[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Andreasz

Patch Set 7 is out :

vendors libs have been updated again, so pull them if building. I think this one should fix the outstanding issues.

edit :few sec to late

Edited by Andreasz

Guest jackal-sk

Have anyone else noticed the battery life to be noticably worse than the "official" N179- builds ?

In two hours i got 8 % down while not using the phone at all. It was in a deep sleep.

Guest targetbsp

Have anyone else noticed the battery life to be noticably worse than the "official" N179- builds ?

In two hours i got 8 % down while not using the phone at all. It was in a deep sleep.

I had a pretty rapid 7% drop on one of the builds and then it was perfectly fine. I think it just wasn't quite as fully charged as it claimed to be. Leave it for a longer period before drawing any conclusions.

Guest jackal-sk

I had a pretty rapid 7% drop on one of the builds and then it was perfectly fine. I think it just wasn't quite as fully charged as it claimed to be. Leave it for a longer period before drawing any conclusions.

Thanks, I was worried. It is also a brand new blade so the battery might not be at its best yet, I've just realized.

2D graphics performance is very, very good with the new kernel. Where do the improvements come from? Which change exactly is it?

The improvements largely aren't from the kernel, its just other things that I've rolled into the same patch. The kernel and accompanying gpu libs improved performance a bit, the updated copybit lib probably helps, but the biggest improvement appears to be from using 16 bit for transparent surfaces (apparently the hardware can only do 16bpp, so it was doing the rendering in software).

The improvements largely aren't from the kernel, its just other things that I've rolled into the same patch. The kernel and accompanying gpu libs improved performance a bit, the updated copybit lib probably helps, but the biggest improvement appears to be from using 16 bit for transparent surfaces (apparently the hardware can only do 16bpp, so it was doing the rendering in software).

What's the difference now between patchset 5 and 7? Could you do anything with random shutdowns?

Patch Set 7 is out, thanks to Tom G!

Sej, pls start your building engine :)

patch7 is up, trying it out now: download

not convinced about these new libs - gps jumps all over the place, but when it does settle its much more accurate, like a couple of meters.

brightness goes up and down a bit too.

google+ updated with the screen off, its nice not to have to keep poking the screen whilst market downloads!

trying the dreaded camera now, its been a good few minutes without shutting down (way more than 5 that triggered it before) so could well be fixed...

then i'll give it a reboot to test a bit further

Edited by sej7278

You only have to do it once!

And was working out of the box before, should probably not be mandatory.

Anyway : 565, 452 (but seeing the large set of values, this is probably not helpful).

Edited by u116040

Mirror for CM7 KANG p7 please. The http://www.the-jedi..../downloads/cm7/ is down...

you've been running a download manager haven't you? that will result in a 24 hour ban now i'm afraid.

i was getting too much bandwidth wasted by badly-written download managers that were not listening to error codes etc; or were downloading 20 full versions of the 90mb file rather than just chunks of it. one guy made over 2000 connections in 2 hours yesterday!

the download page does say no download accelerators, but people kept using them.

It's fine for me. Do you have a download manager? It says it bans users of download managers.

Yes, but I tried with another browser and the problem continues, the page does not even open!

you've been running a download manager haven't you? that will result in a 24 hour ban now i'm afraid.

i was getting too much bandwidth wasted by badly-written download managers that were not listening to error codes etc; or were downloading 20 full versions of the 90mb file rather than just chunks of it. one guy made over 2000 connections in 2 hours yesterday!

the download page does say no download accelerators, but people kept using them.

Ok, sorry did not know. You can upload a hosting site?

Yes, but I tried with another browser and the problem continues, the page does not even open!

no you get dropped on the firewall completely. i'll see if i can figure out how to release the ban for now, you the 3mobile guy or the ctinets one?

no you get dropped on the firewall completely. i'll see if i can figure out how to release the ban for now, you the 3mobile guy or the ctinets one?

No, net of Portugal. Maybe appear anything telecom.pt...

Edit: dsl.telepac.pt

Edited by asm19

I should have probably write this in here, since its cm7 & kang rom related. I'm just letting others (and possibly the devs) know.

this is a kang, nothing official, its just not worth a whole new thread to talk about 3d performance and its not going to get fixed there. it should actually be faster with the new kernel and libs.

try as i might i can't get patch7 to crash!