[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
I do hope they stop messing with the "boobies" wallpapers and get another nightly out tonight lol

I love opera, letting me post just a quote.

As I was saying. I totally agree with you, Boobies couldn't matter less right now. I never thought I'd say that. Moar Nightly!

Edited by Victor von Zeppelin

Guest JobSup

Nice new look, good work with the first post. But to be honest, it would be OK for a web site but not as a forum thread. It requires a huge desktop to read and many clicks to find the right information in the 'tabs', almost impossible to read on any mobile.

I like the 1st post from the old thread more, all information on one page without any clicks.

Thanks anyway keeping all this together here!

Guest frenchdroid
Nice new look, good work with the first post. But to be honest, it would be OK for a web site but not as a forum thread. It requires a huge desktop to read and many clicks to find the right information in the 'tabs', almost impossible to read on any mobile.

I like the 1st post from the old thread more, all information on one page without any clicks.

+1

Its a very nice idea and I understand the need to automate but even on a netbook, the main information is squeezed into two narrow columns. I would have thought the old style, all relevant info in one place with a link to the change viewer would be fine, or perhaps the change viewer below the other info so at least you get the full width of the screen for each section.

I'll shut up now ...... :D

Guest hedgepigdaniel
The project for the blade stopped? Stopped at nightly 28 and other smartphones already going on n30.

a slight overreaction? theres been activity on the Blade github since the last build, even though it is crushing to have to go for 3 days without a new build...

Guest gusthy
The project for the blade stopped? Stopped at nightly 28 and other smartphones already going on n30.

Formally speaking, this question is violation of Rule no. 1. of CM :D

Guest ppa123
Phew! I thought the last thread had died, and i wasn't going to get my usual stream of info on updates and issues. Good to see a new thread, and to see the evolution of it too. Victor, you're a credit to this forum indeed. Right, roll on the next Nightly :D

+1

Guest The Soup Thief
Bah!! Stoopid IT Security rules at work stop me from seeing the first post (Banned category 'Online Storage').

I feel your pain...

Websense Enterprise?

EDIT - btw, this is what skyfire was invented for... lays the post out a bit more clearly than does Opera

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest jurrasstoil

Haven't done enough tests yet, but is it possible that the smartass governor gives some trouble when charging?

My blade runs at 672mhz and is stable. I've been using ondemand until 2 or 3 days ago and switched over to smartass.

Now, if i connect my phone to the charger and it goes to sleep (on AC it never fully does ofc) and i push one of the buttons (menu, back, home or power) to wake it or disconnect it from the AC (it would wake up then) the screen will stay black and the hardware buttons will light up. Now i'll have to press the power button for like 2-3s and it will boot as if it was turned off.

If i switch back to the ondemand governor the phone doesn't do this.

running n25+bl1nk's v6 kernel.

Guest forney27
Haven't done enough tests yet, but is it possible that the smartass governor gives some trouble when charging?

My blade runs at 672mhz and is stable. I've been using ondemand until 2 or 3 days ago and switched over to smartass.

Now, if i connect my phone to the charger and it goes to sleep (on AC it never fully does ofc) and i push one of the buttons (menu, back, home or power) to wake it or disconnect it from the AC (it would wake up then) the screen will stay black and the hardware buttons will light up. Now i'll have to press the power button for like 2-3s and it will boot as if it was turned off.

If i switch back to the ondemand governor the phone doesn't do this.

running n25+bl1nk's v6 kernel.

I had quite a few problems with smartass, my phone would go to sleep too and the lights would stay on. The only thing I could do to revive mine was to remove the battery. But since moving to ondemand, I havent had any major problems except the ocassional lag (which I can live with)

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Not a "huge" desktop, I tested at 1280x800 (small when you're used to 1080p :( ) when I was designing it, and it worked ok there. Also, I won't bother with making it look good on mobile, Ill just put some direct links in. It looks so wrong anyway, I don't think I know how to fix it. Thing is...if you're on the phone, most likely you'd use ROM manager to get the rom, and if you need the ROM that much there and then, taking a quick peek over at the full site is much easier. But again, I shall include links. :D

+1

Its a very nice idea and I understand the need to automate but even on a netbook, the main information is squeezed into two narrow columns. I would have thought the old style, all relevant info in one place with a link to the change viewer would be fine, or perhaps the change viewer below the other info so at least you get the full width of the screen for each section.

