start the drain again. So, atleast on my phone the draining is not happening on a clean install with only some settings set the way I prefer. I've also kept an eye on the battery voltage instead of percentage, and for instance I only lost a few mV over night, no percentage drop at all. I remember last time with CM (a few weeks back), updating maps caused some serious draining and I've read others report the same, so I'll keep it away for now. Maybe get an older more reliable version of it (brut?).

Guest k0zmic
Ok, so I did a clean 7.0.2 install with a full wipe, installed gapps (+gmail) and only changed a few phone settings and the result.. no drain. I'll add things one at a time and see if something will start the drain again. So, atleast on my phone the draining is not happening on a clean install with only some settings set the way I prefer. I've also kept an eye on the battery voltage instead of percentage, and for instance I only lost a few mV over night, no percentage drop at all. I remember last time with CM (a few weeks back), updating maps caused some serious draining and I've read others report the same, so I'll keep it away for now. Maybe get an older more reliable version of it (brut?).

Good idea. Personally, I found the drain started after installing Gapps (including Maps) and a few reboots. Going to try N59 and see if it still occurs. The background data disabling didn't work, through the night I left it off along with Google Backup but it managed to drain 30% and this was on airplane mode so I think we can rule out Wi-Fi, 3G etc.

Guest manji
Good idea. Personally, I found the drain started after installing Gapps (including Maps) and a few reboots. Going to try N59 and see if it still occurs. The background data disabling didn't work, through the night I left it off along with Google Backup but it managed to drain 30% and this was on airplane mode so I think we can rule out Wi-Fi, 3G etc.

The odd think is that the same gapps did not do this in 7.0.0stable. :mellow:

If indeed it is the gapps fault.

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
Those who are testing/have tested N59 know of the USB charging reboot issues and been fixed?

I didn't even have it with 7.0.2, it went away with the switch to Gen2 for me.

Guest Grain
Ok, so I did a clean 7.0.2 install with a full wipe, installed gapps (+gmail) and only changed a few phone settings and the result.. no drain.

Low drain (1% per hour) after a reboot was normal for me, also for older nightlies. The high drain issues seem to be connected with doing/accepting calls and using sensors. And of course the usual "it might be a badly written app" things, but that is no specific problem of CM.

I've also kept an eye on the battery voltage instead of percentage

This will probably not help much. Battery voltage is influenced by many factors, for example temperature. It cannot be used for deducing battery charge state in general.

Guest jeddy1

i have a question..! can we unzip N59 then remove/add few apps then zip it again ?will it work?just asking so i dont mess with that now.

Guest k0zmic
The odd think is that the same gapps did not do this in 7.0.0stable. :mellow:

If indeed it is the gapps fault.

I know I'm probably wrong, but I just can't think of much else it could be.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest ColdEmbrace
i have a question..! can we unzip N59 then remove/add few apps then zip it again ?will it work?just asking so i dont mess with that now.

Should be fine i think people where doing this after the original gen2 jump because some had too small memory sizes.

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4

Yes, no problem at all.

Guest Xenon0816

You don't even have to unzip it... You can just delete or add files from/to /system/app in 7zip or winrar...

Guest jeddy1
You don't even have to unzip it... You can just delete or add files from/to /system/app in 7zip or winrar...

thats even better:) thanks

Guest hugobosslives

dude read the previous 10 or so posts. people have mentioned n59 Is out already.....

EDIT: haha okay now I look stupid. as I didn't quote the guy above who sed "n59 is out!" and now he's changed this post to nothing.....

:mellow:

Edited by hugobosslives

Guest manji
I know I'm probably wrong, but I just can't think of much else it could be.

Well, I did not have batt issues with 7.0.0 stable, so I'll go back to that (and Gen1) after I try N59.