[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp

Is lack of updates on first post of this thread consequence of not working kernel.org ?

is there some eta to fix ?

I think the Linux Foundation are trying to break Sonys record for downtime. :P

Edited by targetbsp

Is lack of updates on first post of this thread consequence of not working kernel.org ?

is there some eta to fix ?

Good question! :)

I have a really messed up cyanogen source tree and would like to do a new fresh repo sync - the problem is repo script is relying on android.git.kernel.org instead of the proper repo script pointing to the github mirror....

As per the infamous line to get repo by doing a curl ...blah...

Is there an updated repo script anywhere as I do not see it mentioned being possibly updated to reflect the current circumstances with the github mirror also :)

Edited by t0mm13b

Is there an updated repo script anywhere as I do not see it mentioned being possibly updated to reflect the current circumstances with the github mirror also :)

this fixes it for me without touching the repo script: http://review.cyanog...om/#change,7918

that's on linux, dunno about macosx/windoze

or are you saying you don't even have the repo script?

Edited by sej7278

Guest targetbsp

Next update is gunna be a biggun' :D - and yes...I know why :P

Is this that 16 bit is good for scrolling or something else?

Or is this just a heads-up that I need a bigger system partition? :P

Edited by targetbsp

this fixes it for me without touching the repo script: http://review.cyanog...om/#change,7918

that's on linux, dunno about macosx/windoze

or are you saying you don't even have the repo script?

There's a bit of misunderstanding.

What I was trying to do was to create a clean new repo from scratch which that fix above does not work when initializing an empty repo from scratch. The thread that I made contains a linky to a blog elsewhere which had the scenario for working from scratch again (Titled Person #3 on that blog) which is what I was looking for.

The repo script will fail if you're doing a complete initializing of the repo from zero. :)

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Is this that 16 bit is good for scrolling or something else?

Or is this just a heads-up that I need a bigger system partition? :P

16 bit scrolling isn't a bad idea...surely its in gsf or something? - I've seen it in some launchers definitely...

Ahaaa I actually hope :P

On a side note "You know you are sad when you care more about Kernel.org getting hacked than Sony's servers" - Facebook status :P

I've heard about that before, but haven't look into it yet. Its not a new problem, it has always been the same.

I just posted about the zoom thing a couple of pages back. It actually works, but it won't zoom all the way to 2x. It only gets as far as ~1.5x.

Edited by sm4tik

last_kmsg will be lost in a shutdown.

The easiest way to log would be with a simple script. I use the script below run from the terminal emulator app, but if you wanted it to run on every start you could add it to init.d (just realise it will overwrite the files at startup unless you add something unique to the file names eg. a timestamp).

# !/bin/sh

cat /proc/kmsg > /sdcard/kmsg &

logcat > /sdcard/logcat

It wont run from /sdcard/, so I have it on /data/. Its not as good as last_kmsg as it will often not finish writing in a crash, but for the controlled shutdowns it should work fairly well.

This is what I did. I installed gscript lite and added the script into it. I left the "Needs su?" ticked, as I think users won't be able to run it succesfully. Didn't test it though, but I remember logcat gave an error when I ran it as user a while back. Once the script was saved, long pressed home screen > shortcuts > GScript Lite > choose script and now I have a shortcut for the script on my home screen. Hope this helps someone to have a cosy way to get decent logs :)

Edited by sm4tik

Hi all

Things are galloping along at quite a pace at the moment!

Does anyone who's using the new kernel/patches have any findings on the above?

Would changes in theses actually have any affect on how Bluetooth would work or are the bits that govern Bluetooth located elsewhere?

Thanks for your efforts.

Cheers, Paul

There is some discussion on what I think is the bluetooth problem you are having at http://review.cyanogenmod.com/7927.

As a temporary workaround for the problem you could use 'echo 2 > /proc/cpu/alignment'.

If you look in init.rc you will see alignment is currently set to 4 at boot. You could either change that to 2 and repack the boot image, or add a script in init.d to set it at boot. The code causing the problem should be fixed properly soon.

as the wifi fix and usb charging app and some other blade-specifics got merged, i thought i'd make a new build (with the softbuttons on the right so as not to obscure the date).

as we are now 71 merges past n179 i've dumped the nightly moniker, so its just called 2635p3+

usual place (took the old p3 down).

