[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

on 2.6.35? that looks very wrong. they should be about a 10th of that.

yup, just did 2.6.35 patch6 again and got hi=3978, lo=3182, its always been around 4000/3000 even with 2.6.32

i have got a screen protector which seems to cover the light sensors, so may not be 100% accurate.

People who have TFT Screen, got values from 500 to 1000.

People who have OLED Screen, got values from 4000 to 5000.

At least is what i noticed.

I have TFT screen with values 3000 to 5000

mine is tft.

it depends on how long you put the phone next to your ear before dropping.

hi 886

low 709

also I noticed in that patchset where the screen would go off but not on again, that any value below 1000 was good. above that it wouldn't even go off.

mine is tft.

it depends on how long you put the phone next to your ear before dropping.

hi 886

low 709

also I noticed in that patchset where the screen would go off but not on again, that any value below 1000 was good. above that it wouldn't even go off.

pretty sure you're not supposed to put the phone to your ear or cover the light sensor when calibrating.

Guest SebbesApa

I have a oled with "values from 500 to 1000".

First of all, many thanks to everybody who has been working on CyanogenMod for the Blade. I have installed KANG-2635p5 and all seems good so far.

Proximity values are:

prox_theshold_hi = 481

prox_theshold_lo = 385

Does the 2.6.35 kernel used in KANG-2635p5 support the USB Accessory?

Looking at the kernel source (TomG kernel source - assuming that is the correct source) it does not have f_accessory.c file that is present in other kernels that do support USB Accessory (e.g. Samsung Crespo kernel).

If USB Accessory is not currently supported then does anybody know if support is possible and what work is required to implement it?

USB accessory is currently not supported. It is also not supported in the latest CAF code, so no surprise that our kernel based on older CAF code doesn't include it. It will be added later and one of the other CM developers has already added support to the kernel, but he was unable to test it (a problem with the ADK, not the blade). I'm waiting on his patches to test it, but if that doesn't lead anywhere I'll do it myself when I have some time. I'm sure you can understand that fixing the problem are the first priority before adding new features.

yup, just did 2.6.35 patch6 again and got hi=3978, lo=3182, its always been around 4000/3000 even with 2.6.32

i have got a screen protector which seems to cover the light sensors, so may not be 100% accurate.

That's normal for 2.6.32, but not for 2.6.35.

I have an OLED. In 2.6.32 I got around 3200 to 4000. In 2.6.35 I get 300 to 380 in a dark room, 370 to 460 with good lighting (10000 lux on the light sensor).

I haven't tested my v880 yet.

Built a Patch6 image yesterday evening, old OLED blade GEN1, used windows tool to get to GEN2, my readings are:

hi = 4105

lo = 3284

@Tom G: It's definitely your original patchset 6 binary kernel.

Edited by TheDOC1

Guest targetbsp

how to check this ?

Using the ZTE Blade Settings app, hit calibration, wait until it says it's done then data. It's only useful to share the info right now if you're using the new kernel rather than a nightly.

Guest massycat

USB accessory is currently not supported. It is also not supported in the latest CAF code, so no surprise that our kernel based on older CAF code doesn't include it. It will be added later and one of the other CM developers has already added support to the kernel, but he was unable to test it (a problem with the ADK, not the blade). I'm waiting on his patches to test it, but if that doesn't lead anywhere I'll do it myself when I have some time. I'm sure you can understand that fixing the problem are the first priority before adding new features.

Thanks for the reply and, of course, fixing problems is more important.

Good to hear that support is likely to come along at some point and, again, thanks for your blade work.

That's normal for 2.6.32, but not for 2.6.35.

After a wipe data/factory reset and wipe dalvik cache from clockworkmod my values are:

hi: 380

lo: 300

After calibration:

hi: 478

lo: 382

So full wipe seems to be really neccessary before upgrade to new kernel

Edited by Benoe

just tried it over adb, deleted the file in /data in case it was just reading it in.

first try was with the phone vertical, pointing out the window on a sunny day. second was phone horizontal away from the window.

so it seems the brighter the phone, the higher the values, so you ~300 guys must all be sitting in the dark or covering the sensor or something lol

# rm /data/misc/prox_data.txt

# ./prox_cal -c

Calibrated proximity sensor

# ./prox_cal -d

prox_theshold_hi = 5347

prox_theshold_lo = 4278

prox_int_time = 238

prox_adc_time = 238

prox_wait_time = 246

prox_intr_filter = 0

prox_config = 0

prox_pulse_cnt = 8

prox_gain = 32

# ./prox_cal -c

Calibrated proximity sensor

# ./prox_cal -d

prox_theshold_hi = 4081

prox_theshold_lo = 3265

prox_int_time = 238

prox_adc_time = 238

prox_wait_time = 246

prox_intr_filter = 0

prox_config = 0

prox_pulse_cnt = 8

prox_gain = 32

so it seems the brighter the phone, the higher the values, so you ~300 guys must all be sitting in the dark or covering the sensor or something lol

My phone's positon was exactly the same, lying on my desk in front of me, when I calibrated the ~4000 values and later, after wipe data, the ~400 values.

I'm curious if phones with ~4000 values had factory reset before the test.

My phone's positon was exactly the same, lying on my desk in front of me, when I calibrated the ~4000 values and later, after wipe data, the ~400 values.

I'm curious if phones with ~4000 values had factory reset before the test.

Back when the 2.6.35 patch was originally made available I mentioned that recalibration would be needed. On some devices (like mine) the values have changed hugely between the kernels, if you had run the calibration on the old kernel and not re-run it on the new kernel you would get that reset. Factory reset shouldn't matter, the calibration file should be overwritten by re-running the calibration, and even if it isn't the values shown in the calibration app aren't read from file, they are read from the kernel. When the calibration is done the kernel values are updated, on subsequent boots they are read from file and reloaded to the kernel.

It looks like values are going to vary a lot between devices, so finding defaults that work for everyone may not be possible.

Built a Patch6 image yesterday evening, old OLED blade GEN1, used windows tool to get to GEN2, my readings are:

hi = 4105

lo = 3284

I can confirm that after I have done a factory reset (wipe), my values are 420 and 336 now. That is after the calibration of my virgin device of course.

Guest targetbsp

just tried it over adb, deleted the file in /data in case it was just reading it in.

first try was with the phone vertical, pointing out the window on a sunny day. second was phone horizontal away from the window.

My reading was in doors with the light on (and a full spectrum daylight bulb at that).

Held up to sunlight through a window the max it manages is 384 to 480

Outside in shade or sun it says 'something went wrong aborting'

I can't get close to your reading!