[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

:( :(

see... this was the obvious thing to do...

I put back SS5... and looks like my worst nightmare come true. :(

The photo camera is not working under SS5 neither...

... the really weird thing is, that the camcorder app is functioning without any glitch if I start it first!

... if I close the camcorder app, and fire up the camera... it Force closes... and after this I can not start the Camcorder either... :(

How come the camcorder is working whatever ROM I choose ( if I start it BEFORE the camera app )... but the camera FC all the time... and after this the camcorder is dead too...

Isn't it weird?

... just to add to the "weirdness"... lgcamera is working flawlessly, both the camera and the camcorder app too...

Now, I'm puzzled... If the camera hardware would be broken then the lgcamera app wouldn't work either, would it?

Patch3 looks really promising so far! Only problem is that the wifi stays on also during sleep.

Did a series of Antutu benchmarks (without sd card tests) on 691 MHZ:

interactive: 1489, 1497, 1521, 1513, 1490 <boot> 1527, 1519, 1525

smartass: 1518, 1521, 1518, 1508, 1535 <boot> 1494, 1518, 1534

ondemand: 1487, 1494, 1467, 1515, 1485 <boot> 1490, 1524, 1482

Not that much difference between governors.

Guest targetbsp

Patch3 looks really promising so far! Only problem is that the wifi stays on also during sleep.

I think that's by design. The fact it was disconnected previously whilst the phone slept and couldn't transfer data was in fact broken for a smartphone. The wifi was still on if you consulted battery info - just not connected - now it can hold the connection. As opposed to being a problem that was the one guaranteed new feature of the kernel some people were wanting since ZTE demonstrated they'd fixed it in the leak that GSF is based on.

If you set your wifi sleep policy to screen off it goes off after 15 minutes. If you're not interested in even that (and I'm not either) use tasker or green power app to literally take it on and off with the screen.

Guest hlubepet

burstlam kernel from today, first thing is done, but second one, will be patch4 today? :)) or its allready in patch3?

v.2.4.2 (13th Sep 2011)

- Proximity wakelock fix update (Pulled from TomG)

- Accurate Battery information

Edited by hlubepet

Trying sej7278's Patch3 build, openvpn dies after authentication and successfully getting the routing information.

Logcat said:-

D/OpenVPN-DaemonMonitor[/sdcard/openvpn/ngauchai.ovpn]-daemon-stdout(  753): Tue Sep 13 17:46:50 2011 Note: Cannot open TUN/TAP dev /dev/tun: No such file or directory (errno=2)

D/OpenVPN-DaemonMonitor[/sdcard/openvpn/ngauchai.ovpn]-daemon-stdout(  753): Tue Sep 13 17:46:51 2011 Note: Attempting fallback to kernel 2.2 TUN/TAP interface

D/OpenVPNDaemonEnabler(  753): Received OpenVPN daemon state changed from Unknown to DisabledD/OpenVPN-DaemonMonitor[/sdcard/openvpn/ngauchai.ovpn]-mgmt(  753): terminated

Any idea? Thanks.

Yes, but my phone turned off completely...

and another thing I noticed, that the phone doesn't reconnect for me after sleep (15+ minutes)

Should Tom'swifi fix help for this?

I second this.

This morning after some light browsing I put my phone into sleep, and when I tried to use it again, it was completely off.

Also wifi doesn't reconnect automatically after 15 mins sleep with "When screen turns off" sleep policy enabled. However I just need to press connect on the network name in wifi settings to reconnect.

I will try another sleep policies as well.

On battery issue: my phone went down from 100% to 98% overnight (~8 hours) with airplane mode enabled.

I second this.

This morning after some light browsing I put my phone into sleep, and when I tried to use it again, it was completely off.

Also wifi doesn't reconnect automatically after 15 mins sleep with "When screen turns off" sleep policy enabled. However I just need to press connect on the network name in wifi settings to reconnect.

