[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest LorianNod

N128 on mostly standby for 36 hours (it's done some automatic app updating, receiving emails etc) and has 11% battery left.

No Wifi on of course.

Guest MidaMilunk
<br />How about this for battery life on N128, 9.5 hours with wifi on and still at 100%.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

WiFi is off by default when the phone is sleeping... did you changed this?

Guest NeillA
WiFi is off by default when the phone is sleeping... did you changed this?

I have wifi sleep policy set for never because I had problems with it not reconnecting after sleep. Also in that time there was one phonecall, a couple of texts, and some web access. I tried to attach a screenshot, but it didn't seem to work.

Guest lordofangels

Lord of Angels you're slacking :D.

I know, yesterday, today and tomorrow I have appointments around the time the builds come out..

Guest Ciels
<br />How about this for battery life on N128, 9.5 hours with wifi on and still at 100%.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

How did you get wifi to stay on? the ROM doesn't seem to know how to keep wifi running.

Guest dadashi

I've put my wifi sleep policy to "never" but it actualy disconnects in standby modus and connects pretty quickly when the screen comes back on :D

When I had it disconnect it wouldn't reconnect when the screen came back :blink:

Guest yamahaxjr

<br /><br /><br />

How did you get wifi to stay on? the ROM doesn't seem to know how to keep wifi running.

I have the same problem. Wifi won´t stay on. This need some fixing.

Edited by yamahaxjr

Guest tsddave

I flashed N131 everything seems fine. The previous build I had was N125. The phone feels more fluid and smooth for sure.

Battery use:- After 10.5hrs down to 70% with some sms use ,one 3minute phone call and the use of a language learning application for 2x5mins.

I flashed N131 everything seems fine. The previous build I had was N125. The phone feels more fluid and smooth for sure.

Battery use:- After 10.5hrs down to 70% with some sms use ,one 3minute phone call and the use of a language learning application for 2x5mins.

On N131 from full charge,I down to 68% battery after watching film nearly 2hours long.Wasted two hours though,I watched preditors,not as good as first one with arnie in it.

Guest ratikka
<br />On N131 from full charge,I down to 68% battery after watching film nearly 2hours long.Wasted two hours though,I watched preditors,not as good as first one with arnie in it.<br /><br /><br /><br />
<br /><br /><br />

What videosoftware do you have?

Guest 5ubtil

Hi.

I'm on N131 and every time I connect the phone to the wall charger it reboots.

Can anyone tell me the last nightly build where this doesn't happen?

Or if there is a way to solve this. (I know usb charging works fine but its not always practical)

thanks

EDIT: Am I correct to think it is N126?

Edited by 5ubtil

Guest sej7278

On N131 from full charge,I down to 68% battery after watching film nearly 2hours long.Wasted two hours though,I watched preditors,not as good as first one with arnie in it.

n131 battery use on standby is fine (20 hours on about 20%), then you enable wifi and it eats battery like there's no tomorrow - like 10% in 3 minutes! same as every build since n126 with the new kernel.

post-839039-0-92732400-1310744144_thumb.

Guest juniperz

n131 battery use on standby is fine (20 hours on about 20%), then you enable wifi and it eats battery like there's no tomorrow - like 10% in 3 minutes! same as every build since n126 with the new kernel.

I see you have gone from your N126+ to N131. Are you going to stick with it, or revert?

Guest sej7278

I see you have gone from your N126+ to N131. Are you going to stick with it, or revert?

i'm trying n132 now, my n126+ has the new kernel same as everything since so its not really worth staying on that anymore - unless you really want softbuttons.

i'm not going to try to fudge together an old kernel and patched libaudio build (may as well go back to n118+ or something!) as everything seems fine other than wifi drain.

EDIT: i can't get n132 to reboot when i plug/unplug the wall charger. i'm assuming everyone means the weird mains plug with the usb connector that comes with the phones (uk one) i'm also using the usb cable that came with it.

the only problem i've ever had with chargers is with a car charger - seemed to drain rather than charge the battery lol!

Edited by sej7278

Guest samjam

i can't get n132 to reboot when i plug/unplug the wall charger.

Try holding down the power button and choosing reboot from the menu that appears.

samjam listens for tumbleweed

Guest juniperz

i'm trying n132 now, my n126+ has the new kernel same as everything since so its not really worth staying on that anymore - unless you really want softbuttons.

i'm not going to try to fudge together an old kernel and patched libaudio build (may as well go back to n118+ or something!) as everything seems fine other than wifi drain.

Thanks sej. I am not too bothered about wifi. Will take the plunge soon I think - I have been lurking here quite long enough ;-) but I have corporate Lotus Notes email etc on my Blade and was waiting for CM7 to be finished (!) and I didn't want all the re-installation hassle.

Guest sej7278

Thanks sej. I am not too bothered about wifi. Will take the plunge soon I think - I have been lurking here quite long enough ;-) but I have corporate Lotus Notes email etc on my Blade and was waiting for CM7 to be finished (!) and I didn't want all the re-installation hassle.

be warned that people also seem to be having battery drain issues with 3g on the new kernel (and its still 2.6.32 killermackem - don't get excited).

samjam - friday joke? :D

holy moly that wall charger charges so much faster than my powered hub - done 30% in a few minutes!

Edited by sej7278

Guest juniperz

be warned that people also seem to be having battery drain issues with 3g on the new kernel (and its still 2.6.32 killermackem - don't get excited).

samjam - friday joke? :D

Joke missed me! Hopefully samjam caught it!

So if we get to .35, that will definitely be a full wipe?

Guest tsddave

Why would you want to watch a full movie on your phone anyway? I have a Android tablet many times the size of my san fran but even thats pretty lame compared to the big screen.

Guest tsddave

I just did a test with wifi on using N131.

I did 5mins worth of surfing using Dolphin HD browser continually loading new content.

Battery loss was 3%

I dont think this is very bad but then It could be better im sure.

Hey guys this is my first post, time to say thank you for this awsome Firmware. I use Gingerbread since N64 ( Battery Life around about 1 day) but since N126 the Battery drain is nearly perfect.

I attach my Screenshot from my Phone. Here my stats , arround 20 Messages, WLAN, arround about 15min Call and some Statusupdates in Facebook and Tweetdeck. Thanks :). My CPU is set on 128MHZ minimum and 604 MHZ maximum - Angry Birds is nearly smooth to play.

sorry for my bad english - Germany :)

post-887323-0-22303800-1310758597_thumb.