[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest k0zmic

and wipe cache partition?

I use rom manager, it suggested dalvik only....

I just do both, doubt it makes a difference if you only wipe one or the other though.

Well it seems to be okey now.

I ran an old backup (from day 15-7-2011), updated to N143 again with dalvik backup and it seems to be working fine now.

Guest sej7278

I use rom manager, it suggested dalvik only....

rommanager and clockworkmod empty the /data/dalvik-cache/ directory when you select "wipe dalvik".

clockworkmod also has the option to format the /cache partition, which i'd say is of limited use.

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Don't know if O'm the only one, but my phone don't want to charge with n142+... blink.gif

Battery to 40%, I plug the phone and hours later it doesn't go up.

I reboot my phone, battery's 23%... blink.gif So I plug it again, some minutes later, battery doesn't go up again. I'll try to restore my 136+ and see what's happen.

EDIT: Ok, it's due to my phone, or charger, my battery doesn't charge anymore... ohmy.gif

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

Guest sej7278

Is 143 equal to 142+?

no, 142+ has a newer kernel and softbuttons, but 4 less patches.

as far as battery charging goes, the phones do seem to get stuck like that - some say to reset stats from recovery or download a calibration program.

some say to let it run completely down and charge it up completely, let it run down again a few times in a cycle.

my advice would be to stick to usb-pc charging and not to use the wall charger or cigarette chargers, that solved it for my sister on froyo.

i reckon wall chargers must overheat the blade or battery or something (they also seem to screw up the battery stats) cigarette chargers i've tried make the blades go completely mad and in fact lose charge rather than gain it!

Edited by sej7278

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Thanks for the advice. The only problems with USB charging is the charging time, and the fact that I didn't have a PC with me everywhere. tongue.gif

When I plug my USB cable it seem's to work like you say, so I assume my charger is dead... I will contact my provider for a replacement or so.

I noticed a strange noise when I plug it to the phone.

Thanks.

Guest ThermalDroid

Sej do you recommend the newer kernel or the extra patches? Speed vs stability or is it just a matter of 143 has more fixes and 142+ is a test platform for the new kernel?

Guest Richard_Arkless

Sej do you recommend the newer kernel or the extra patches? Speed vs stability or is it just a matter of 143 has more fixes and 142+ is a test platform for the new kernel?

Even though I am not sej I have tried both and am now on n143 and found that those patches wasnt worth the upgrade so I would recommend that you stay with 142+

I guess you could go with 143 then copy the boot.img and the framework-res from 142+ over, that way you get the 4 patches and the softkeys and new kernel but like I said its not worth it just for those patches

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest sej7278

Even though I am not sej I have tried both and am now on n143 and found that those patches wasnt worth the upgrade so I would recommend that you stay with 142+

I guess you could go with 143 then copy the boot.img and the framework-res from 142+ over, that way you get the 4 patches and the softkeys and new kernel but like I said its not worth it just for those patches

i agree - there's not anything interesting for bladers due in the next few nightlies - and only 2 of the 4 patches in n143 have any impact on blade.

i'm leaving off upgrades until the new kernel gets merged (see link) at that point the nightlies will overtake my n142+

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,6852

Guest Ciels

Latest nightlies drain my battery, the best nightly was 126 for battery life, although youtube didn't want to work at all.

What's the latest nightly like for battery?

Guest dadashi

Ive been using KANG-signed-20110724-n142plus for the last few days and its been working perfectly, no gps reboots / other reboots...sensors all working, good audio etc...etc... the normal nightlies have lots of issues...

thankyou to the n142plus releaser...:D

Guest xanadu

Ive been using KANG-signed-20110724-n142plus for the last few days and its been working perfectly, no gps reboots / other reboots...sensors all working, good audio etc...etc... the normal nightlies have lots of issues...

thankyou to the n142plus releaser...:D

Using it here also. Not had any reboots and everything works.

Guest Anil k Solanki

Hi there, for those interested I'm using Simon's (sej7278) N142+, and the battery life is superb. No reboots or funny business, this is the best ROM to date, hands down. I'm so glad I switched back to CM7 over a month ago.

So a big thanks to Simon, a great ROM and your blog is very enjoyable too. Also want to say a massive thanks to the Cyanogen code team, we truly are not worthy. Blade + N142+ = salad days!

Anil.

Guest horqai

Hi would like to thank Simon for the 142+ this is realy one of the best roms for now!

I wonder about the link to your blog?

Cheers Horqai

Guest sej7278

CM7 now 2.3.5 as stated above... (for Defy KANG/Jordan anyhoo)

not sure it will add much to non-nexus phones, the wimax stuff i assume is just improved wifi/3g drivers from samsung.

from an sdk point-of-view it seems to add more NFC stuff like 2.3.4 did, there's plenty going on in git.

check out the new sig!

Edited by sej7278

Guest Anil k Solanki

check out the new sig!

Hi Simon, your new signature makes life much easier for a lot of people, so thanks for that. On a side note, may I PM you regarding a Linux advice question?

Thanks. Anil.