[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

So, USB tethering was moved to enhancements. Does CM7 lack USB tethering in general or is this a Blade specific issue? This is the reason I haven't updated to CM7 yet, I was waiting for it to be finished since it was marked "started" a long time ago.

I think USB Tethering is a kernel issue

I am sure the Devs will get it sorted soon

If you want the option to tether,just buy a wifi dongle to share your blades internet with your computer

Edited by Guest

Guest Nick Rhodes
If I use RC4 do I still need to add the kernel for better battery usage?

I was wondering that as well I've gone from N25 to RC4 and battery life still the same, no where near as good as the 2.2. roms (but not as bad as some of the poorer nightlys).

Cheers, Nick

Guest Geery101

I can't add a facebook account to the syncing for my contacts. When i push facebook he just goes to homescreen.

anyone the same problem?

Guest hecatae
I can't add a facebook account to the syncing for my contacts. When i push facebook he just goes to homescreen.

anyone the same problem?

have you rebooted your phone and then tried?

Guest WuLiao

am i the only facing heavy battery drain in RC4? with wifi off, gps off and 3g on, my battery life drop from 100 to 65 in 2 hours time.

p/s: if this matter, i only use my phone to surf net in that 2 hours time.

Guest hecatae
So, USB tethering was moved to enhancements. Does CM7 lack USB tethering in general or is this a Blade specific issue? This is the reason I haven't updated to CM7 yet, I was waiting for it to be finished since it was marked "started" a long time ago.

all the USB issues relate to the 2.6.32 kernel we are using for the blade, the decision was made to get the blade release stable first, and then look at kernel updating and porting

Guest k0nrad
p/s: if this matter, i only use my phone to surf net in that 2 hours time.

If you're net surfing, then I presume the screen is on, just as the 3G radio is... Constant net surfing always caused battery drain, in every single release, RC4 isn't an exeption.

Edited by k0nrad

Guest WuLiao
If you're net surfing, then I presume the screen is on, just as the 3G radio is... Constant net surfing always caused battery drain, in every single release, RC4 isn't an exeption.

but this battery consuming is way too much. B)

i am not blaming devs, i appreciate what the devs bring for me :D

Guest t.michel

Just installed RC4 with full wipe. I cannot connect to Wifi anymore - the device is not getticng an IP address. The dhcp server shows the request, offer and ack, but the blade is stuck in requesting ip address.

Worked perfectly on N32 with the wifi update reverting to the old module.

Anyone else seen that?

Guest drunkenfcuk
Someone knows if this kind of rom will came also for LG Optimus 2x?

Development for the Optimus 2X is a work in progress. Check XDA Developers for info. It's a new device, so be patient :D

Guest k0nrad
but this battery consuming is way too much. ;)

i am not blaming devs, i appreciate what the devs bring for me B)

OK, I can understand the drain is too big for your taste - I'd like the battery to go on longer as well :D. I'm just pointing out that it's nothing unusual for CM7 in general, and is not RC4-specific.

Edited by k0nrad

Guest AsusFreak

Is it just me having problems with the Mute button in the dialer?

I don't know if it worked in the past realeases - did never check it.

Anybody with the same problems?

RC3 and Wifi patch...

Edited by AsusFreak

Guest skyhacker
Just installed RC4 with full wipe. I cannot connect to Wifi anymore - the device is not getticng an IP address. The dhcp server shows the request, offer and ack, but the blade is stuck in requesting ip address.

Anyone else seen that?

+1 been having the same issue here, wifi worked properly in N32 but in RC4 wifi not working, already tried full wipe with no sucess, reverting back to n32

Guest tomc123

Hi everyone !

When flashing a ROM should i wipe the battery stats before or after flashing the ROM ?

Also should the install be done on a full charge or 0% ???

The reason i asked is iv never had a decent battery life on FLB, CM7 or Swedish... except one time on flb.

Thanks

Tom

Guest t.michel
+1 been having the same issue here, wifi worked properly in N32 but in RC4 wifi not working, already tried full wipe with no sucess, reverting back to n32

Strange thing is, I just reverted to a N25 backup from Rom Manager - and now I have the same problem there. Will do a clean install of N32 plus wifi fix now.

Guest Fou-lu
but this battery consuming is way too much. B)

i am not blaming devs, i appreciate what the devs bring for me :D

2hrs how much went down? I get average 6-7hrs on opera, from 100-0 battery lvl, 2hrs ain't normal 0_0

Guest WuLiao
2hrs how much went down? I get average 6-7hrs on opera, from 100-0 battery lvl, 2hrs ain't normal 0_0

from 100 drop to about 65! and this was happened when i surf net during lecture :D

Edited by WuLiao

Guest elastico

What video player do you guys use with this ROM?

I used RockPlayer with the Jellyfish ROM but now with the CM7 that one only plays sound (the screen is black). I also tried VPlayer with no success.

(I should perhaps mention that the stock Android player works fine but it’s useless)

Edited by elastico

Guest targetbsp

The battery drain is kinda non-linear. 100-90 seems to happen more or less instantly. 40 to 0 takes forever. A drop to 65% from 2 hours of continuous use sounds alright to me?

Guest hecatae
The battery drain is kinda non-linear. 100-90 seems to happen more or less instantly. 40 to 0 takes forever. A drop to 65% from 2 hours of continuous use sounds alright to me?

sounds normal to me

Guest sandriderman

Hi

First of all thank you to all the people who made this possible and to all the positive contributors to this forum.

I have been running CM since RC1 and have tried many nightly builds. Tonight I plan to move to the latest RC and plan to not only do the usual wipe, I will format my SD card and completely start from fresh.

What are people doing about moving apps to the SD card now?

On earlier builds I was using dtapps2sd, which was installed from the recovery menu. This seamed to work well.

More recently I have been using the free version of App 2 SD which is simple to use.

I have never managed to get s2ext to work (which is why I previously used dtapps2sd).

Which is the best way, which makes the phone run most efficiently?

Thank you

Guest sydeu

just wiped and installed rc4, wifi seems to work as before for me, surfing and that stuff works. BUT youtube still can only watch like 1 min 20 seconds of a video then it says no network connection press again if you want to retry and then it starts from the beginning and this time often can only come maybe 40 seconds. I really have no idea what's up with this? can anyone else try this with wifi and see if they have any similar problems? watching full videos (15+ mins) is no problem with 3g. Unfortunately this thing with youtube is a HUGE issue for me so gets a little hard for me using the rom with this problem. Otherwise such a great ROM, big thanks to the devs!

Edit: at first it buffers normally and the red line being a little in front of the place where i am, then all of sudden the whole line gets red and a few secons after that the video says i have no network connection.

Edited by sydeu

Guest flickflack

Anyone else seen that?

I get this sometimes when I have entered the incorrect Wep/WPA key ,make sure you have used the correct key

I have never had any wi/fi issues with any of the CM7 builds

Edited by flickflack