[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest sej7278

I don't think it's just the wifi. Any sort of data connection is draining it on N127 I guess. I had datasync on for fb, twitter, google+ and 2 email accounts - within 5 hours it went from 100% to 18% - shocking!

i've seen crazy wifi drain since n126, i lost 7% in 20mins.

are we all getting this with google+ though, as maybe it syncs massive data or something? otherwise i guess its the new kernel, who is going to tell tom_g :(

Guest sej7278

It's look like Google+ drain battery.

marinblu or others with wifi/3g battery drain since n126, are you all using google+ ?

i'm going to try turning off sync and seeing how it goes -

EDIT 1: not google+ sync as i've just lost 4% in the couple of minutes i've typed this with sync off!

EDIT 2: Tom_G just said he's looking into wifi as the new module is broken by the new kernel or something: http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=4002

Edited by sej7278

Guest hugobosslives

with regards to the battery life that everyone keeps moaning about......

i find, any sort of data use (whether wifi or 2/3g) has a massive impact.

when i go a couple of days without the odd half an hour of surfing it lasts nearly double as long as when i do.

it even seems that half an hour, on modaco say :), drains more battery than a gameloft game (not the case on other roms for me) even if i'm reading most of the time (i.e not downloading constantly)

Guest t0mm13b

To be honest, I am very impressed and pleased with nightly 128, yes the newer .32 kernel does make a helluva difference - so fair play to TomG and HCDRJacob...

There is one thing have noticed - regardless of volume setting, the screen lock sounds gets tinny - anyone notice that?

Battery seems to be a lot better than nightly 126.... :)

Guest k0zmic

with regards to the battery life that everyone keeps moaning about......

i find, any sort of data use (whether wifi or 2/3g) has a massive impact.

I agree with that, it's not only just Wi-Fi for me that hurts battery.

To be honest, I am very impressed and pleased with nightly 128, yes the newer .32 kernel does make a helluva difference - so fair play to TomG and HCDRJacob...

Since I'm on N126 I might update to N128 and see how it goes.

Guest rockstarszzzz

I agree with that, it's not only just Wi-Fi for me that hurts battery.

Since I'm on N126 I might update to N128 and see how it goes.

Aren't 127 and 128 same thing?

PS: If you find 128 to be better then let me know as for me 2g/3g and wifi - all drains battery on 127.

Guest hedgepigdaniel

There is one thing have noticed - regardless of volume setting, the screen lock sounds gets tinny - anyone notice that?

I didn't notice that, but the first call I made on the new kernel the ringer sound was very tinny for about a second before it went back to normal.

Guest k0zmic

Aren't 127 and 128 same thing?

PS: If you find 128 to be better then let me know as for me 2g/3g and wifi - all drains battery on 127.

Looks like it, but it might be worth a try.

Will do.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest sej7278

N128 doesn't have a fix for the issue in N126/127, as Tom_G has said, the new kernel has broken wifi and he's only just started looking into it:

Thanks for the comments on blade wifi. Unfortunately the new module I was working on that was almost working correctly is totally broken by the new kernel, so there are some changes there that effect wifi. The wifi is however unrelated to the issue raised here (libaudio) and since its not in an official release you can't raise another issue for it, but I am looking at wifi for the other issues we have with it, so I'll look into it.

Guest maTTewCZ

which nightly are you using, and are you using a mains charger or a pc?

holy moly this new theme is slow - i've literally just seen that code quote get colourised!

N127, but this bug is here from N125+. I use wall charger.

Guest sej7278

N127, but this bug is here from N125+. I use wall charger.

it will be the new kernel then - it had issues with rebooting when ejecting the usb mass storage device from the pc, i guess it also effects just regular usb charging via mains too (seems unlikely though!)

Edited by sej7278

Guest Simono

On N126, now on N128 I don't see reboot while disconnecting from wall charger. To PC I connect rarely I prefer charge on wall and send data via WiFi.

Guest rockstarszzzz

Something is really really wrong with N127 (atleast for me!)

I've got a fresh install.

Today I've ended up charging my phone 3 times.

I have made no calls, few texts.

It's syncing fb, twitter, google+, email accounts and scores - I've ended up going below 15% three times. There are still 7 hours at least before I sleep, so I imagine 4th charge cycle might be needed!! - in just 1 day! :o

My phone on n127 is down to 80% after using the phone 25 minutes, 15 minutes of web surfing and 3g data on the whole time, not very nice :S

Edited by fldc

Guest lordofangels

where is N129?

Bot stopped building Nightly's after the crespo4g build this morning, so didn't get around to ours. :blink:

Nothing spoiling, no fixes or anything, hope it builds tomorrow though.

Guest Anil k Solanki

Hi everybody complaining about battery life,

I am running N#127 and I think the battery life is great. I have been experimenting with Wi-Fi off and using only my fast 3G connection, I have used 11MB today, and I have 20% after 17 hours. For me that is great!

batteryusage01_cf71.jpg

Your mileage may vary. Anil.

Guest sej7278

I am running N#127 and I think the battery life is great. I have been experimenting with Wi-Fi off and using only my fast 3G connection, I have used 11MB today, and I have 20% after 17 hours. For me that is great!

most of us are complaining about wifi not 3g, which has been confirmed by the devs.

turn wifi on and do 30-odd minutes of web browsing and syncing and watch a around 10% of your battery disappear.

i'd be amazed if you didn't see it as its a problem with the kernel in all builds since n126

Guest Anil k Solanki

most of us are complaining about wifi not 3g, which has been confirmed by the devs.

turn wifi on and do 30-odd minutes of web browsing and syncing and watch a around 10% of your battery disappear.

i'd be amazed if you didn't see it as its a problem with the kernel in all builds since n126

Hi sej7278, how much is the battery supposed to drop whilst using Wi-Fi for 30 mins? I thought the weaker your Wi-Fi signal from your base station the more power the Wi-Fi radio in the Blade would use?

I will try your suggestion tomorrow.

Thanks. Anil.

Guest Gunnerzz

screenshot-1310502288390.png

Well thats mine from 8.30 GMT - 21.27 GMT

EDIT - Sorry about the huge picture, cba to make it smaller :L

Edited by Gunnerzz