[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest alpsp

Daft question (my speciality) Have searched far and wide but can't find the right answer :)

I'm trying to install the libaudio.so patch (19) on N67 as I have speaker noise.

Patch downloaded, unzipped rom, found the old libaudio.so

Do I completely delete the old libaudio.so? I'm only asking because the old one is a Unix executable and the new one is just a text file.

Don't want to brick if I can help it :P

Blondes :unsure:

Guest targetbsp
Daft question (my speciality) Have searched far and wide but can't find the right answer :)

I'm trying to install the libaudio.so patch (19) on N67 as I have speaker noise.

Patch downloaded, unzipped rom, found the old libaudio.so

Do I completely delete the old libaudio.so? I'm only asking because the old one is a Unix executable and the new one is just a text file.

Don't want to brick if I can help it :P

Blondes :unsure:

Did you look at the first one in notepad and tell Windows to always use notepad for files with .so extensions? That would then give the new one a notepad icon but doesn't mean it is a text file. It's certainly not human readable to me!

Guest alpsp
Did you look at the first one in notepad and tell Windows to always use notepad for files with .so extensions? That would then give the new one a notepad icon but doesn't mean it is a text file. It's certainly not human readable to me!

No, I'm using a Mac, so nothing is how everyone else sees it!!! :unsure:

I just downloaded it then added it to the lib folder and it appeared as a document. I guess I can just delete the old one then and zip back up?

Edit: Worked a treat :)

Edited by alpsp

Guest Grain
It also uses a serious amount of battery in standby! 40% overnight. The dialler apparently spent 4 and a half hours using 'sensors'. I don't know if this is what you were all seeing before with the battery drain suspected to be linked to the audio hiss or not?

Audio hiss and drain because of that is unrelated to drain caused by the dialer in 2.3.4.

Guest fakemeupnow

Hi.

First I have to say I love this ROM!!!

But I have a small issue, after I reboot the phone, the first call I get comes up on the screen but I wont hear a ringtone. Next call it is just fine and will ring. Anyone experienced something similar? Tried several things but nothing seems to fix it.

My Rom:

N67 on Base Lutea

+ with wipe

Edited by fakemeupnow

Guest Celtic67
Hi.

First I have to say I love this ROM!!!

But I have a small issue, after I reboot the phone, the first call I get comes up on the screen but I wont hear a ringtone. Next call it is just fine and will ring. Anyone experienced something similar? Tried several things but nothing seems to fix it.

My Rom:

N67 on Base Lutea

+ with wipe

When I tested my ringtone after flashing N67 it was silent. I just assumed it was a problem with the midi file and switched to an MP3. The phone was rebooted last night so I tried again & it was silent for the first call. The 2nd call rang but used a ringtone completely different to the one I'd previously selected. Looking at settings showed me the ringtone was set to silent, the "current ringtone" section was missing.

I've just reset it to my original midi file & tested, with it ringing fine. Reboot, try again & it's silent. Try again & it rings with the correct ringtone. Check the settings and it shows it's set to "current ringtone" with the correct file.

Guest Celtic67
When I tested my ringtone after flashing N67 it was silent. I just assumed it was a problem with the midi file and switched to an MP3. The phone was rebooted last night so I tried again & it was silent for the first call. The 2nd call rang but used a ringtone completely different to the one I'd previously selected. Looking at settings showed me the ringtone was set to silent, the "current ringtone" section was missing.

I've just reset it to my original midi file & tested, with it ringing fine. Reboot, try again & it's silent. Try again & it rings with the correct ringtone. Check the settings and it shows it's set to "current ringtone" with the correct file.

It also seems to go straight to voicemail for a minute or 2 after a call, whether missed, taken or if I've dialled out.

Guest dexta211

Hi all, firstly my apologies if this has already been covered - but i'm unable to find a solution.

I've installed nightly 70, and its working great but i'm unable to find a version of HTC_IME that works with the rom, it installs and lets me enable & select it, but it doesn't bring the keyboard up.

I've installed quite a few versions so far, including a Gingerbread compatible version - all with the same results.

