[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest ididmytime

Yes, I do have that set in handcent... that is why I described this issue in the first place: I wanted the led to flash more often, but no matter how I change handcent led notification setup, that has no effect on led behavior...

When your phone sleeps it turns off the LED, end of... if you get the odd blink its more then likely the phone wakes up for a brief period to time to do something, then sleeps again.

You have 3 choices.

1) Find an app that keeps your phone awake, causing the LED to flash (battery killer)

2) Use an older build with working LED notifications while in sleep mode.

3) Wait until the kernel supports LED notifications again.

Guest qwerty_29

When your phone sleeps it turns off the LED, end of... if you get the odd blink its more then likely the phone wakes up for a brief period to time to do something, then sleeps again.

You have 3 choices.

1) Find an app that keeps your phone awake, causing the LED to flash (battery killer)

2) Use an older build with working LED notifications while in sleep mode.

3) Wait until the kernel supports LED notifications again.

Then I must try to check what is waking the phone as that is surely also draining battery...

Any reliable method for a noob like me?

Guest targetbsp

I get around this by having Tasker wake my phone (with screen off) if i miss a call or text. Kinda harsh on the battery when you miss an event but I'd rather know than not! There are apps that can do the same (such as NoLed) but they're a lot less battery efficient even than Tasker is.

I doubt you have a problem. It's probably handcent itself temp waking the phone with the reminder. I've used apps before that cause exactly the behaviour you describe before settling on Tasker. You'll see in Partial Wakes in Spare Parts if anything else is waking the phone often.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest qwerty_29

I get around this by having Tasker wake my phone (with screen off) if i miss a call or text. Kinda harsh on the battery when you miss an event but I'd rather know than not! There are apps that can do the same (such as NoLed) but they're a lot less battery efficient even than Tasker is.

I doubt you have a problem. It's probably handcent itself temp waking the phone with the reminder. I've used apps before that cause exactly the behaviour you describe before settling on Tasker. You'll see in Partial Wakes in Spare Parts if anything else is waking the phone often.

First of all, thanks for the tip with Tasker! ;)

Second, regarding the Partial Wakes, it seems that Maps is waking the phone quite often without apparent reason (I almost don't use maps), or is this normal?

post-791907-0-78829000-1311556802_thumb.

Guest MtheK

Yeah, I got the same behaviour on GSF!

Even though I'm using the most current version of Google Maps (5.7, #5713) and in an other thread I read that this version fixes the Maps-Wake-Lock ... not on my blade :(

I can't use SpareParts on the ZTE gb-kernel because the partial-wake-lock function seems to be blocked, but the active-bar beneath the battery-graph is continuous blue since the time I started google maps.

Also the "Stop" button in "Settings/Applications/Active Apps" doesn't work ... it restarts immediately.

The only way to stop Maps is "Settings/Applications/Apps/All/Maps" -> "Force Stop".

(I don't know if I translated correctly as I'm using the German language, but I hope you know what I mean ;) )

Guest LorianNod

the kernel for n142 is from July 4th; my n142+ has a kernel which includes all the fixes since then listed here so some performance improvements, support for newer blades, v9 tablet tweaks etc.

And support for Gen1 maybe?

No, the description is wrong on that code, it's not for gen1.

Edited by LorianNod

Guest Anil k Solanki

First of all, thanks for the tip with Tasker! ;)

Second, regarding the Partial Wakes, it seems that Maps is waking the phone quite often without apparent reason (I almost don't use maps), or is this normal?

Yeah, I got the same behaviour on GSF!

Even though I'm using the most current version of Google Maps (5.7, #5713) and in an other thread I read that this version fixes the Maps-Wake-Lock ... not on my blade :(

I can't use SpareParts on the ZTE gb-kernel because the partial-wake-lock function seems to be blocked, but the active-bar beneath the battery-graph is continuous blue since the time I started google maps.

Also the "Stop" button in "Settings/Applications/Active Apps" doesn't work ... it restarts immediately.

The only way to stop Maps is "Settings/Applications/Apps/All/Maps" -> "Force Stop".

(I don't know if I translated correctly as I'm using the German language, but I hope you know what I mean ;) )

Hi qwerty_29, Mthek,

Out of curiosity, under Settings>Location & security> do you have, Use wireless networks & Use GPS satellites, checked?

By the way Mthek, your translated English is excellent.

Anil.

Guest fire_of_mind

again, sej7278 nice work

i have a question. i'm trying to install morph zip file using recovery, but when i do that i see:

(...)

Installing update...

Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported.

Amend scripting was deprecated by google in Android 1.5.

It was necessary to remove it when updatinf to the clockworkmod 3.9. gingerbread based recovery.

Pleas switch to edify scripting (update-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages.

Installation aborted.

