[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest wakaru
CM's devs, please add Lebara UK apn

<apn carrier="Lebara UK" mcc="234" mnc="15" apn="uk.lebara.mobi" user="web" password="web" type="default,supl" />

<apn carrier="Lebara UK MMS" mcc="234" mnc="15" apn="uk.lebara.mobi" user="web" password="web" server="*" mmsc="http://mms.lebara.co.uk/servlets/mms" mmsproxy="212.183.137.012" mmsport="8799" type="default,supl,mms" />

+1

Guest DonJamal
I confirm superuser not working with stock N105

However, it works after "su_unsigned.zip" update

hmm...for me doesnt work with su_unsigned.zip... full wipe...

now works :)

Edited by DonJamal

Guest boljul

Hello everyone,

I have also patched with the su zip but I can't have it working, I tried with different version of fm.apk found on the web.

What version of Radio FM do you use?

Will the correct version be included automatically in the nightly build?

Regards

Guest Amphoras

Trying to add superuser before I flash the rom, but it doesn't seem to be working. I've tried copying the su file from an older version into xbin and tried the one from the zip posted earlier, but when I flash the rom I still don't have root. Is there something else I have to do as well?

Guest kol0bok
Bootloops for me, Stock GEN2, with N105, haven't tried full wipe though...

Similar mess here. Tried a home build a couple of days ago (around N103), then it froze at boot.

Tried another home build today (N105+) build, same problem. Also happening with vanilla N105.

After wiping everything and reflashing, the thing worked. But not really well:

• superuser binaries not present (as mentioned by others)
  • the live wallpaper feels like framedropping every couple of seconds
  • repeatedly frozen touchscreen. After display timeout and awaking, it works again for a while
  • spontaneous reboots while reinstalling apps, no GPS involved
  • WiFi wreaking random havoc... scanning for minutes then hangs and fails to connect. Feels like using a wrong pass phrase but I am sure it was entered correctly

Enough fun for today, restoring N98 backup.

Guest Simono
How do you get the soft buttons in the statusbar? Thanks!

It will be a later in official Cyanogenmod.

For me N105 + su from wbaw working OK for now. After launching some app that use GPS no reboot, I hope that is this fixed. I still cannot setup my provider smtp server i email app.

Edited by Simono

Guest ThermalDroid
It will be a later in official Cyanogenmod.

For me N105 + su from wbaw working OK for now. After launching some app that use GPS no reboot, I hope that is this fixed. I still cannot setup my provider smtp server i email app.

Link?

Guest swordtail

I'm getting random reboots now on N105, heavy battery usage also and the radio app is pants so looks like it's back to SSpring again.Oh well shall try Cm again in a few weeks,damn thought this was going to be the one.

Guest Lucif3r

Hello. Im sure this have been asked but I fail at searching (cant find anything :) )..

I went from my stock 2.2 on my blade to the 103 build, running less apps on CM7 than I did on froyo etc.

But the battery time is terrible :/ . On froyo I get more than twice the battery time as I do on CM7 103.

I suspect theres an app draining the battery which is not present in the stock 2.2 rom.

Do anyone know what it is, and if its fixable?

Some numbers for reference, on Froyo, with WLAN turned on 24/7, no sleep policy etc, I got around 46h battery time with quite heavy use during the days (idle when I slept, obviously).

With CM7 I didnt get more than 21h with similar use, WLAN turned on all the time, WITH sleep policy (die with the screen).

2G/3G data is disabled on both roms.

Again, sorry if this have been asked a million times already...

Guest Nudnik_de
Hello. Im sure this have been asked but I fail at searching (cant find anything :) )..

I went from my stock 2.2 on my blade to the 103 build, running less apps on CM7 than I did on froyo etc.

But the battery time is terrible :/ . On froyo I get more than twice the battery time as I do on CM7 103.

I suspect theres an app draining the battery which is not present in the stock 2.2 rom.

Do anyone know what it is, and if its fixable?

Some numbers for reference, on Froyo, with WLAN turned on 24/7, no sleep policy etc, I got around 46h battery time with quite heavy use during the days (idle when I slept, obviously).

With CM7 I didnt get more than 21h with similar use, WLAN turned on all the time, WITH sleep policy (die with the screen).

2G/3G data is disabled on both roms.

Again, sorry if this have been asked a million times already...

The sleep policy doesn't work properly with CM. You can check the battery usage in Spare Parts, it will show you that Wifi is ON 99,x % percent, Wifi usage pretty much the same.

I'm using Green Power from market. It makes sure that Wifi is disabled automatically when screen turns off, you can also apply some rules in which cases the Wifi connection shall remain or how often it shall wake up. One positive side effect is that the Wifi reconection issue in CM7 is also solved with this tool.

I get battery usage between 2 and 4 days...

Hope this helps

Edited by Nudnik_de

Guest Lucif3r
The sleep policy doesn't work properly with CM. You can check the battery usage in Spare Parts, it will show you that Wifi is ON 99,x % percent, Wifi usage pretty much the same.

I'm using Green Power from market. It makes sure that Wifi is disabled automatically when screen turns off, you can also apply some rules in which cases the Wifi connection shall remain or how often it shall wake up. One positive side effect is that the Wifi reconection issue in CM7 is also solved with this tool.

I get battery usage between 2 and 4 days...

Hope this helps

Yes, looking at Spare Parts it clearly shows the wlan has been turned on all the time (100%, in fact). But it doesnt quite explain why Froyo, also with 100% wlan, got so much better battery life.

Im gonna check out Green Power and see if I can cook something up with it :)

I dont really mind the battery life as Im mostly home, but its nice to have decent battery time for the times I aint.

Thanks for the answer though B)

Edit: Green Power seems to work with the sleep thingy. Its a bit slow starting the WLAN up again though.

Edited by Lucif3r

Guest k0zmic
Edit: Green Power seems to work with the sleep thingy. Its a bit slow starting the WLAN up again though.

I know, it's because it turns it off so it has to turn on and re-connect.

Yes, looking at Spare Parts it clearly shows the wlan has been turned on all the time (100%, in fact). But it doesnt quite explain why Froyo, also with 100% wlan, got so much better battery life.

Im gonna check out Green Power and see if I can cook something up with it :)

I dont really mind the battery life as Im mostly home, but its nice to have decent battery time for the times I aint.

Thanks for the answer though B)

Because froyo (and cm7) lies & actually turns the wifi off even when it's been told not to.

You should be able to set the wifi sleep policy to turn it off when screen is off.