[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest juniperz
from 100 drop to about 65! and this was happened when i surf net during lecture :D

Punishment for being a poor student??

Of course another variable is proximity to a cell tower. If the lecture theatre has thick walls and is distant from a tower, more power will inevitably be used.

Guest samjam
Hi

First of all thank you to all the people who made this possible and to all the positive contributors to this forum.

I have been running CM since RC1 and have tried many nightly builds. Tonight I plan to move to the latest RC and plan to not only do the usual wipe, I will format my SD card and completely start from fresh.

What are people doing about moving apps to the SD card now?

On earlier builds I was using dtapps2sd, which was installed from the recovery menu. This seamed to work well.

More recently I have been using the free version of App 2 SD which is simple to use.

I have never managed to get s2ext to work (which is why I previously used dtapps2sd).

Which is the best way, which makes the phone run most efficiently?

Thank you

I don't use apps2sd hacks. I use re-partitioned my flash to get less space for system and more space for user applications:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...ol-alpha3-gen1/

- I gained 100MB that way. I find that combined with Androids own install-2-sd capability I have more than enough

N32 with wifi fix seems most stable (see a few pages back), some people have wifi troubles with RC4

Sam

Guest Fou-lu
The battery drain is kinda non-linear. 100-90 seems to happen more or less instantly. 40 to 0 takes forever. A drop to 65% from 2 hours of continuous use sounds alright to me?

avoid low battery at all costs, The battery double honk noise at 15% frightens the hell out me, its at Max volume too for some reason,pops up out of nowhere, changed it now on system/media etc, but for weeks feared that message.. any way too lower volume on it?

Edited by Fou-lu

Guest t.michel
I get this sometimes when I have entered the incorrect Wep/WPA key ,make sure you have used the correct key

I have never had any wi/fi issues with any of the CM7 builds

I tried to connect to an open (Hotspot) network, so no Key was needed. What's really weired is that even a plain N32 install with wifi fix won't connect now. I'ld blame it on the network, but I can see the dhcp server sending out offers...

Guest tomc123

Hi everyone !

When flashing a ROM should i wipe the battery stats before or after flashing the ROM ?

Also should the install be done on a full charge or 0% ???

The reason i asked is iv never had a decent battery life on FLB, CM7 or Swedish... except one time on flb.

Thanks

Tom

Guest targetbsp
Hi everyone !

When flashing a ROM should i wipe the battery stats before or after flashing the ROM ?

Also should the install be done on a full charge or 0% ???

The reason i asked is iv never had a decent battery life on FLB, CM7 or Swedish... except one time on flb.

Thanks

Tom

I'm not sure how you'd manage to install on 0% exactly... it drains a good bit of battery doing the nandroid backup and putting on and first booting the new rom. I just do it on whatever charge I'm on and don't do anything with battery stats. And mine lasts days between charges.

Guest tomc123
I'm not sure how you'd manage to install on 0% exactly... it drains a good bit of battery doing the nandroid backup and putting on and first booting the new rom. I just do it on whatever charge I'm on and don't do anything with battery stats. And mine lasts days between charges.

Thanks for the reply.

I flashed RC4 this morning and am already on 85% from a full charge and the fone has been on my desk all day. No wifi, no gps, 3g on.

im baffled as to why i always get rubbish batt life :D

Guest hecatae
avoid low battery at all costs, The battery double honk noise at 15% frightens the hell out me, its at Max volume too for some reason,pops up out of nowhere, changed it now on system/media etc, but for weeks feared that message.. any way too lower volume on it?

that may be worth raising on the issue tracker

Guest thomas01155
Thanks for the reply.

I flashed RC4 this morning and am already on 85% from a full charge and the fone has been on my desk all day. No wifi, no gps, 3g on.

im baffled as to why i always get rubbish batt life :D

Did you charge your phone to full before flashing?

Guest targetbsp
Thanks for the reply.

im baffled as to why i always get rubbish batt life ;)

Well the 3g on will hit the battery. It says as much beneath the option on all roms - even stock. :D I only switch to 3g as when I need it. Also as I mentioned above the battery is non linear so you've not done a sufficiently long test to comment on the battery life yet. B)

Guest Amphoras

I did a full wipe and install of RC4 last night. Wifi seems to be connecting ok, not had any problems with it yet. The phone did reboot about 4 times after I flashed the dark tremor thing, but it seems ok now so it might just have been due to that.

Battery is much better than RC3, phone seems to be sleeping properly now even with wifi left on all the time. Also, cifs manager is able to mount stuff now whereas it just gave errors in N19 and RC3 (other ones I've tried).

What video player do you guys use with this ROM?

I used RockPlayer with the Jellyfish ROM but now with the CM7 that one only plays sound (the screen is black). I also tried VPlayer with no success.

(I should perhaps mention that the stock Android player works fine but it’s useless)

I tried RockPlayer this morning on RC4. The sound was out, but I only tried one video, so don't know if it was just that or if its something to do with CM7.

Guest pellonet
+1 been having the same issue here, wifi worked properly in N32 but in RC4 wifi not working, already tried full wipe with no sucess, reverting back to n32

Sorry people with this issue on RC4 yo have got to be doing something wrong, just did my update to RC4 with full wipe & WiFi is rock solid & doing what it should be doing using 2 different APs/Routers.

RC4 is a credit to all the contributors, it seems to be the fastest & smoothest yet for me.

Thanks

Guest StefanoRuleZZ
Development for the Optimus 2X is a work in progress. Check XDA Developers for info. It's a new device, so be patient :D

Ok, i will try to wait....!

Many thanks for your quick reply B)

Guest GarethC
Sorry people with this issue on RC4 yo have got to be doing something wrong, just did my update to RC4 with full wipe & WiFi is rock solid & doing what it should be doing using 2 different APs/Routers.

RC4 is a credit to all the contributors, it seems to be the fastest & smoothest yet for me.

Thanks

Same here wi-fi quick to find networks and solid once connected....

RC4 full wipe clean install....

Guest tomc123
Did you charge your phone to full before flashing?

Hi, yes i always do.

I remember one of the flb releases i had a crazy good battery life but been terrible on whatever i have flashed on it since.

Guest ppa123

LOL :D

Don't like that sound either.

Guest Xenon0816

does anyone know where to get the most recent gapps-addon for CM? I still have an old version here, but would like to have the newest!

Guest t.michel

Thanks

Hope so. Will test this evening at home with a different AP.