[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Maybe a stupid question (surely I think). There's any way to put the new sensors lib from n72 to n70 nightly without broking it ?

I've tried to replace the sensors.default.so in n70 by those from n72 (by renaming sensors.blade.so) but the phone is just loop on boot. I think there's more change to do, but really don't know how...

Also, the proximity sensor bug is maybe due to the new sensors lib right ?

Thanks.

Guest _amano

Can some more people test the internal SIP app with the fixed libaudio.so and comment on their findings on the bug? We have some people who report that working (haferflake and others) and Tom_G stating that it was broken.

(please just test the builtin SIP app, whether it routes to the loudspeaker or to the earspeaker; other apps are already known to be broken).

Edited by _amano

Guest Len Ash
I want to try the patched libaudio file, do I place it into the "\system\lib" folder before I flash the zip in clockwork?

via CWM

CM7 libaudio

or push via adb to /system/lib

or replace existing one in /system/lib in ROM and flash whole thing (no need to wipe if currently CM7)

Edited by Len Ash

Guest psidoc

Just a small note: Had to wipe the Dalvik cache when adding the new libaudio.so via clockwork.

Testing on Nightly 73. Here's hoping.

Psi

Guest champrock

Can anyone guide me how to replace this audio file without having to flash again? Can i just copy via "Filer" app while the phone is running? Also, please tell me what permissions need to be changed?

Also,I dont know what is SIP. Will my skype work if I use external earphones or would it still redirect to the speakerphone?

Guest targetbsp
Can anyone guide me how to replace this audio file without having to flash again? Can i just copy via "Filer" app while the phone is running? Also, please tell me what permissions need to be changed?

Also,I dont know what is SIP. Will my skype work if I use external earphones or would it still redirect to the speakerphone?

Filer won't do it. You'd need a file manager that supports root. The permissions want set the same as the file you're replacing so check them before copying over it. From memory it's RW,R,R but double check.

You'd be better off with the CWM version LanceH made on the previous page. You'd just flash that in clockwork like any rom addon. Or, if you've never flashed a rom addon then basically it's the same as doing a rom but don't wipe.

Guest sej7278

i think we've already covered this somewhere about 40-odd pages back lol:

adb start-server

adb remount

adb push libaudio.so /system/lib/

adb chmod 644 /system/lib/libaudio.so

adb reboot

adb kill-server

i wish tom-g would just let this get merged, ok so it may break voip via the headset but frankly who uses that, there certainly a lot more of us who use a battery :P

Guest Bazd123

Been using N81 and no problems regarding GPS restarts or sensor issues. The only problem I have had is that the battery life is pretty crap, not even lasting a day with very minor usage. If I have the 3G on, the battery will drain in about an hour.

Guest sej7278
Been using N81 and no problems regarding GPS restarts or sensor issues. The only problem I have had is that the battery life is pretty crap, not even lasting a day with very minor usage. If I have the 3G on, the battery will drain in about an hour.

that sounds like some sort of hardware problem - how old is your battery? is it actually charging to 100%? have you tried recalibrating it? nobody has reported drain that bad.

when you say you have 3g on do you mean you're streaming video from netflix in hd or something lol!

Guest KACE_231
i think we've already covered this somewhere about 40-odd pages back lol:

adb start-server

adb remount

adb push libaudio.so /system/lib/

adb chmod 644 /system/lib/libaudio.so

adb reboot

adb kill-server

i wish tom-g would just let this get merged, ok so it may break voip via the headset but frankly who uses that, there certainly a lot more of us who use a battery :P

Can someone please explain to me what this actually breaks, what is VOIP and SIP routing?

Guest sej7278
Can someone please explain to me what this actually breaks, what is VOIP and SIP routing?

if you don't know, you probably don't need to care.

but anyway voip/sip simply put is apps like skype or google voice that route calls over the internet.

the libaudio.so patch plays the sound through the speaker instead of the headphone jack.

Guest dadashi

something is causing battery drain, have you checked for speaker hiss...?

Guest ValiantSaint

I'm currently using the latest SS ROM (Gen 1 phone) What's the easiest way of getting from SS to the latest 2.3 ROM? (Oh should I just wait? As I'm not going to be using the phone until the middle of next month, as my Vodafone contract isn't finished yet.......) Thanks : )

Guest Bazd123
something is causing battery drain, have you checked for speaker hiss...?

Speakers are a bit hissy and I didn't have this drain on any previous nightly roms I've used.

Guest Fou-lu
Speakers are a bit hissy and I didn't have this drain on any previous nightly roms I've used.

Made any calls? press volume keys after a call to fix this, reboot now to make it go away.

Guest stedk

N81 on a 3G only provider. I can confirm heavy battery drain. Left the phone fully charged yesterday evening and by morning I had 53% left (no calls, no usage whatsoever).

Guest targetbsp
Made any calls? press volume keys after a call to fix this, reboot now to make it go away.

Or use the fix discussed over the past few pages. (unless you need voip over a headset)

Guest stephen m

Been using N73 and (as discussed) seems the most stable so far. That said, my phone occassionally freezes and reboots. Anyone experiencing the same, and/or know a way to resolve this :rolleyes: :P

Guest k0zmic
Been using N73 and (as discussed) seems the most stable so far. That said, my phone occassionally freezes and reboots. Anyone experiencing the same, and/or know a way to resolve this :rolleyes: :P

Nope, maybe you have an app misbehaving?

Guest targetbsp

overclocking too much?

Guest stephen m
overclocking too much?

Just checked - currently running at 320MHz (Min) and 768MHz (Max) - too high ! If so what would you suggest

Guest k0zmic
So how can I tell which app is misbehaving !

Think about when it freezes and reboots. Is it say, a few minutes after opening certain apps?