I'll shut up now ...... :D

Aye, yes. Woops. I kinda didn't think about 1024x600 when making it. Gonna get me some javascript, and make it so the left panel can fill the whole space. The information in the right panel isn't quite as important, I feel. Especially if you've done it all before. So yes. I'll make a bug tracker doodad, and make it more accessible for smaller screens.

Edited by Victor von Zeppelin

Guest jayhix

I hate netbooks, haha.

anyways i have a question, anyone using swype with this new fan-dangled gingerbread ma-jiggy? because its got this new cursor to help you locate your finger between letters, which i must say is a nice addition, however its annoying because i cannot double tap a word anymore to get the list of suggested spellings in swype... is there a work-around for this?

Guest worto03

Hi All,

OK - I've finally settled on this ROM after reading through some massive threads in the last 2 days! I have the advent vega with pauls r8 on it so know a bit about what I'm doing but so far I've not had to use the ClockworkMod so I could do with a little help please.

Do I use the fastboot method or the Recovery Manager method? which is easiest for a noobie?

Is 3.0.1.4 the best\newest version to install?

Whats the difference between the recovery-clockwork-3.0.1.4-blade.img file and the recovery-clockwork-3.0.1.4-blade-update_signed.zip file, is one just zipped up?

Do I need certain drivers for my XP PC for the OSF?

Thanks for any help and sorry for all the questions! I'll be fine once I get going just a bit nervous to start off with as I don't want to break my new phone!

Cheers,

worto.

Guest blade2011

Hi,

3014 is the right version for you.

For first installation I would recommend the fastboot method described in the Thread that you download the recovery-clockwork-3.0.1.4-blade.img file from.

That is the file you need to use with fastboot.

The other one is to be used to update the clockwork image after you already installed it. (Select install zip file from sd card in the clockwork menu)

Edit: The fastboot package which is provided in the post targetbsp just mentioned contains the tool for Windows and Linux, howerver, I did only test on WinXP.

Cheers, blade

Edited by blade2011

Guest targetbsp
anyways i have a question, anyone using swype with this new fan-dangled gingerbread ma-jiggy? because its got this new cursor to help you locate your finger between letters, which i must say is a nice addition, however its annoying because i cannot double tap a word anymore to get the list of suggested spellings in swype... is there a work-around for this?

The swype team removed that feature for gingerbread users. Presumably they'll come up with an alternative in a future version. There's info on Swypes beta forum about it.

From the Swype changelog: "Due to incompatibilities with new features added to Android 2.3.3, we have disabled double-tap-to-edit IN ANDROID 2.3.3 ONLY. This ONLY effects Android version 2.3.3"

Edited by targetbsp

Guest worto03

Thanks targetbsp and blade I'll give it a go & yes i'm trying to put it on an orange San Francisco and not the vega - lol

I'll get started then - expect me back later when my brain has exploded :D

Guest Deepeh
I hate netbooks, haha.

Press the swype button (bottom left) for your word choices, I quite like the gingerbread cursor thingie :D

Guest targetbsp
Press the swype button (bottom left) for your word choices, I quite like the gingerbread cursor thingie :D

Nice! I didn't know that. Thanks :D

I have massive battery drain issues with ADW Launcher EX and CM7 N25 or N28. Is there some option or pref preventing this? I mean, seriously, overnight, without sync, mobile data or wifi, battery drops from 100% down to 78%. My battery lasts barely a working day from 7am to 6pm. With Gingerbread Launcher by Eugene everything goes back to normal, battery lasts at least 2 working days.

Any suggestions?

Edited by bhf

Guest t0mm13b

I have discovered an oddity with the contacts.

• I received a text message that is not in the address book.
  • From messages, I tapped on the picture beside the number that is not in the address book
  • Got a dialog to say, "Add this to contacts"
  • I tapped "yes"
  • the screen went blank

Can anyone confirm this? :D

Guest Hurders

Has anyone got to the bottom of the LED notification light staying on. Granted it's not a major issue but it's an annoyance. Seems to be entirely random. Mostly the LED notification will work as it should but occasionally it will get stuck on (solid green) even after the notification is cleared. Once it's stuck on it seems the only way to get it to turn off is to plug the charge in briefly (turning the LED red) and then unplugging it. As I say, the LED works as it should most of the time, totally random that it occasionally stays on. I'm on N25 by the way but have noticed the issue in a few other nightlies.