[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest _amano

The new "wrong temperature reading" workaround seems to be contributed by M. Kiesel (probably user "Grain" here in the forums). Big, big thanks for getting involved!!! ;)

I hope that the new kernel will be merged tonight.

Edited by _amano

Guest Simon O

Please try to keep discussions on topic. If you want to discuss anything that isn't related to CM7 then please make a thread in the appropriate forum like The Lounge. ;)

Guest MidaMilunk
Which new kernel? 2.6.38?

I start to think I do something wrong. I have just applied N97, but the kernel version is still 2.6.32.9-perf. Should not it be something newer? It was the same with the latest KLANG version as well. I wanted to test whether the GPS behave better or not, but it rebooted when I switched it on for the first time. Apparently even worse than earlier.

Guest supermies123
lolol i pay 4.9e/month for 13mbps with unlimited traffic.

what operator are you using? i have saunalahti norppa+ with mobiilikaista mini i think..

Guest JobSup
I start to think I do something wrong. I have just applied N97, but the kernel version is still 2.6.32.9-perf. Should not it be something newer?

That's alright, the blade kernel is still at 2.6.32. Even the most recent changes are just fixes for this kernel. There is no *.35 or newer kernel for the blade (yet).

Guest sej7278
I start to think I do something wrong. I have just applied N97, but the kernel version is still 2.6.32.9-perf. Should not it be something newer? It was the same with the latest KLANG version as well. I wanted to test whether the GPS behave better or not, but it rebooted when I switched it on for the first time. Apparently even worse than earlier.

that's the current version, some phones are running 2.6.35 and i think there's a move to get all phones on that as that's needed to be a "true" 2.3.4 android.

i think tom_g's rebuilt kernel with the battery temp/touchscreen fixes is still 2.6.32: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,5971

Guest Android.Fan
Just one more word: fastboot flash boot boot.img

You have to have the boot.img in the fastboot directory...

Is this a safe method for gen2 blade? Are there separate fastboot flasher files for gen1 and gen2?

Guest ekram

updated today to n97.

I wiped system, dalvik and cache.

I cant seem to add my google account. in accounts and settings, "add account" trys to make an exchange account. what is this?

Guest cartoone

Guys,

Planning to move from SS to CM7

Any good documentation/thread to read

1. To backup all the apps/sms/data and then inject it back into CM7 after the install?

2. Step by step methods to flash and put CM7?

Thanks in advance

Guest _amano

*Sigh* The kernel update wasn't merged tonight and slipped to page 2 of the code review site. Maybe someone can add a semi-helpful comment there this evening to bring it back onto the radar of the powers that be.

Edited by _amano

Guest k0zmic
Guys,

Planning to move from SS to CM7

Any good documentation/thread to read

1. To backup all the apps/sms/data and then inject it back into CM7 after the install?

2. Step by step methods to flash and put CM7?

Thanks in advance

1.) Use Titanium Backup/MyBackupPro. But, don't do anything other than user apps. Do batch backups and tick what apps you want backed up. You can also use Google Backup and restore for apps. This won't restore data, just install the apps from the Market again, enable via Settings > Privacy > Tick the two boxes.

Use SMS Backup and Restore + for SMS/Calls logs

2.) Are you Gen 2? If so just do a full wipe and format system via Mounts and Storage via Recovery.

Otherwise use that TPT Method that's pinned do upgrade to Gen 2.

You can also use the converter.

Guest k0zmic
does kk universal converter still work ? are there any new kernels?

There have been updates to the kernel but I think it still works? Not sure though, have a look in the thread for it.

Guest KACE_231

With regards to the camera issue, i now see what the problem is. The screen itself looks bright but once the pictures are taken the stored image itself is pretty dark. This is when taking pictures during normal daylight.

Guest stubphen
I enabled 'Always use proximity'. Then I just dial a stupid number e.g. 38354953483 wait for it and then the screen should come back. I'm on N96 BTW.

It is a software problem, 95% sure.

In Elixir try this:

1.) Turn it on, what is the distance in CM or is it a blank line?

2.) Turn it off.

3.) Put your finger directly in front of it, turn it on. What is the distance or blank line?

4.) Now move your finger back and forth. Does the distance change or stay the same?

Mine doesn't register my finger moving away, this makes me believe that the proximity sensor driver can't 'see' my finger moving away and close hence the reason it makes the screen turn off.

May i know where to enable the "always use proximity" option?

thx~

1. it shows 4cm

3. 1cm

4. no change...

The reading is unstable, sometimes it even shows "-" ...

I agree with you.

Are all blade using the same version of sensor?

Mine is Taos Proximity Sensor version 1