[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Roo13

Hi,

Here is a screenshot of the values I use, works well for me

img>>http://i.imgur.com/8bsvG.png

My link was to the spreadsheet, cos I was the one who posted it. In other news, the linking to posts on this site is SO bad.

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=71188

That was it, I have mine slightly changed at the upper end, might help a tad.

Thanks for sharing your settings, that helped me to fix mine, i'll refine because in south of France sun is kind of very often present and nasty (on direct sun i get 2,6^6)!

Have you only tick "Use personnal values" in "light levels" ? Or also "Filter light sensor" or/and "Authorize lightness decrease" ? Translations are homemade, lazy to swith locale....

If there is litterature (threads, wiki,..) about this, feel free to redirect me to it..

Thanks in advance

Edited by Roo13

Guest targetbsp
Yes its a known problem.

It's not a reported issue? The reported issue was wifi preventing phone sleeping and this was fixed in RC4. I see no reported issue for wifi on all the time even when phone is sleeping. I mentioned it way back in the early days of CM in this thread but was told it was expected behaviour. After the versions where wifi kept phone awake though I noticed how much less battery was used by wifi when I have tasker switching off the wifi with screen off for me so I've stuck with that even though the sleep issue is fixed!

On another note, someone earlier suggested N34 would speed up 2d scrolling. Any views on that yet?

Edited by targetbsp

Guest The Soup Thief
in south of France sun is kind of very often present and nasty

Sounds terrible, really...

We often have that problem here in Dublin...[/sarcasm]

Guest Roo13

:D Didn't meant to make people jealous..sorry! To be true, i'm kind off missing weather variations (cloudy, rainy..) monotony is so boring..! I'll enjoy Ireland i guess!

Edited by Roo13

Guest Hans Gruber
It's not a reported issue? The reported issue was wifi preventing phone sleeping and this was fixed in RC4. I see no reported issue for wifi on all the time even when phone is sleeping. I mentioned it way back in the early days of CM in this thread but was told it was expected behaviour. After the versions where wifi kept phone awake though I noticed how much less battery was used by wifi when I have tasker switching off the wifi with screen off for me so I've stuck with that even though the sleep issue is fixed!

Yeah I couldn't see any wifi issues in the bug tracker any more so assumed that issue had been sorted and this was something different

Guest That-Guy

Just looked at the changes in the first post and found:

wimax: libhardware_legacy: fix reconnect bug and clean up dead code

Is this the wifi re-connect after sleep issue finally fixed? or am I barking up the wrong tree? lol

Is so should be in nightly 35 :D

Edited by That-Guy

Guest ThrashMan
Does autobrightness now work in N34. Does anyone else think this is useful or just me B)

Auto brightness has been working for a long time :D

Guest Roo13

It's true it is working, but i guess you'd like to change levels, see posts #718 and #724 for good advices

Edited by Roo13

Guest The Soup Thief

It's true it is working, but i guess you'd like to change levels, see [url="http://" target="_blank">here for both interesting posts quoted

hiya Roo - can you help us out with that link? Links on this forum always end up a bit mangled

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4

Already done with enjoying the loads of snow you had last december ? :D

Guest jurrasstoil

Is this the wifi re-connect after sleep issue finally fixed? or am I barking up the wrong tree? lol

not sure, but sleep seems to work fine for me on n34.

Had n31 and went from ~80% to <20% over night because i forgot to turn off wifi.

Flashed n34 yesterday, went to sleep at 71% and woke up to 71% with wifi turned on as well.

Edited by jurrasstoil

Guest stephen m
hiya Roo - can you help us out with that link? Links on this forum always end up a bit mangled

Yeah. Link seems to be broken :D

Guest That-Guy
not sure, but sleep seems to work fine for me on n34.

Had n31 and went from ~80% to <20% over night because i forgot to turn off wifi.

Flashed n34 yesterday, went to sleep at 71% and woke up to 71% with wifi turned on as well.

