[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Okay, proximity sensor during call is not fix... But... I found a way to make it work, depend of point of view...

It's should work like that:

-during call, put the phone near your face, the screen turn Off

-put the phone away from your face, the screen turn On

-put again near your face, it'll turn Off again, etc...

(try with finger anyway)

But with n73,74 and even with n78, the proximity sensor working only once time.

-I put the phone near my face, the screen turn Off

-I put the phone away from my face, the screen turn On

-I put the phone near my face again, the screen still On ...

So here's what I do:

bladeposition.th.jpg

Just move the phone in this way during call and the proximity sensor's working again... So, guys who know more than me about CM7 have any idea of the problem ?

Okay, proximity sensor during call is not fix...

Not the proximity sensor problem still,will it ever go away :P

Edited by Guest

Guest Grain
Okay, proximity sensor during call is not fix... But... I found a way to make it work, depend of point of view...

Have you read the wiki page? Disable auto brightness.

Just for the record, this proximity-related issue is something completely different from the "screen does not turn on after call" issue that plagued the first CM7 builds for the Blade.

Guest ColdEmbrace
Not the proximity sensor problem still,will it ever go away :P

Is it bad of me to say i've never had an issue with it

Just move the phone in this way during call and the proximity sensor's working again... So, guys who know more than me about CM7 have any idea of the problem ?

Nice one!

Looks like shaking the phone solves the issue, but why? Could it be that this functionality is linked to the accelerometer?

As if the feature was a combination of the proximity sensor being triggered and the phone being moved (towards the ear)?

Although this doesn't explain why only the screen doesn't react (the touchscreen does).

Well, weird bug anyway! :P

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Just for the record, this proximity-related issue is something completely different from the "screen does not turn on after call" issue that plagued the first CM7 builds for the Blade.

I've read again and again, my auto-brightness is disabled but the bug still here. And you know what ? My trick working EVEN with auto-brightness On. :P

So for those who have this problem (sensor doesn't turn the screen Off the second time during call) just try to move the phone like on the pic I've posted above and see if the screen turn Off again. It's working for me even with auto-brightness On.

Nice one!

Looks like shaking the phone solves the issue, but why? Could it be that this functionality is linked to the accelerometer?

As if the feature was a combination of the proximity sensor being triggered and the phone being moved (towards the ear)?

Although this doesn't explain why only the screen doesn't react (the touchscreen does).

Well, weird bug anyway! <_<

Yes indeed. This working only in the way I've posted above. I've tried in all others way (landscape position for example) the only one working is the crouch method. :rolleyes:

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

Not in this case: this tip no longer works (since n74 iirc).

Well, at least for some of us, including myself...

Actually I saw this since I applied the modded n72, but probably this doesn't count as it wasn't an official cm build.

Edit: not quick enough :P

Edited by Guest

Guest leetron1

Proximity issue remains for me..even with auto brightness off, using N78...not really a biggie but a fix would be most welcome

Guest targetbsp
Not the proximity sensor problem still,will it ever go away :rolleyes:

It's a different proximity issue these days. Pretty much the exact opposite of THE proximity issue. :P For me, turning off auto-brightness fixes it.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest JolyonS

Just had my first ever possibly-GPS-related reboot.

OSF Grey OLED on CM7 nightly 74 using GO Launcher Ex.

Opened My Tracks for the first time and the phone rebooted right after I hit okay on the initial 'about' screen.

Was USB connected and charging at the time, GPS and 3G were already on, WiFi was off.

Up to now I've never seen this even as a regular Maps user.

Guest Coxeroni
where to finde gapps for n78? I install gapps-gb-20110307 but they not show i manu

Your system partition might be too small. Had the same issue, TPTing wbaw's v5 image solved it. There, system partition is enlarged.

Guest lesa0208

i install n77 and my phone freeze then i go in settings, and i got first reboot when i try to turn on wifi Oo

Edited by lesa0208

Guest sej7278
Your system partition might be too small. Had the same issue, TPTing wbaw's v5 image solved it. There, system partition is enlarged.

can you TPT more than once?

edit: to answer my own question, apparently yes you can.

although system has always been 136mb on all of wbaw/curl66's TPT's (cache/data changed a bit) so not sure how v5 will help - or do you mean its larger than stock?

Edited by sej7278

Guest Fou-lu
Just had my first ever possibly-GPS-related reboot.

OSF Grey OLED on CM7 nightly 74 using GO Launcher Ex.

Opened My Tracks for the first time and the phone rebooted right after I hit okay on the initial 'about' screen.

Was USB connected and charging at the time, GPS and 3G were already on, WiFi was off.

Up to now I've never seen this even as a regular Maps user.

did it reboot again?

i only got one reboot when first ever used GPS in a fresh nightly, on "speedtest" app, after that i try again and it don't reboot, also used maps to search my area for fun (yeah lame, i know), no reboot also.

fixed on my white TFT it seems.

Guest Grain

The accelerometer is used in calls to disable proximity in case the phone lies on the table for example (unless "Always use proximity" is selected).

Guest Oyorf

I also have proximity bug, but I can get screen on by pressing back button. With short calls proximity is ok, but after longer calls screen won't wake unless I press back button or other person hang up.

Guest JolyonS
did it reboot again?

i only got one reboot when first ever used GPS in a fresh nightly, on "speedtest" app, after that i try again and it don't reboot, also used maps to search my area for fun (yeah lame, i know), no reboot also.

That was my one and only reboot so far and I've used half a dozen different nightlies from the very earliest up to 74.

Guest roman69
I also have proximity bug, but I can get screen on by pressing back button. With short calls proximity is ok, but after longer calls screen won't wake unless I press back button or other person hang up.

It looks like there is a screen timeout activated (although it souldnt be). If the screen is not touched for a specifie period (as you set it in settings), the phone thinks there is no activity and turns the screen off. The same happend to me also while playing NFS where you tilt phone to steer so no screen touch. Anyway it souldnt behave like this, so it is a bug probably, but not proximity sensor one.

There's a setting in Settings > Call settings, called "Keep screen active" (raw translation), that forces the screen to stay active longer while calling (independent from the proximity sensor thing).

However, for very long calls you will still have to push the power button to switch the screen back on.

The accelerometer is used in calls to disable proximity in case the phone lies on the table for example (unless "Always use proximity" is selected).

Good to know, thanks again to share your knowledge, Grain <_<

This also explains why the "just shake it" tip only works when "Force proximity sensor" is unchecked in the call settings :rolleyes:

Am I outrageously optimistic or, with this setting correctly set (to off), there's no longer any issues with the screen while calling?? :(

Well, that is, apart from the screen automatically disabling itself after a while (the power button has to be pushed to wake the screen after long calls), but this is far less annoying...

Just wondering why I ticked this "Force proximity sensor" checkbox in the first place... :P

Edited by Guest

Guest _amano

It seems that the fix to "Disable the light sensor if not used" was merged again.

Thus tomorrow N79 will be back to the state of N72 and should improve the "proximity relates to auto brightness" problems we currently had.

Edited by _amano

Guest mELIANTE

Anyone having issues receiving MMS? I already reconfigured the AP and still gives, loosely translated, "mms download failed" error :P

Edited by mELIANTE