Very nice rom! The best I've had so far. Good battery life and good performance. Finally smooth scrolling in CM! I have a question. I somehow managed to overclock to 864 mhz and I't didn't reboot or heat. Nova 2 ran super cool. Today I've restarted my phone and i can no longer overclock to 864 and i don't know what did i do :o :( . Was it luck or something else? I wanna play NOVA 2 again B)

Guest targetbsp

I'm going to have a third* attempt at setting up a build environment later. A quick question: how would I get the testing libs referred to in comment 1 of the Kernel review and in Sejs signature? Thanks!

*My first 2 failures were using Ubuntu 32 bit followed by running out of disk space which ubuntu handles surprisingly badly - it wrecked itself

Guest hlubepet

as the wifi fix and usb charging app and some other blade-specifics got merged, i thought i'd make a new build (with the softbuttons on the right so as not to obscure the date).

as we are now 71 merges past n179 i've dumped the nightly moniker, so its just called 2635p3+

usual place (took the old p3 down).

gr8, thanks, downloading, flashing.... :) finally more things in my mother language (czech) :D

Edited by hlubepet

Guest Richard_Arkless

Very nice rom! The best I've had so far. Good battery life and good performance. Finally smooth scrolling in CM! I have a question. I somehow managed to overclock to 864 mhz and I't didn't reboot or heat. Nova 2 ran super cool. Today I've restarted my phone and i can no longer overclock to 864 and i don't know what did i do :o :( . Was it luck or something else? I wanna play NOVA 2 again B)

Its very unlikely that you managed to overclock it to 864mhz, it probably said it was on that clock speed but was in fact on some other stable speed

Hi, Allsmile.gif

I had tested with update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-Blade-KANG-n179-2635p3-signed.zip

Touchscreen can't worksad.gif( i knew some new driver had add. e.g.FocalTech)

Here is some log by my stock rom, hope can help to fix it.

[1: swapper]wly: Fts_i2c_read, FT5X0X_REG_FIRMID = 21.

input: Fts-touchscreen as /devices/virtual/input/input0

Fts_ts_probe: Start touchscreen Fts-touchscreen in interrupt mode

Fts FW ID read ID = 15,ret = 0

Edited by olol

Hi, Allsmile.gif

I had tested with update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-Blade-KANG-n179-2635p3-signed.zip

Touchscreen can't worksad.gif( i knew some new driver had add. e.g.FocalTech)

wasn't the focaltech driver for the latest blade (or was it v880/libra?) recently added to the 2.6.32 kernel, its probably not in 2.6.35

touchscreen works fine on my OSF gen1.

Guest brickornot

this p3plus - is it rom with all this changes and addons described in first post, above n179 and below 'what will be in next' ?

does p3plus contains all this things ?

I'm going to have a third* attempt at setting up a build environment later. A quick question: how would I get the testing libs referred to in comment 1 of the Kernel review and in Sejs signature? Thanks!

assuming you can even setup a repo without kernel.org working, to get jacob's testing libs run:

git clone https://github.com/HCDRJacob/proprietary_vendor_zte.git -b testing

then inside that there will be a blade/proprietary/ directory, replace your existing ~/cyanogenmod/vendor/zte/blade/proprietary/ directory with that.

this p3plus - is it rom with all this changes and addons described in first post, above n179 and below 'what will be in next' ?

does p3plus contains all this things ?

yup, its n179 plus the 71 commits above it in the changelog (to be in the next nightly) plus the 2.6.35 patch3 kernel and softbuttons

oh it doesn't include the top commit: Revert "blade: Add USB accessory support" but i can't see it will be a problem as there is no usb accessory support in the kernel anyway, the revert is basically taking out a useless commit.

Edited by sej7278

no, it's here sad.gif

at the moment i'm just using tom_g's gerrit commits, not compiling the kernel myself so i wouldn't have pulled that in.

looks like kalltkaffe has fixed the incredibly long boot sequence (on v9, tom_g merged it into blade) and tom_g added tun support back in.

patch4 should be great!

Edited by sej7278