Many Thanks,

Dex

Guest Fou-lu

Anyone else getting bad internet performance on N67? Stable 7.0.3 was fine on loading site's like this:

http://www.multiupload.com/SZNU8LAZPT

but on N67, it's almost always "timed out" or server interrupted by host, on even opera and stock browser, can someone on 3G load that site properly? could be giffgaffs fault, but been getting 5000kps before switching roms, and download/streams flawlessly and very fast, no definitely not a speed problem.

EDIT:

Opera mini loads it fine, but stock browser always "timed out", mainly those upload sites.

Edited by Fou-lu

Guest targetbsp
Audio hiss and drain because of that is unrelated to drain caused by the dialer in 2.3.4.

OK... noob question alert... what's the last version to not have the dialler problem? I've been gen 1 until last night so whilst I;ve been vaguely tracking the various issues and their fixes I haven't paid attention to what versions they've occurred in. :unsure:

Guest drobson67

Hi,

Not sure whether this is the place to report bugs so I will appologise in advance, just installed N70 and the accelerometer is not working so have gone back to N64, hope this info helps.

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
Hi,

Not sure whether this is the place to report bugs so I will appologise in advance, just installed N70 and the accelerometer is not working so have gone back to N64, hope this info helps.

We know, the sensor libs have been taken out, to be replaced. Except it hasn't been replaced yet. Stick on what you were using until the time is right.

Guest Fou-lu

Anyone wishing to flash CM7 today, DO NOT install N68-70 as sensors are removed, wait on N71 or test N67 if you want working sensors.

Edited by Fou-lu

Guest Amphoras
Can explain why please?

I think none of the sensors work in N68-70 as the old one was removed but the new one hasn't been added yet. Obviously if you weren't bothered about that then you could still use them.

Guest targetbsp

I set up those settings, they are great! :unsure: I live in a sunny place, so I had some hard times with the previous ones... Maybe you should submit this to the issue tracker... http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/list

Those weren't my values. I think I got them from a post of Victor of 'creator of this thread' fame. And even then I think they may have come from someone else in an earlier thread. :)

Personally I just have mine set up with 3 levels!

Button backlight on and screen on minimum when it's dark.

Button backlight off and screen on minimum indoors with light.

Screen on max brightness when outdoors.

I don't have much use for anything in between. :P

Edited by targetbsp

I set up those settings, they are great! :unsure: I live in a sunny place, so I had some hard times with the previous ones... Maybe you should submit this to the issue tracker... http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/list

Those weren't my values. I think I got them from a post of Victor of 'creator of this thread' fame. And even then I think they may have come from someone else in an earlier thread. :)

Personally I just have mine set up with 3 levels!

Button backlight on and screen on minimum when it's dark.

Button backlight off and screen on minimum indoors with light.

Screen on max brightness when outdoors.

I don't have much use for anything in between. :P

Considering how smooth the settings are now (there was a recent patch that really smoothed out auto-backlight) you can have as few settings as you like. Those settings there are the Froyo rom's settings, but I tweaked them a bit to make lower and upper values lower and higher, respectively for more range.

And they can't really be submitted to the project, as the last time they were, backlight settings would crash constantly.

Also, it's quite funny to see those settings still brandied around. You would have though that image would have got lost 200-odd pages ago.

Sadly Tom Giordano has found a bug. The magnetic field is wrong. Thus we will have to wait for an updated patch.

Just a case of recalibrating i hope. We'll get it soon :unsure:

Guest samjam
Just a case of recalibrating i hope. We'll get it soon :unsure:

Or maybe reverse the polarity, or change the phase, or vary the modulation...

Guest lordofangels
Sadly Tom Giordano has found a bug. The magnetic field is wrong. Thus we will have to wait for an updated patch.

Tom has submitted a patch, just waiting for the patch to be merged, should fix the sensors and magnet stuff.

Next nightly hopefully.

Guest surfatwork
Wondering how one can test a Magnetic field :unsure:

Just using another phone that we hope is calibrated?

using a compass?

Guest Ron=)
Or maybe reverse the polarity, or change the phase, or vary the modulation...

No. It's just calibrating. It's been fixed and the third patch-set is now under review.

Guest saturnreturn

Before I report this as a bug, please can someone have a look at the logcat attached to see if they can see why the camera app is crashing when I try to take a picture? It seems that others aren't experiencing it, but I am even after a wipe.

camera2.txt