[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest fonix232

Okay, nightly72 fixed, and a fix for any nightly with the landscape bug:

http://www.wuala.com/fonix232/Blade/ROM/CyanogenMod/

@dadashi:

- Accelerometer fixed (check freaking first page...)

- Screen getting stuck - this fix will erm... actually, fix it :unsure:

- USB Charging was fixed LONG AGO

- Battery use problem was first noticed in the first release of 2.3.4, we will have to dig into it. No fix soon.

Guest stephen m

@dadashi:

- Screen getting stuck - this fix will erm... actually, fix it :)

- Battery use problem was first noticed in the first release of 2.3.4, we will have to dig into it. No fix soon.

What about the sensor issue :unsure:

Guest janen123

Nice job guys. I have screen rotation problem, even I have N72 :unsure:. I can live with it if i remove my SIM-card because I cant write unlock code with the card. I hope you will fix the issue soon!!

SRY about whining...

Guest fonix232
What about the sensor issue :unsure:

Check the part 'accelerometer'... that fixes all sensors. As it is merged into N72...

@janen123:

Check my fixed build, that will work!

Guest janen123
@janen123:

Erm... I just downloaded and installed fixed version. Thanks and someone could upload it to mirror page and update first post...

Guest stephen m
Check the part 'accelerometer'... that fixes all sensors. As it is merged into N72...

@janen123:

Thanks. Installing now - will report back !

Guest k0zmic

@dadashi:

The battery use problem is the one where it just doesn't sleep even if the screen is off?

Edited by k0zmic

Guest Zythus

Thanks buddy, after I saw N72 screen lock problem, I was like "omg, no, not next wipe pls", but I checked here, and installed that fix from u (200kb only yay!). Now its working great :unsure: Hell yeah.

Guest fonix232
The battery use problem is the one where it just doesn't sleep even if the screen is off?

Nope, it's a new bug, where the Dialer causes a lot of wakelocks, thus draining the battery.

Guest k0zmic
Nope, it's a new bug, where the Dialer causes a lot of wakelocks, thus draining the battery.

Thanks for the clarification.

Does the dialer just launch automatically and keep a wake-lock or does the user have to launch it first before it causes the battery drain?

Edited by k0zmic

Guest targetbsp

Comment 15 of bug 3175 suggests this has been the case long before 2.3.4. And I went back to 7.0.2 and the same problem is present there.

Guest dadashi

@dadashi:

Thanks, I did a cach and dalvik wipe from N67.... looks great

I tested the compass just to see any improvement over last nightlies and it's out by about 80 degress, south is pointing to east!!

Edited by dadashi

Guest tdodd
Does the dialer just launch automatically and keep a wake-lock or does the user have to launch it first before it causes the battery drain?

It's 3.5 hours since I made and received my test calls and the dialer battery usage is staying resolutely at 4 CPU seconds and 28 seconds of "stay awake". It does not appear to be chomping through battery secretly in the background. My total battery level has not shifted from 93% since the test calls. There does not appear to be any greedy process on my N67 phone.

Guest k0zmic
It's 3.5 hours since I made and received my test calls and the dialer battery usage is staying resolutely at 4 CPU seconds and 28 seconds of "stay awake". It does not appear to be chomping through battery secretly in the background. My total battery level has not shifted from 93% since the test calls. There does not appear to be any greedy process on my N67 phone.

Thanks for the reply. On N67 the battery use was fine but after a few reboots 'Android System' would just stay awake 100% of the time but I couldn't figure out what it was since the wake locks under spare parts seemed very normal. I'll give N72 a go and see how it fares.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest Flumpster
EDIT : I've made an outbound call from my mobile to the house phone. No problems there. When I tried calling my mobile from the house phone I saw my contact details appear but there was no audible ring. I hung up and rung a second time and this time the phone rang correctly. I've noticed recently that I keep getting a missed call indicator, followed a couple of minutes later by a phone call from the same number. It seems like the phone is not ringing audibly on the first call received following some event - a reboot perhaps, or a charging event, or an elapsed period of time, or something, but this has happened three times in the last few days - an inaudible missed call followed by an audible call which I am able to answer. Is this a new bug?

I've had this happen as well.. Phone on the desk in front of me me and the contact appears with no ringtone. Luckily I saw it to answer it but as soon as the call was over I checked the volumes and they were all at max. Next phone call came in as normal but this has happened a few times so you are not alone.

Guest bala6120

@dadashi:

- Screen getting stuck - this fix will erm... actually, fix it :)

Köszi! :unsure:

Guest tomasvilda
Thanks, I did a cach and dalvik wipe from N67.... looks great

I tested the compass just to see any improvement over last nightlies and it's out by about 80 degress, south is pointing to east!!

I just tested compass and it's showing exactly as analog one.

N72 with "slide patch revert"

Edited by tomasvilda

Guest shad0wboss

I have a question,

if the new versions of nightly have a new kernel but since i'm on gen1 so i'll be using a converter which changes the kernel basically, so would i still be on the older kernel even though the new nightly would provide .35?

Guest daizoe

Hi! After I upgraded to CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.4) it doesnt seem like I can find my phone on my computer. When I put cable in windows fails to install: Marvell 91xx Config ATA Device

and Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller

Kinda annoying when I cant transfer movies/music into the phone..

I Got windows 7.

Need help!

Guest dadashi
Hi! After I upgraded to CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.4) it doesnt seem like I can find my phone on my computer. When I put cable in windows fails to install: Marvell 91xx Config ATA Device

I Got windows 7.

Need help!

reboot the phone then you can connect to windows...happens sometimes...

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
I have a question,

if the new versions of nightly have a new kernel but since i'm on gen1 so i'll be using a converter which changes the kernel basically, so would i still be on the older kernel even though the new nightly would provide .35?

Nope, No new Kernel. BUT, you really should upgrade to Gen 2 anyway just out of principal.

Guest stephen m

I Got windows 7.

Need help!

Look in the column to the left under the heading Organize and removeable drive

Guest stephen m
Rebooted tons of times. What do you mean Stehpen?

Click start then computer - then as I stated in my previous post !