[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp

where to download kernel 2.6.35 patch5 to CM7 to update any night build. ??

Available here: http://www.the-jedi..../downloads/cm7/

The current nightlies are broken. But those of us who like the latest version of stuffs are mostly using the above linked files which would be even newer than the nightlies (it has a shiny new kernel) even if the nightlies did work. :)

Edited by targetbsp

Guest targetbsp

Why? You clearly can't argue that the nghtlies are more stable right now... :D

The new kernel is faster, smoother and the wifi stays on.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Well any reports about this patch 5 ? i'm very happy with patch 3 since now, so I look around if I can see any reason to upgrade, patch 3+2 have really some problems with my blade.

Guest rockstarszzzz

Well any reports about this patch 5 ? i'm very happy with patch 3 since now, so I look around if I can see any reason to upgrade, patch 3+2 have really some problems with my blade.

+1

Anyone tried patch 5 yet? Any feedback?

I am well happy with Patch3+ and have got excellent battery and smoothness in 2D scrolling.

Are there any major benefits of patch 5? Change log perhaps?

(scrolling back few posts to dig one up)...

No more stable but some people use self builded ROM because for some days no offcial nightly. For me and some people use ROM Manager to flash new nigtly when this inform that is new nigtly is the best way. I download and flash using ROM Manager through WiFi.

I will be happy if CM group add Smart Dial to build in dialer for this. I must use Dialer One.

Edited by Simono

Guest Gazda Jezda

Maybe because it's official & because old nightlies ARE more stable, at least in my case. With p3, i have experienced 3 just-like-that shutdowns in few days (i never ever had this kind of shutdown from nowhere before), so i revert back to my last backup & will wait for next working nightly. I admire your work, but i need a fully working phone so I can live with a slower scrolling (old kernel) :)

Maybe I miss somethings. What's exactly the changelog for patch5 compare to patch3 please ?

depends what patch3 you're talking about.

from a kernel perspective look at gerrit and github - essentially focaltech touchscreen support, a possible fix for the overheat reboots, faster boot, openvpn tun support.

from a test-build perspective, other than the overheat fix and a few more merges since (takes it to n201 level) p3+2 is not much difference to p5.

i can't remember the differences as far back as p3 or p3+, possibly wifi reconnect fix? search the thread.

at least it works, unlike n199/200/201 :D

Edited by sej7278

well i flashed patch5 and got a reboot have half through downloading a new google docs.

oddly enough i didn't get a reboot when trying google maps with the gps on.

both of which are kind of the opposite of what i'd expect from the new kernel lol.

edit: can't get it to reboot at all now

Bad luck with market and yet another google app maybe <_<

Just for a test I downloaded (wget) one of the nightlies an while doing so I updated Titenium Backup and also recieved a call. No problems, download was fine. Also still no gps reboot with maps5.7.0 installed in /system, re-tested it after clearing maps cache/data. But as I reported earlier in the thread, I didn't get a gps reboot with this setup and an earlier patchset either :unsure:

Maybe because it's official & because old nightlies ARE more stable, at least in my case. With p3, i have experienced 3 just-like-that shutdowns in few days (i never ever had this kind of shutdown from nowhere before), so i revert back to my last backup & will wait for next working nightly. I admire your work, but i need a fully working phone so I can live with a slower scrolling (old kernel) :)

Just out of curiosity, did you try to reflash with a full wipe?

Bad luck with market and yet another google app maybe <_<

Just for a test I downloaded (wget) one of the nightlies an while doing so I updated Titenium Backup and also recieved a call. No problems, download was fine. Also still no gps reboot with maps5.7.0 installed in /system, re-tested it after clearing maps cache/data. But as I reported earlier in the thread, I didn't get a gps reboot with this setup and an earlier patchset either :unsure:

seems rock solid for me now, probably first boot blues. i'd say patch5 is the one to get merged, although with the buildbot as it is, might not be the time.

i really have tried to get gps reboots, its not usually hard with google maps, oddly enough the cgroup stuff that was supposed to fix gps reboots was removed from patch5 kernel lol.

so you going to go back to the "stable" nightlies that don't even work then? :D

so you going to go back to the "stable" nightlies that don't even work then? :D

Not exactly. Yes WiFi disconnect, but I often use GPRS. For me official N179 work stable without reboot for about 17 days :)

I love your work because someone test new not yet merged patches :)

Edited by Simono

Make that: wifi stays on without eating the battery - it's great!

Guest Chris Banks

Is a full wipe necessary / recommended when updating to the new kernel?

I've flashed it without doing so and seems to be ok, so far.

Been unable to follow this thread for past few weeks, looked back a fair few pages but didn't see anything.

Thanks

Guest spaceguy

Just redo the tpt. Wbaw's latest version uses 160mb /system partition.

I have change partition sizes witch wbaw TPT v4 witch system partition 138MB and have 4MB free space on leatest official n179 so for me it is OK.

do you think i can use this v4 tpt i I already have a Gen2? i did a tpt long time ago when I upgraded my blade to Gen2...

Guest spaceguy

Yes You can use again wbaw TPT in newer version but You will be lose anything on the phone and after that flash CM7. All is described in TPT thread wbaw TPT

thank you.

I just found out this thread too

http://android.modac...ded-gen2-blade/

seems like there is a tpt recommended for Gen2 phones;)

EDIT: as you said, it seems a lot more convenient to use Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v9-custom.zip to make everything simple

Edited by spaceguy

Guest Gazda Jezda

No. I only did dalvik-wipe, so it may be that this is source of my unexpected shutdown's. My coworker did full wipe and he don't have problems with shutdowns, but 2 hour ago his Blade just gor rebooted during a call - i ve been near and see it. Also, on the forum there is a lot of similar posts, so there must be something on that. But anyway, i'm definitely not whining & i'm wiling to wait another few days on official nightly, so...please, take your time and develop that patch to be bulletproof :)

Just out of curiosity, did you try to reflash with a full wipe?

Edited by Gazda Jezda

Guest jackal-sk

Make that: wifi stays on without eating the battery - it's great!

Can anyone clarify this for me ?

Does this mean the wifi reconnects back when screen on or is it connected always ? In the latter case, how could that not drain the battery more ?

I had 3 shutdowns in last one hour with patch set 5

For me it's much more worse than patch set 3

I had only 2 shutdowns with patch set 3 in one week

WHERE ARE THE LOGS?!?!

If people aren't going to provide logs I'm not going to try to fix it (how can I, it doesn't happen on either of my blades). I guessed that extending the time we ignore temperatures might help, but there is really no reason why it should be longer than it was with 2.6.32, other than that there isn't much I can do with absolutely no information about the problem. It may be a totally new problem unrelated to the issues we had with the old kernel and without logs there is no way to know.