[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest lordjubblydave
This should be fixed. Do you have the issue where it doesn't reconnect, if so what nightly?

Pretty much every nightly I have tried.

Currently 101.

I try without and also with advanced wifi lock I have also tried blade wifi fix, which used to work ok but now does not:(

On a more positive note 101 is almost there as far as I'm concerned.

I have had no lockups and the bug I used to get where the keyboard would not pop up seems ok also.

Its just this damn wifi thing, its not a major issue, but it would be nice if it would reconnect on its own.

Guest k0zmic
Pretty much every nightly I have tried.

Currently 101.

I try without and also with advanced wifi lock I have also tried blade wifi fix, which used to work ok but now does not:(

On a more positive note 101 is almost there as far as I'm concerned.

I have had no lockups and the bug I used to get where the keyboard would not pop up seems ok also.

Its just this damn wifi thing, its not a major issue, but it would be nice if it would reconnect on its own.

What router do you have? I've heard it's mainly a problem with NetGear routers.

Unrelated:

As I still have a bug with the proximity sensor where the screen usually fails to turn back on forcing me to pull the battery. On N98 during a call if you hold Menu for a couple of seconds the screen should come on and you'll be able to use the soft keys.

This has to be done after each reboot.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest targetbsp
CM's devs, please add Lebara UK apn

I'm pretty sure you'd have to post on their tracker - not on a random forum thread that they don't read. ;)

Guest lordjubblydave
What router do you have? I've heard it's mainly a problem with NetGear routers.

Unrelated:

As I still have a bug with the proximity sensor where the screen usually fails to turn back on forcing me to pull the battery. On N98 during a call if you hold Menu for a couple of seconds the screen should come on and you'll be able to use the soft keys.

This has to be done after each reboot.

I do have a netgear router actually.

so perhaps that is the issue, I will try it somewhere else tomorrow.

Guest k0zmic
I do have a netgear router actually.

so perhaps that is the issue, I will try it somewhere else tomorrow.

I'd try update it to the latest firmware if it's not already on the latest as well.

Guest sej7278
GPS reboots, any fix?

there's a new google maps 5.6.0 out today - its normal to have a reboot the first time you load maps after an update.

was that it, or are you getting more reboots than just the once?

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Noob question, does the brightness level status bar thing actually work?

Its ticked in settings, and auto-brightness is off, but what am I supposed to do, just slide left->right across the status bar? do I need to pull down notifications or anything?

Thanks ;)

Guest tcpaulh
Yeah!! Like so many other users you install a ROM and don't bother exploring it to see what it has to offer!

Nice use of exclamations Thrashman. That'll teach me. How do you react when something actually important happens? I deliberately held off posting until I'd had a look through the settings. Even started to go through them twice but thought F it, I'll risk a quick question in case the setting was missing.

Guest sm4tik
Noob question, does the brightness level status bar thing actually work?

Its ticked in settings, and auto-brightness is off, but what am I supposed to do, just slide left->right across the status bar? do I need to pull down notifications or anything?

Thanks ;)

Hold your finger in the middle of the statusbar until it pops out (don't pull down), then slide left/right as if it was a slider.

Guest Paden
tablet_tweaks2.png

The “Disable lockscreen” option under “Interface” appears to perform the same function as the “Delayed lock” app that was mentioned earlier by Simono (post #5143), which may help overcome the bluetooth connectivity issues CM7 has with some devices.

Am I correct in thinking this?

Cheers, Paul

Guest Mushroom_Lord
Hold your finger in the middle of the statusbar until it pops out (don't pull down), then slide left/right as if it was a slider.

I'd assume you mean to its like double its normal width kinda thing?

Still can't get it working :L

Guest lordjubblydave

Update:

I uninstalled all wifi fix apps and let Cm7 do its thang.

Wifi association is working fine in nightly 101 for me.

Thanks all involved with CM for all your hard work.

Guest mullen666

CM7 is smoking!!!

Tablet tweaks soft buttons, no lockscreen etc

have beautified my blade

BTW why do some people get so agro first it was Lance H aka Len Ash now thrashman

chill out and support each other

Guest Nogard3k

Just incase this helps anyone ;)

I keep seeing comments about various wifi issues. One problem being the inability to connect to a router after a ROM update. This has happened to me repeatedly, with the only way to connect being to use a static IP. I have now been able to fix this 100% of the time with various ROMS.

It seems like its nothing to do with the ROM. I have to totally RESET the router, a reboot is not enough. After a full reset everything is hunky dory and working as it should without the need for a static IP. I am using a BTHomehub 2. So far I have needed to do this 3 times following various nightly updates, and also after trying other ROMS.

It must be worth a try for any of you experiencing similar issues. :P

N105

Support for FM Radio in this build.

For me, FM radio is not really useable. Auto tuning only works in the frequency band for north america. Neither europe nor any european country does work properly. If I try manual tuning, my touchscreen repeatedly freezes within 0.4 MHz.

Anyone else?

Guest swordtail
For me, FM radio is not really useable. Auto tuning only works in the frequency band for north america. Neither europe nor any european country does work properly. If I try manual tuning, my touchscreen repeatedly freezes within 0.4 MHz.

Anyone else?

Yep getting the same.

Will the old radio app work with CM7 or has the andorko fm been tweaked to work ?