Hopefully it will re-connect fine for users too in N35 :D

Guest The Soup Thief
Already done with enjoying the loads of snow you had last december ? :D

I was in Australia at the time - hoping to catch some sunshine

Ended up caught up in floods B)

Turns out I'm cursed

Who knew?

Guest jurrasstoil
On another note, someone earlier suggested N34 would speed up 2d scrolling. Any views on that yet?

feels a slight bit smoother (comparing n31 with LP and n34 with LP)

Guest Michealtbh
Hi,

Thanks for sharing your settings, that helped me to fix mine, i'll refine because in south of France sun is kind of very often present and nasty (on direct sun i get 2,6^6)!

Have you only tick "Use personnal values" in "light levels" ? Or also "Filter light sensor" or/and "Authorize lightness decrease" ? Translations are homemade, lazy to swith locale....

If there is litterature (threads, wiki,..) about this, feel free to redirect me to it..

Thanks in advance

Yes, enable "Use Custom" and "Allow light decrease"

Guest targetbsp

I don't think so. Google wimax B)

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
I was in Australia at the time - hoping to catch some sunshine

Ended up caught up in floods B)

Turns out I'm cursed

Who knew?

Sorry to hear :D

Apologies for my rather inappropriate "joke".

Guest Roo13
Yes, enable "Use Custom" and "Allow light decrease"

Thanks!

Yeah. Link seems to be broken :D

I've noticed that links act weird, i was refering to posts 718 (p36) and 724 (p37)

Edited by Roo13

Guest The Soup Thief
Sorry to hear :D

Apologies for my rather inappropriate "joke".

Not a bit of it - don't fret

Just lots of crazy weather - I got out of dodge before things got really bad. I was very fortunate compared with a lot of people - just meant I came back pale, pasty and a bit soggy rather than bronzed and beautiful, as I'd planned

Anyway, I'm miles off topic - back to the subject in hand...

Word is there may be an officially stable release soon B)

Guest Poodha

2 questions.

1. Is the app2sd really fixed? Cause there are so many apps I can't transfer to the SD-card that I could when running froyo(Swedish Spring). Actually, it's quite rare that I find an app that I can transfer to the SD card with CM7. The majority of the apps listed as transerable don't work. I thought the app2sd was built in to 2.2 and upwards. Is Cyanogen using some other app2sd?

2. Anybody else having problem with the powerwidgets in the notification bar disappearing if you change theme? IIRC, I didn't have any problems using Frankish CM7 circle battery theme before. And it doesn't come back when you change back the thems.

Guest JimJam707
Not a bit of it - don't fret

Just lots of crazy weather - I got out of dodge before things got really bad. I was very fortunate compared with a lot of people - just meant I came back pale, pasty and a bit soggy rather than bronzed and beautiful, as I'd planned

Anyway, I'm miles off topic - back to the subject in hand...

Word is there may be an officially stable release soon :D

Well, their have been 2 RC's recently, I think we're getting up the stable time B)

That was a horrible sentence grammar wise. Some of the non-english people on here talk better english than me xD

Guest Asdnaattori
2 questions.

1. Is the app2sd really fixed? Cause there are so many apps I can't transfer to the SD-card that I could when running froyo(Swedish Spring). Actually, it's quite rare that I find an app that I can transfer to the SD card with CM7. The majority of the apps listed as transerable don't work. I thought the app2sd was built in to 2.2 and upwards. Is Cyanogen using some other app2sd?

2. Anybody else having problem with the powerwidgets in the notification bar disappearing if you change theme? IIRC, I didn't have any problems using Frankish CM7 circle battery theme before. And it doesn't come back when you change back the thems.

2. Yeah, I have that problem too. The powerwidgets will come back after you reboot the device though

Guest targetbsp
2 questions.

Yes it's been fixed ages (relatively speaking!) What apps are you having trouble with? Every single thing I put on the SD card works fine.