[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest ritterkeks

Has anybody else tried "Business calendar free" with patch7? I'm getting incorrect rendering in week/multi-day view.

Ahm jup, just noticed them today.. weird thing this is. I was wondering, if its been the new update that broke it?

Regarding the crackling sounds: Yes, when no audio is playing (paused, etc), there is no light noise, makes sense.

But does anyone else notice periodical clack sounds WHEN audio is off? It occurs sometimes, but not only on the cheap speakers at work, but also with my GFs sound system. On my sony system its very quiet though...

Weird thing, always reminds me to choose a new album or unplug the blade.

Seems fine to me. Its performance has always varied by level though. Do you have a particular level causing trouble?

Thanks for testing this. Re-installed P7 after formatting the sdcard (and full wipe), and now the performance is ok again.

I've an 128 MB ext partition on my sdcard that seems to cause some trouble when left unformatted upon installing roms. Weird.

i've just noticed with patch7 that when you use eject from linux, it uses the old behaviour of still requiring you to press the orange android to turn off usb mass storage.

i prefer this, as it mimics the behaviour seen when you "safely eject drive" or use umount.

Guest targetbsp

Just to make clear, I mean while you play a song that fades in (easier to hear if you can find a song that does this slowly), the silent part is ok (maybe.. or then there is a high pitch squeeeeee) but when there is even the slightest sound on the track I'm hearing an almost modem-like zztwwggigzshshzt sound. The zwiggling crackle disappears if volume exceeds a certain (quite low) level. Now that I've played more with it, turning on eq doesn't take it all out, but does make a big difference! Pausing a song still produces additional noise/sqeeking.. depending on what's going on when you do it??

For sure, blade's got crappy audio h/w, but now I know there is a way to do something about it :)

edit: this is just something that I found interesting, but still I wouldn't recommend a blade for listening music in a million years :P

I don't think i've ever heard that? There's a general low level lack of silence during fade in and outs but I think we've established that's caused by using headphones other than those supplied.

Well, is this known officially, or should we open a bug for it?

Does this only affect the Blade or all builds?

I think only the blade, because other builds have no difference in build size to their older builds

dont think you can open a bug for it, its not related to the blade directly?!

If someone want to leatest working official nightly below is solution, I don't try it yet.

Source is from Cyanogenmod forum

Anyway, if you don't want to wait until they solve this issue, you can download nightly 179 and copy the proprietary files into any other nightly zip. These are the files:

system/bin/akmd2

system/bin/hci_qcomm_init

system/bin/qmuxd

system/etc/firmware/yamato_pfp.fw

system/etc/firmware/yamato_pm4.fw

system/etc/init.qcom.bt.sh

system/etc/permissions/android.software.live_wallpaper.xml

system/lib/egl/libEGL_adreno200.so

system/lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_adreno200.so

system/lib/egl/libGLESv2_adreno200.so

system/lib/egl/libq3dtools_adreno200.so

system/lib/hw/lights.msm7k.so

system/lib/libOmxAacDec.so

system/lib/libOmxAacEnc.so

system/lib/libOmxAdpcmDec.so

system/lib/libOmxAmrDec.so

system/lib/libOmxAmrEnc.so

system/lib/libOmxAmrRtpDec.so

system/lib/libOmxAmrwbDec.so

system/lib/libOmxEvrcDec.so

system/lib/libOmxEvrcEnc.so

system/lib/libOmxH264Dec.so

system/lib/libOmxMp3Dec.so

system/lib/libOmxMpeg4Dec.so

system/lib/libOmxQcelp13Enc.so

system/lib/libOmxQcelpDec.so

system/lib/libOmxVidEnc.so

system/lib/libOmxWmaDec.so

system/lib/libOmxWmvDec.so

system/lib/libauth.so

system/lib/libcm.so

system/lib/libdiag.so

system/lib/libdll.so

system/lib/libdsm.so

system/lib/libdss.so

system/lib/libgsdi_exp.so

system/lib/libgsl.so

system/lib/libgstk_exp.so

system/lib/libmm-adspsvc.so

system/lib/libmmgsdilib.so

system/lib/libmmipl.so

system/lib/libmmjpeg.so

system/lib/libnv.so

system/lib/liboemcamera.so

system/lib/libomx_aacdec_sharedlibrary.so

system/lib/libomx_amrdec_sharedlibrary.so

system/lib/libomx_amrenc_sharedlibrary.so

system/lib/libomx_avcdec_sharedlibrary.so

system/lib/libomx_m4vdec_sharedlibrary.so

system/lib/libomx_mp3dec_sharedlibrary.so

system/lib/libomx_sharedlibrary.so

system/lib/liboncrpc.so

system/lib/libpbmlib.so

system/lib/libqmi.so

system/lib/libqueue.so

system/lib/libril-qc-1.so

system/lib/libril-qcril-hook-oem.so

system/lib/libwms.so

system/lib/libwmsts.so

android.software.live_wallpaper.xml actually is not a proprietary file, but seems they have removed it. I don't understand why.