XDA member told me to check if the cm-nightly zip includes updater-script and updater-binary, but i don't know how to do that :unsure:

i'm using n142+ by sej

Guest Richard_Arkless

again, sej7278 nice work

i have a question. i'm trying to install morph zip file using recovery, but when i do that i see:

XDA member told me to check if the cm-nightly zip includes updater-script and updater-binary, but i don't know how to do that :unsure:

i'm using n142+ by sej

To check whether its got an updater-script you go to the zip then meta-inf, com, google, android and then it will show the 2 files in there

btw waiting until 1pm for nightly 143 so I can beat lordofangels at announcing it first, funny how this has turned into a bit of a game :D

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest Anil k Solanki

btw waiting until 1pm for nightly 143 so I can beat lordofangels at announcing it first, funny how this has turned into a bit of a game :D

LMAO.

Anil.

Guest MtheK

Hi qwerty_29, Mthek,

Out of curiosity, under Settings>Location & security> do you have, Use wireless networks & Use GPS satellites, checked?

Anil.

No, these settings were both unchecked. Sometimes I just activated GPS for a short time if needed, but deactivaded it afterwards and the GPS icon in the status bar correctly disappeared.

However, in the last three days I was not able to reproduce the maps wake-lock, maybe some minor update improved this.

I will come back to this issue (then with screenshots ;) ) if it happans again ... hopefully never ^^

Guest Richard_Arkless

No specific Blade fixes/updates in this build.

Official CM N143

md5sum: 64e12d7dcf7a5dcbf577f03d47da7709

Dang just when I decided to go and get lunch, I swear your a bot lol

Oh well will try tomorrow

Guest lordofangels

Dang just when I decided to go and get lunch, I swear your a bot lol

Oh well will try tomorrow

Wish you good luck for tomorrow. ;)

Guest qwerty_29

Hi qwerty_29, Mthek,

Anil.

Hi Anil,

Actually, I do have Use Wireless Network ON, but not Use GPS Satellites.

Could this be the cause? I have that on so that fancy widgets auto-updates my location/weather, and it is helpful from time to time when using google Maps to search nearby Restaurants, bars, etc...

Guest Anil k Solanki

Hi Anil,

Actually, I do have Use Wireless Network ON, but not Use GPS Satellites.

Could this be the cause? I have that on so that fancy widgets auto-updates my location/weather, and it is helpful from time to time when using google Maps to search nearby Restaurants, bars, etc...

Hi qwerty_29, I love ANDROID because of the vast choices I have, I also love it because of the OS tools. Unfortunately the tools, in this case the Running Services framework, and the battery usage stats, make people fret over inconsequential details. Is your battery running flat before you can get to a charger? Probably not.

I am very guilty of this fretting syndrome. But I am trying to keep on top of it. I have very similar services running as you do. So I wouldn't sweat it. I hope this is helpful. Anil.

Guest sej7278

again, sej7278 nice work

i'm using n142+ by sej

its not within cm7 that you need the edify scripts (although yes it does have them) its within the morph zip file. if it doesn't include a proper META-INF, any system libraries, the signing certificates and the com/google/android/update-binary and updater-script then it won't work with a modern cwm recovery on any android platform.

how old is this morph zip - is it signed, is it even for gingerbread?

Hello.

I updated from 137 to 143 and it isn't working properly now. Yes i did dalvik wipe :|

I get widgetlock crashes, launcher pro crashes, my google account seems to be gone and i can't add it manually or sync :\

Edited by ag0n

Guest BruxoMor

the kernel for n142 is from July 4th; my n142+ has a kernel which includes all the fixes since then listed here so some performance improvements, support for newer blades, v9 tablet tweaks etc.

softbuttons are enabled (not displayed by default) and its ahead of n142 by one commit "Lockscreen Background imprv."

Thank YOU sej7278, got it. Nice work!

Instaled your ROM yesterday night and:

- Battery consumption is looking GOOD - better than with the original 2.1 stock ROM,

- GPS is working now :),

- WiFi still doesn't wake from Standby (minor issue).

Keep it up and thank YOU again..

Guest Anil k Solanki

Hello.

I updated from 137 to 143 and it isn't working properly now. Yes i did dalvik wipe :|

I get widgetlock crashes, launcher pro crashes, my google account seems to be gone and i can't add it manually or sync :\

Hi ag0n, I suggest flashing the N142+ build from Simon AKA sej7278. Look at this post for a link to his build.

N142+ By Simon.

I recommend wiping the Cache partition and the Dalvik cache prior to flashing. As for your Google account, it seems you need to flash Gapps (Google Apps), that is a separate .zip file. If you don't have The Market Place, you need to flash Gapps. I hope this sorts your problem.

Anil.

Edited by Anil k Solanki