[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Benchmark wise, interactive and smartass perform equal for me and both better than On Demand. I'm not sure which of interactive or smartass is better though.

smartass (v1 at least) seems to be about battery life more than performance (interactive).

patch3: proximity ok, wifi stays on with screen off (not tried 15mins yet), will try wakelock in a minute.

antutu with sdcard test disabled @710mhz:

interactive: 1500

smartass: 1496

ondemand: 1543 (1640-1650 with sdcard)

it seems the sdcard speed ramps up the tests - so add about 120 for sdcard scores.

Edited by sej7278

Phone sleeps properly with patchset 3.

This would be the perfect ROM, if not for those annoying GPS reboots :( Seriously, I strongly hope this gets fixed before 7.1.

Edited by ufoman

usb debugging is not working for me with patch3 - even tried changing the pc's udev deviceid from 1350 to 1354 or 1351, but the notification doesn't even come up on the phone, seems to be set to 0083 now which seems to be a ZTE USB 3g modem lol!

[89800.562019] usb 2-2: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 22

[89800.678235] usb 2-2: New USB device found, idVendor=19d2, idProduct=0083

[89800.678238] usb 2-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3

[89800.678241] usb 2-2: Product: ZTE HSUSB Device

[89800.678243] usb 2-2: Manufacturer: ZTE Incorporated

[89800.678245] usb 2-2: SerialNumber: CM7-Blade

[89800.679216] scsi27 : usb-storage 2-2:1.0

in fact usb mass storage isn't even mounting now (notification is there) that's going to be a problem :(

Edited by sej7278

Guest hlubepet

usb debugging is not working for me with patch3 - even tried changing the pc's udev deviceid from 1350 to 1354 or 1351, but the notification doesn't even come up on the phone, seems to be set to 0083 now which seems to be a ZTE USB 3g modem lol!

[89800.562019] usb 2-2: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 22

[89800.678235] usb 2-2: New USB device found, idVendor=19d2, idProduct=0083

[89800.678238] usb 2-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3

[89800.678241] usb 2-2: Product: ZTE HSUSB Device

[89800.678243] usb 2-2: Manufacturer: ZTE Incorporated

[89800.678245] usb 2-2: SerialNumber: CM7-Blade

[89800.679216] scsi27 : usb-storage 2-2:1.0

and what it meens to us (=normal people) :)))))))

and what it meens to us (=normal people) :)))))))

dmesg output from linux, essentially it's identifying itself to pc's as a zte usb 3g modem, not a usb disk or adb device.

a reboot fixed it, bit odd/worrying though.

sleep is working for me too.

Edited by sej7278

Guest hlubepet

dmesg output from linux, essentially it's identifying itself to pc's as a zte usb 3g modem, not a usb disk or console.

a reboot fixed it, bit odd/worrying though.

Because I was on full wipe and forget to flash gapps, so Ive rebooted imidiately and saw normal usb debugg, so thats why I was asking :))

Guest juniperz

Bluetooth - I understand that this hasn't worked properly since some issues were introduced at N171 (a much earlier post said this).

Does anyone know whether this is likely to be fixed? Maybe it isn't a common requirement, but it's a showstopper for me.

Thanks TomG, SEJ et al.

How can I check which application keeps up a wakelock? My phone is always awake since yesterday (New maps update and some other installs)

I thought it was the Maps but even if I uninstall it the phone still not sleeps.

I killed every apps with a taskkiller, but still the same.

Edit: just read back, about the wakelock issue. It was just strange because I was still using the ond kernel.

But now time to update :)

Edited by Geree

Guest Richard_Arkless

OH MY GOD

SCROLLING IS NOT JERKY ANYMORE WITH PATCHSET 3

THE ALMOST PERFECT ROM HAS ARRIVED

THANK YOU TOM G

AND SORRY FOR CAPS, I'M JUST TOO EXCITED

I can confirm this :D, great work to tom and the rest of the guys working on the .35 kernel

I however have one bug and that is either cifs in the kernel is missing or isnt working because when I try to mound a share it says device not found, just to make sure it wasnt my server I tried loading the cifs module and it mounted the share fine

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest hlubepet

Yeah scrolling speed is better with patch 3, I've just see that, great work. Can't wait for the next level. :)

great "next level" will be performance like galaxy s2 :D

Guest atillaahun

wifi stays on with screen off (not tried 15mins yet), will try wakelock in a minute.

Sounds great! :) Have you already checked the LEDs too? If they notifying in sleep mode. ohmy.gif

Guest hlubepet

Sounds great! :) Have you already checked the LEDs too? If they notifying in sleep mode. ohmy.gif

I wanna this to be optional... coz led indicators needs cpu aware, am I right?

It seems battery took a hit with the new kernel!

I am using patch3 (thanks sej!) and in 15min I am already at 97% (8s of wifi,22 of screen, the rest is Android OS and inactivity).

Anyone having the same problem?

Guest rockstarszzzz

I am using patch3 (thanks sej!) and in 15min I am already at 97% (8s of wifi,22 of screen, the rest is Android OS and inactivity).

+1

Guest targetbsp

Not as far as I'm aware, it's coming in the future to my knowledge.

I wanna this to be optional... coz led indicators needs cpu aware, am I right?

Read this:

Notification light blinking requires the processor to be awake on blade which is not good for battery usage. When I redo the notification lights (it is coming) I plan to add an option for blinking notifications, but it will drain battery badly (there will also be an option for a solid lit led like the previous implementation which will not need the processor awake).

15 minutes is probably not long enough to judge the battery life. I'll tell you tomorrow what I think of it. :DHave you tried other versions of the new kernel? Patch 1 was fine on the battery. 2 wasn't because the phone didn't sleep. 3 fixes that problem with 2.I guess what I'm asking is are you saying patch 3 specifically has a problem or you think the new kernel generally has a problem?

Edited by targetbsp

Guest hlubepet

no draining here (full wipe, battery calibration, percentage ok - load: htc clock+weather-2h update, friendcaster 15min update)

Guest brickornot

no draining here (full wipe, battery calibration, percentage ok - load: htc clock+weather-2h update, friendcaster 15min update)

make a call and after -check if you can wake phone with any button - menu, home back..

(real call, with voice)

Guest hlubepet

make a call and after -check if you can wake phone with any button - menu, home back..

(real call, with voice)

checked with collegue on my shift at work.. its working normally everything.. your not?