Same here - not able to re-connect after sleep. Luckily blade wifi fix seems to be able to fix this.

Guest targetbsp

There is a fix you can download for the wifi reconnecting but I have no idea as to whether it's compatible with this new kernel.

In case it isn't, or if you otherwise don't want to patch the rom, I find setting the wifi sleep policy to never and switching tihe wifi off with screen off and on again with screen on solves it for me. You can do this in Tasker or Green Power and probably other power saving/automation apps.

Edited by targetbsp

There is a fix you can download for the wifi reconnecting but I have no idea as to whether it's compatible with this new kernel.

In case it isn't, or if you otherwise don't want to patch the rom, I find setting the wifi sleep policy to never and switching tihe wifi off with screen off and on again with screen on solves it for me. You can do this in Tasker or Green Power and probably other power saving/automation apps.

that's a workaround not a fix, at this point we ought to be looking at fixes for this very old issue.

the wpa_supplicant fix should work i guess, its not tied to a kernel version like a .ko would be.

someone did a updater-script zip for applying the 3 files to the nightlies, has anyone tried that? i don't have time in the next couple of days for any phone stuff.

attached the patch someone did, trying it now if the phone would ever boot, jees its a massive boot time these days, what happened to 40secs?!

edit: it works in that wifi isn't broken, haven't tested if it reconnects after 15mins, but it does when the screen goes off.

EDIT: deleted attaachment as it doesn't fix wifi reconnect after sleep wth patch3 - it never turns wifi off in the first place! :(

Edited by sej7278

Guys, still one of the problems is the fact that MMS still does not work without resorting to the Internet, for those who do not have Internet tariff spend money ... I've tried installing APNs manually but still the same. Still no solution for this?

I recently spoke with the creator of the ROM in Portuguese Tejo based Cyanogen, this ROM have him MMS to work properly and asked him what he did to solve it, he replied:

"Well, the MMS run through a data connection that is configured through the APN. As a general rule, the Android 2.3 will only send if the Data (I mean, all APN) are active. What was done was in a Tejo "cheating" to this system, allowing the app would activate the MMS data and linking their logo to the APN, turning off immediately. "

sej7278 if it were possible to solve this problem was spectacular in the same way

wink.gif

Thanks

I regrettably deleted the fix just last night lol. I'll re-download it and try it again this evening if no-one else has in the meantime. :)

i attached it above. it installs and wifi works ok on top of patch3, and it reconnects after sleep, it doesn't go off instantly when the screen is off.

however i'm not sure if it just stays on rather than sleeping, so i'll have to retest after a reboot, in between work lol :D

Edited by sej7278

Now the blade w. Patch3 doesn't wake up anymore. I can call the phone, but cannot answer, the screen is dead. Probably the blade wifi fix is the culprit.

is that the market app or the zip i attached above?

certainly with the wpa_supplicant zip above, i have no wake issues, however it doesn't actually work - it never turns off wifi!

Guest ffoxsake

Now the blade w. Patch3 doesn't wake up anymore. I can call the phone, but cannot answer, the screen is dead. Probably the blade wifi fix is the culprit.

Blade Wifi Fix from the market works fine here with Patch3...

I will try another sleep policies as well.

Wifi doesn't turn off, even after 15 mins with sleep policy set to "never" but I think it is the expected behaviour.

Sej, don't you accidentally set wifi sleep policy to "never" during your test?

nope, its set to when screen is off.

patch3 stays on when the screen is off, until 15mins is up, then goes off and never comes back on again (until you reboot, or apparently turn it off and on again using the setting).

patch3 with the wpa_supplicant fix reconnects after sleep mainly as it never sleeps lol.

the wpa_supplicant fix worked fine for 2.6.32 n179+, it disconnected with the screen, turned off after 15mins and came back instantly. i guess it doesn't work with patch3 as the new kernel has a different wifi subsystem.