[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest sm4tik
N99

Market wont work

No news and weather widget

Otherwise seems OK

Going to Burstlams FM Kang

A full wipe should fix the problems you have, I just did it to make my market work again (not all apps were found in the market and my installed apps were not listed in "my apps", N98). Seems it just happens sometimes, don't know why?

Guest _amano
latest build merged with tomg's code only , get rid of bluetooth turn on issue.

touch the channel digits to change the channel, don't use the scroll button to avoid screen lock.

http://hotfile.com/dl/120603253/87852ad/up...signed.zip.html

md5 : 2f1d4bb1d0076c63e1c6d416d3ee27fc

Yep. That's better now. Bluetooth isn't enabled by the app now. And I can confirm that the media volume keys are working. Perfect. At least sufficient. Big thanks to Tom_G and Stephanè K.

Guest saturnreturn
GTasks force close for me when I trying to change a date or time on a task. It's no problem to create a new task with time and date is when I want to change it when the app force close. Have tried it on release N95, N96 and N98 with same problem.

For every release I did a wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition before installation to be sure.

Is it just me who have this problem?

Yes, I have got that too in N98. Jumped straight from 88 where it was working fine.

Guest Grain
Yes, I have got that too in N98. Jumped straight from 88 where it was working fine.

See the CM changelog. It should be fixed in N99 ("DatePicker throwing ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException").

You should provide logcats when reporting crashes. See the CM status page.

Guest simonckenyon
latest build merged with tomg's code only , get rid of bluetooth turn on issue.

touch the channel digits to change the channel, don't use the scroll button to avoid screen lock.

http://hotfile.com/dl/120603253/87852ad/up...signed.zip.html

md5 : 2f1d4bb1d0076c63e1c6d416d3ee27fc

the sound goes off after about 5 seconds. clicking on any UI element causes it to come back (again for 5 seconds).

the first time i try to turn on USB storage it just comes back to the "Turn on USB storage" button. clicking it a second time causes the phone to reboot.

i had this with the previous version as well.

Guest asm19

Hi,

I can not send MMS to any ROM based Cyanogen. The first time I install the ROM immediately turn off the 3G and not to spend money now when I bind the data assets do not appear on the 3G bar notifications and never can send MMS, does anyone know how to fix this? I have the APN and configured my network and everything, but still does not give ...

I am with the last ROM KANG: update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-Blade-KANG

Thanks

Guest _amano
the sound goes off after about 5 seconds. clicking on any UI element causes it to come back (again for 5 seconds).

the first time i try to turn on USB storage it just comes back to the "Turn on USB storage" button. clicking it a second time causes the phone to reboot.

i had this with the previous version as well.

Works fine here. With or without the screen off. I'd do a full wipe to confirm that it is not a hardware issue on your side.

The only thing that comes to my mind is that the volume buttons don't work when the screen is off. And I cannot remember if that was an issue on the Froyo ROMS as well (maybe that is an intended behaviour to let the radio consume as little power as possible). But that comes close to nitpicking.

Edited by _amano

Guest psycho84

Has anyone with Swiss Orange San Francisco (later gen1 with TFT ,mine is from march - april this year, I converted it to gen2 with TPT method) who installed (even) latest nightly had problems with sensors. I have this problem with any custom rom. Magnetic and accelerometer sensors just aren't working. Only way it could work was with SS RLS5 with softbank kernel. Is there a way to get code for sensors (drivers or whatever) and join it with some custom rom? I would really like to have a possibility to overclock which is not possible with stock kernel, but I would also like to have all of my sensors working.

Great job on this CM rom, it feels fast and pretty much stable.

Thanks in advance for your answers!!

Guest nogginthenog
Sure. Concerning phone data, you're basically screwed if you lose the Blade. The lockscreen or SIM pin doesn't help there as anybody can (in theory) use a) ClockworkMod backup, ;) fastboot, c) a custom TPT, d) DFU to dump data from the phone, circumventing any other password measures.

Or, you wait for them alarm to go off. That unlocks the phone too!

Guest jijijoujou1

when i use headphone in call , the microphone doesn't work properly in all CM7 version , can anyone confirm that so i open new issue , thank's

Guest mullen666
A full wipe should fix the problems you have, I just did it to make my market work again (not all apps were found in the market and my installed apps were not listed in "my apps", N98). Seems it just happens sometimes, don't know why?

Full wipe

WBAW V7 N98 flashed

Everything rosy now.

I think there is a lesson to be learned here. Recently have only been wiping Dalvik cache before install and I think I have ended up with a variety of odd behaviours.

Now that I have clean installed N98 loads of UI components on my phone have changed (probably to what they should be) and the phone now runs much smoother

No wipe no whine

Guest inotalas

Hi, I had the N85 installed on my Blade for 2 weeks more or less. Yesterday I installed the N98 doing a Full wipe and everything seems to be ok, like N85 but faster and smoother. The problem comes when I use a2sd, the phone comes very unstable and when it reboot it takes more than 2 minutes and sometimes the bootanimation restarts again and again. In N85 a2sd works fine. Somebody with similar problems?

Thanks.

Guest hedgepigdaniel

there are a total of 8 patches floating around on gerrit related to FM for the blade. TomG commented that he wanted to play around with RDS before these things get merged. We may yet get a working FM Radio with RDS in the next few nightlies!

Guest lordofangels
N100 is out

Wakey wakey Lordofangels

Yeah, I'll give you that one ;)

I was too late, working on other things distracted me.. :P

Guest psycho84
Has anyone with Swiss Orange San Francisco (later gen1 with TFT ,mine is from march - april this year, I converted it to gen2 with TPT method) who installed (even) latest nightly had problems with sensors. I have this problem with any custom rom. Magnetic and accelerometer sensors just aren't working. Only way it could work was with SS RLS5 with softbank kernel. Is there a way to get code for sensors (drivers or whatever) and join it with some custom rom? I would really like to have a possibility to overclock which is not possible with stock kernel, but I would also like to have all of my sensors working.

Great job on this CM rom, it feels fast and pretty much stable.

Thanks in advance for your answers!!

Hm, what should I use my invisibility for? To fight crimes or do something evil... ;)

Guest Jean85
Hi,

I can not send MMS to any ROM based Cyanogen. The first time I install the ROM immediately turn off the 3G and not to spend money now when I bind the data assets do not appear on the 3G bar notifications and never can send MMS, does anyone know how to fix this? I have the APN and configured my network and everything, but still does not give ...

I am with the last ROM KANG: update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-Blade-KANG

Thanks

Unfortunately is a known issue ;)

http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=3241

http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=2289

Guest simonckenyon
The only thing that comes to my mind is that the volume buttons don't work when the screen is off. And I cannot remember if that was an issue on the Froyo ROMS as well (maybe that is an intended behaviour to let the radio consume as little power as possible).

they used to work on froyo.

Guest sambartle

Can anyone tell me exactly what causes the GPS reboot problems? (where/how can I search the cyanogen bugs for blade specifically to find it myself)

It doesnt appear to be on the Bugs tab of the post on the first page of this thread.. unless im being blind.

People keep saying it only happens once.. but for me its pretty much 60% of the times I fire up GPS.. Its annoying because if its enabled and I go to Google in the browser it just reboots when the homepage requests my location.

Edited by sambartle

Guest Simono

Yes for me this is the biggest problem. If it will solved then this be a pretty god ROM for my Blade. It's strange because this reboot happend then GPS is on while app starts it using, if fix got no reboot for all time to next randoply reboot wile launching app that use GPS. Second my problem is not automatic connecting to BT car kit if BT on phone switch on first.

Edited by Simono