[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

@sej7278

can you give your work, p3plus etc to cm team so they can officially publish it, improve etc... ?

tom_g's kernel is being reviewed in gerrit, which is the cm7 system. i'd expect patch4 before it gets merged into the nightlies, plus jacob's libs would have to be merged from github too.

at the moment its a bit pointless going backwards to n200

again, all i'm doing is compiling a mixture of patches that the cm7 team haven't signed off for general release yet, its not really my work.

Guest hlubepet

I've experienced a GPS reboot yesterday using P3+, using CoPilot, that was trying to get a location fix.

was on co-pilot for more than 2 hours without any issue.... worked excelent, but on p3+2, co-pilot version 8.2.0.368

Guest The_Duck

Anyone have any ideas on what might cause a reboot when I have my Blade plugged into USB and try to turn on USB storage ? I don't get a full reboot... it just starts at the CM7 Skateboarder logo.

I am running Sej's 2635+3patches build.

Thing is tho, I had the same behaviour in the 179 Nightly build. I did the upgrade thinking it may be a bug in the old build.

My SDCard seems to be fine as I can put it into an adapter and stick it in the laptop with no issues to read and write to it.

I also noted that on my XP build at work it seemed to work OK. I run Win7 at home.

Maybe something funky with Win7 ??

No... I have not yet done a full wipe, however I did a full wipe when I went to 179 (from GSF B22).

Duck

Edited by The_Duck

Guest targetbsp

And I think this p3+2 drain little more battery on my blade, don't know why.

[edit]

This is a false alarm. Ignore the below post.

[/edit]

I concur. My early impressions are that P3Plus2 absolutely canes the battery for no reason that I can determine. :S

My phone was down to 5% this morning and I airplane overnight and generally lose < 1%. I don't know what percentage it was last night but if it was low it would have been on charge overnight. This morning I rebooted it in case something bad was running and charged it to 100%. And I'm already down 7% in an hour and a half of idle.

Just checked and thankfully I have a copy of P3Plus in my recycle bin :D

Unless we get more such reports though, I'll continue to test P2 for a bit in case I did have something bad running last night and it co-incidentally didn't charge fully this morning for some reason.

Edited by targetbsp

And I think this p3+2 drain little more battery on my blade, don't know why.

I confirm, to address this problem I did a wipe data, wipe cache, wipe Dalvik, format system.

I installed the p3 + 2 and gaps06/2011 and then everything is back to normal.

Edited by Mousses

Yes on N200 it's the same problem. Flash N179.

apparently the blade proprietary libraries got left out when they re-synced the buildbot. surprising n199/200 work at all really!

i'm not seeing battery issues with 2635p3+2

mousses, which build fixed it for you p3+2 or just p3+, or was it wiping data that fixed it?

there shouldn't be much difference between p3+ and p3+2 its one minor revert and 3 defconfig changes unrelated to battery. i guess my build environment differs to tom_g's, but it should be in favour of me (newer gcc etc).

Edited by sej7278

Guest targetbsp

Yeah I think it was a false alarm on the battery front. My bad! It seems to have been fine since. I think it was just as my edit says, the co-incidence of a bad app running overnight and the battery gauge lying about being 100% charged as it does on occasion!

Last night was weird. No wakelocks reported but about phone was reporting that a game that I have (but hadn't played for a few weeks!) had used over 50% of the battery. A friend was playing Plants Vs Zombies on it yesterday and it's possible he also played the other game but he didn't to my knowledge. This morning Task Manager didn't show said game loaded which is weird. Meh, I'm writing it off as something weird that happened one day. :D

which build fixed it for you p3+2 or just p3+, or was it wiping data that fixed it?

I installed 2635p3+2 and gapps-gb-20110613.

Edited by Mousses

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Oh yeaaaaah N200 :D

-Also-

I was pondering on as to why some things, like text input boxes and the power menu can't be themed with theme chooser. I looked at thememanager.apk and themechooser.apk and nothing is ommiting certain files. Where else do I need to check?

Guest arkannis

Are the random shutdowns fixed in 2635p3+2?

edit: just saw that patch 4 was uploaded, I will wait for feedback in the chapter of the random shutdowns.

Edited by arkannis