[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest reluctant_traveller
Im desperate to install this ROM but I need to ensure certain key bugs are fixed, can someone confirm these:

1. WiFi works with no issue, still disconnects when the phone sleeps when set to do so?

2. Proximity Sensor correctly

3. GPS (though this is not a major issue for me)

4. Anything else that is major?

Thanks

1. Have always manually turned on/off the wifi as needed - seems to be a major issue for a lot of people though

2. No issues since like nightly 20

3. Works awesome. Just don't let the phone sleep when finished with it - or better still, do as I do and manually reboot phone when finished using sat nav or whatever it is you use gps for. RC4 reboots in literally 57 secs for me; is it possible to use tasker to reboot the phone automatically after turning off GPS??

4. Don't go clicking the airplane mode button on the power widget like a dozen times in a row in less than 8 seconds otherwise it seems to stick airplane mode until you reboot.

Guest hugobosslives
When will people get that that's not the problem? The problem is that in FroYo, with similar use, the battery lasted longer. Geez... :D

+1

tho im not expecting exactly the same as froyo as gingerbread should take slightly more. but within reason the two should, hopefully, soon be reasonably simular on battey life

Guest simonckenyon
Does RC4 still have the following issues:

1. Turns off after you stop using GPS ?

2. The accelerometer is really slow and weird after a while

install it and find out

Guest Totyasrác
+1

tho im not expecting exactly the same as froyo as gingerbread should take slightly more. but within reason the two should, hopefully, soon be reasonably simular on battey life

+1

And I've tested it today with only 2G enabled - very same battery life as with froyo (FLB)!

Now I will be testing the experimental kernel branch stuffa, will report if that solved "3G eats up the battery" issue :D

Guest hugobosslives
+1

And I've tested it today with only 2G enabled - very same battery life as with froyo (FLB)!

Now I will be testing the experimental kernel branch stuffa, will report if that solved "3G eats up the battery" issue :D

haha finally someone with a positive reply about battery life. very refreshing.

regarding experimental kernels which ones are currently going as i havn't had the time to muck around with this since early nightlies (which badly needed it). cheers

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
2. Worked very well for me in RC3

I'm using a BT headset so the proximity bug was a non-issue for me,

but when my headset ran out of battery while on the road I faced the

proximity bug for the first time, multiple times - with N32 ...

Guest Xenon0816

is there a problem in restoring apps with Titanium Backup in CM7? Today I flashed CM7 RC3, flashed newest gapps and restored all my apps via TB... and ran into massive trouble! Random reboots all the way, now stuck in bootloop...

Anyone has an idea what the problem is?

btw: prior to flash of CM7 a full wipe of course (RULE #1 :D)

Guest Frankish
is there a problem in restoring apps with Titanium Backup in CM7? Today I flashed CM7 RC3, flashed newest gapps and restored all my apps via TB... and ran into massive trouble! Random reboots all the way, now stuck in bootloop...

I restored all my apps just fine with Titanium. Clean rc4 install today.

Guest wookie16081965

has the gps been fixed on rc4 does anyone know thxs

Guest Fou-lu

were the apps backed up on froyo? the saved data transferred from 2.2 too 2.3 causes problems.

Guest Xenon0816

That's kinda strange.

I just wiped my phone (without reflashing CM7) and everything works angain. Will now try to restore my apps again, let's see what happens...

Guest wadgel
That's kinda strange.

I just wiped my phone (without reflashing CM7) and everything works angain. Will now try to restore my apps again, let's see what happens...

You should be fine using TB to restore apps. Problems however can occur if you restore any system settings (the red stuff in TB) between different ROMS.

Guest Xenon0816
You should be fine using TB to restore apps. Problems however can occur if you restore any system settings (the red stuff in TB) between different ROMS.

Still running into the same problems although I avoided all the red entrys... Gonna investigate a bit more :D

Guest campyr
Pah that is fine. Keep an eye on it and i'm sure it will stick at 95% for a long time now.

na sorry but the battery drain is back steadily loosing charge with no use ie 8hrs = 16 %

checked battery stats a whopping 24% being used by "maps" the alarming thing is i have never had maps open WHATSOEVER! bizarre?

Guest targetbsp
Still running into the same problems although I avoided all the red entrys... Gonna investigate a bit more :D

You can't even do the green system entries when changing version (at least not from eclair to froyo so I assume froyo to gingerbread is just as troublesome). So avoiding red isn't all there is to it. Only do the user apps.

Guest LVL91
N25+ has smooth scrolling, mostly depends the launcher, ADW EX is perfect for it, or the gingerbread launcher, the original ADW sucks though..

The menu's are still laggy compared to all the froyo roms.

But not all menu's, youtube for instance is very nice. But the 'standard' android menu's are laggy when comparing it to froyo.

Edited by LVL91

Guest zerosignull
na sorry but the battery drain is back steadily loosing charge with no use ie 8hrs = 16 %

checked battery stats a whopping 24% being used by "maps" the alarming thing is i have never had maps open WHATSOEVER! bizarre?

its the new version of google maps. it has some silly bloody location aware crap in it that causes it to stay on. I got an increased battery drain on modaco R12 when installing it.

Guest mELIANTE

Is it possible that the dialler is draining battery due to sensors? Maybe the turn to mute option, altough invisible, is still taking its toll on the battery? At least, in sensor usage, in spare parts, the dialler is on top :D

Guest chimas

okay I installed rc4 yesterday but found that my phone dont got to sleep will wifi is on.

is there a fix for this. I have read almost every thread (seriously) that have been created for the nightlys.

I have tried the spare parts option but found that I can still wake the phone with any button.

Guest jayhix

battery life on RC 4 seems much better to me, its been running for nearly 12 hours with wifi on constantly and many texts sent, and only now on 61%

strangely however my gallery is reporting usage of 36% and has been running for 0s..

also my phone is sleeping correctly with wifi turned on.

Guest campyr
its the new version of google maps. it has some silly bloody location aware crap in it that causes it to stay on. I got an increased battery drain on modaco R12 when installing it.

right it's getting punted (thanks) will report back on battery usage

cheers

Guest Schwinni

Do NOT restore your WiFi Access Points when going from Android 2.2 to 2.3. This will cause a reboot loop - at least I got one, and you obviously also!

Restoring contacts, messages and call logs works without any problems.

Edited by Schwinni

Guest targetbsp

Aha! I have Autostarts controlling Google maps (amongst many other apps). Perhaps this is why I'm one of the few that claim great battery life while others never believe us? :D Good we've actually got a cause then!

Yeah i noticed Maps in my partial wake usage...uninstalled it. May look for an older version!

or you could freeze it with titanium backup

unfreezing when you need it

Edited by Guest