[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest andyr99
Eh? What am I going to look at? :unsure: Not like that helps my problem? :)

Have you tapped the "USB connected" pulldown notification on the phone and turned on USB storage?

Guest champrock

I am sort of glad to hear that someone else is also facing the same problem. Battery drains by 30% overnight with no usage.

Seen this for two nights :unsure:

Guest Fou-lu
I am sort of glad to hear that someone else is also facing the same problem. Battery drains by 30% overnight with no usage.

Seen this for two nights :unsure:

uhm, that's not normal, are using kk converter? full wipe? or it's being triggered by something, did you have a call just before you went to sleep?

Guest champrock

I dont know whats a KK converter. I installed via the TPT method mentioned in this forum.

Yes, I had call about one hour before I went to sleep. Does it affect anything?

Guest Fou-lu
I dont know whats a KK converter. I installed via the TPT method mentioned in this forum.

Yes, I had call about one hour before I went to sleep. Does it affect anything?

what nightly?

probaly is connected to calls, others reported the same thing.

if i don't make any calls, my phone can stay on standby for days and use a couple of percent battery, but as soon as i use dialler it starts chomping its way through my battery until i reboot.
Edited by Fou-lu

Guest champrock
what nightly?

probaly is connected to calls, others reported the same thing.

I am on nightly 69.

Edited by champrock

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
:unsure:

Were you using Windows 7 Beta? I haven't seen the give feedback button for almost 2 years :)

Guest Psyloid

Hey i just installed cyanogen, how do i configure the autobrightness in CM7 setting for it to work optimally?

If someone can share his/her settings that would be awesome :unsure:

Guest Superfuzz
EDIT : I've made an outbound call from my mobile to the house phone. No problems there. When I tried calling my mobile from the house phone I saw my contact details appear but there was no audible ring. I hung up and rung a second time and this time the phone rang correctly. I've noticed recently that I keep getting a missed call indicator, followed a couple of minutes later by a phone call from the same number. It seems like the phone is not ringing audibly on the first call received following some event - a reboot perhaps, or a charging event, or an elapsed period of time, or something, but this has happened three times in the last few days - an inaudible missed call followed by an audible call which I am able to answer. Is this a new bug?

Ι also had a call without the phone ringing.

Guest targetbsp
[edit2]

I wonder if you could work around this with a tasker script to kill and then relaunch the dialler on phone idle event. All I actually use Tasker for is working around CM7 bugs. It's been incredibly handy for that lol. I'll play later and report back.

Didn't work. :unsure: I can't find anything faster than a hot reboot that stops dialer using the sensor!

Guest k0zmic
Hey i just installed cyanogen, how do i configure the autobrightness in CM7 setting for it to work optimally?

I think there were some settings on Page 161 or 160 of this thread.

Guest Fou-lu

CM Settings -> Display -> Auto Backlight -> edit other levels

Make them look like this: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=71188

Oh and set buttons to 255 on the top couple and 0 on the rest. That will turn on the keypad backlight when it's dark

Edited by Fou-lu

Guest Psyloid

Hmm did that, now when i turn on auto brightness, the keypad lights up in the dark, but screen brightness level stays the same at all times

should i use light sensor filter and/or allow light decrease and screen dim level is set on default ....

Guest stevenf1964
installed n72 and now mine phone stays on side view even when up right?

read previous posts - latest one was post 3390 further up this page - you need the fixed n72 file

Edited by stevenf1964

Guest -MackaN

Do i need to wipe betwen N64 and N72? Also, about N72, do i flash the fixed N72 and its done, or do i need to flash the fix to?

Edited by -MackaN

Guest Fou-lu
Do i need to wipe betwen N64 and N72? Also, about N72, do i flash the fixed N72 and its done, or do i need to flash the fix to?

wipe dalvik and cache, then install N72 fixed, no need to flash the separate fix it's for people who already flashed the broken roms.

Edited by Fou-lu

Guest shad0wboss
Nope, No new Kernel. BUT, you really should upgrade to Gen 2 anyway just out of principal.

yea but about my question...if i keep using CM7 converter, even though the kernel updates in upcomming Nightlys and when i use converter, do i stay on gen1 .32 kernel???

Guest targetbsp
yea but about my question...if i keep using CM7 converter, even though the kernel updates in upcomming Nightlys and when i use converter, do i stay on gen1 .32 kernel???

It all depends on how up to date the converter is kept. You probably want to be asking in that thread rather than this. :unsure: If it's updated with a new kernel then you'll get that kernel if not then you won't.

Edited by targetbsp