Guest maleficum

i just came to USA, I was on N179, I bought a T-mobile line and I had no problem connecting to the network. But when I updated to the newly released nightlies I cannot get a signal anymore. Is that a bug or is it because I'm in the US. When I go back to N179, then I can connect again.

Yes because nightly after N179 are broken (missing some files for Blade). I write solution from forum cyanogenmod. You can flash again N179 to have working phone.

Edited by Simono

i just came to USA, I was on N179, I bought a T-mobile line and I had no problem connecting to the network. But when I updated to the newly released nightlies I cannot get a signal anymore. Is that a bug or is it because I'm in the US. When I go back to N179, then I can connect again.

EDIT: Simono was faster and more tolerant.

Edited by Benoe

Kind of been out of the loop for a little bit with the progress of cm7 development for the blade, from what I've gathered skimming through the last few pages is the n179 is the way to go atm along with that patch7? Are there any other patches that I should be aware of? And all of this works with latest clockworkmod I assume?

Thanks

Guest targetbsp

The p7 download from sej is an entire rom compiled from the CM source with the new kernel, it's not a patch for N179. The choice is basically *either* N179 or p7. And in case you're wondering, you want p7. :)

Edited by targetbsp

Can any one else confirm that LIBAUDIO fault is back?

My speaker is hissing ON KANG P5.. Does P7 Solve this?

Libaudio Patch is still on my pc can i patch over the top of KANG p5?

Guest SkiesOfAzel

Just to make clear, I mean while you play a song that fades in (easier to hear if you can find a song that does this slowly), the silent part is ok (maybe.. or then there is a high pitch squeeeeee) but when there is even the slightest sound on the track I'm hearing an almost modem-like zztwwggigzshshzt sound. The zwiggling crackle disappears if volume exceeds a certain (quite low) level. Now that I've played more with it, turning on eq doesn't take it all out, but does make a big difference! Pausing a song still produces additional noise/sqeeking.. depending on what's going on when you do it??

For sure, blade's got crappy audio h/w, but now I know there is a way to do something about it :)

edit: this is just something that I found interesting, but still I wouldn't recommend a blade for listening music in a million years :P

Yea, i can't stand the crappy dac anymore, but the only phones i know that are decent devices and have the wolfson dac are the galaxy S which is kind of old by now, and the optimus 2x which used to have crappy sound drivers. Still, since voodoo is out for the Optimus 2x i will probably get one of these (and yes, i know that LG software support is abysmal, but thank god there is Cyanogen ;)) .

Guest -Seymour-

Hey guys,

I am on P7 with full wipe.

I'm still facing many (random) reboots. After flashing P7 it was stable for some time before crashing once every 10-20 minutes. After countless crashes it was stable for the whole evening and during the night but about half an hour after listening to an audio book the reboots started again. Now it's stable again since ~2 hours.

Any clues how to prevent these reboots?

Also I still have problems with bluetooth. Connecting to my JVC car radio is not possible. Connection breaks right after establishing. Thought this issue was fixed in P7?

But it's still a great ROM! ;)

Guest Chris Banks

Hey guys,

I am on P7 with full wipe.

I'm still facing many (random) reboots. After flashing P7 it was stable for some time before crashing once every 10-20 minutes. After countless crashes it was stable for the whole evening and during the night but about half an hour after listening to an audio book the reboots started again. Now it's stable again since ~2 hours.

Any clues how to prevent these reboots?

Also I still have problems with bluetooth. Connecting to my JVC car radio is not possible. Connection breaks right after establishing. Thought this issue was fixed in P7?

But it's still a great ROM! ;)

Are overclocking?

Was it a clean install?

logs?

Guest -Seymour-

No overclocking.

Clean install.

Sry, I don't have any logging active because I never had problems with the nightlies. How do I provide logs? Do I have to install a logging app or can it be extracted from the system?

- edit -

stable for more than 3 hours, then crashed again while downloading aLogcat ^^

- edit -

after 2 more crashes during download (GPRS) of aLogcat I finally have it installed.

So do I have to upload now? Filter for anything? The logs is quite long yet.

Edited by -Seymour-

Guest targetbsp

Bad flash? Maybe try just re-flashing it. Considering everyone else says it's rock solid, you'd expect if there is any crash condition that it would be exceedingly rare. So the odds of you being unlucky enough to get frequent crashes seems fairly unlikely!