[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

N208 : new kernel - First observations

bad:

- The games EA Tetris, Turbofly and raging thunder 2 do not work anymore, they FC (they all worked on N173 and turbofly and raging thunder worked on GSF)

- Trying to open the EQ section in player pro makes the program FC (worked in GSF and N173)

- Performance of the game 'fruit ninja' is bad (was bad on gsf, was excellent on N173)

- the new lockscreen, but that's easily changed ;)

good:

- Very good 2D performance

- fast boot time

- no more random audio stutter

- no more reboots when plugging in 3th party charger

Untested:

-Bluetooth

-GPS navigation

-Battery life

I will make logcats of the FC's and send them to TomG

So far good, a few annoyances, nothing major :)

bad:

- The games EA Tetris, Turbofly and raging thunder 2 do not work anymore, they FC (they all worked on N173 and turbofly and raging thunder worked on GSF)

- Trying to open the EQ section in player pro makes the program FC (worked in GSF and N173)

- Performance of the game 'fruit ninja' is bad (was bad on gsf, was excellent on N173)

Im having great performance in "Fruit Ninja Free" It even seems smoother than in gfs and previous versions of cm7 build with old kernel.(Smashing allot of fruit, while using two fingers)

Edited by Ythle

Guest ritterkeks

so is this caused by the old libs implemented, as mentioned by sej?

question is, will he be putting up an updated build with the new libs?

but are there any real flaws with the nightly, because all the issues i was watching should be merged now.

bluetooth, gps,...?

but are there any real flaws with the nightly, because all the issues i was watching should be merged now.

bluetooth, gps,...?

the new libs are in n208

seems to me the only problems people are seeing is with games and iffy benchmark apps when overclocking, so not a big issue.

its not like there wasn't plenty of opportunity to test before the new kernel/libs got merged.....

Edited by sej7278

Guest targetbsp

I don't think anyone has actually made a successful game performance complaint yet have they? Without subsequent posters saying 'it's great for me' and then the original poster sheepishly admitting they were wrong. :) This rom rocks at games. :D

Guest jackal-sk

Some 3d games have lags which were not present in Ns before. All in all the rom is great, fast, no bugs, indeed superb battery life compared to previous releases. Gaming is a marginal thing and hopefully will get fixed/put into same state as was before.

Guest targetbsp

GSF 27 apparently has LED notifications whilst sleeping! Not tried it but I'll have a play with that this evening

Just tried it. As far as I can tell it's even fixed the bug the original CM implantation had where the led sticks on if you respond to the event whilst the screen is off but phone awake. :) The only (minor) issue being that it seems to use a green LED irrespective of the colour used by the notification in question.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest targetbsp

bad:

- the new lockscreen, but that's easily changed ;)

Turbo Fly and Raging Thunder 2 work fine for me (the lite versions of them anyway). There are 5 releases of EA Tetris on the market. The market says 4 of them are not compatible with the Blade. The one that is compatible, the paid for version from EA Netherlands, worked fine for me.

I can confirm Player Pro's EQ crashes in CM7 despite working in GSF

Someone else has already commented that Fruit Ninja is fine so I didn't test that one.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Kamikaze.

Damn! Kang's Rom stopped working... I once rebooted the phone myself, and after it booted up completely, it rebooted again... I also tried N206(it was in my SD), but it did the same thing... I dl'd N208 and transferred it to my phone. I will try it at work... What the hell is wrongwith my phone? I think I will try not to restore apps and see how it works... :unsure:

Turbo Fly and Raging Thunder 2 work fine for me (the lite versions of them anyway). There are 5 releases of EA Tetris on the market. The market says 4 of them are not compatible with the Blade. The one that is compatible, the paid for version from EA Netherlands, worked fine for me.

I can confirm Player Pro's EQ crashes in CM7 despite working in GSF

Someone else has already commented that Fruit Ninja is fine so I didn't test that one.

-Fruit ninja is playable, but less smooth, so it's ok yes

-I will look for updates for the other two games (they are uhm, not that offficial *red face*)

-The EQ section does not bother me too much since we have DSP manager

-LED notifications would be awesome though

Edited by Psyloid

Guest ojconcentrate

could someone update http://wiki.modaco.c...ade_CyanogenMod

this page was essential to me when i first got my first blade at the begining of the month. Lots of information on that page are not outdated (known bugs, ROM recommendations). The worst part is: CyanogenMod for the Blade still contains many bugs. For people who "just want the phone to work" it is probably not the right choice at the moment (but it is getting better quickly).

While this may have been true at the begining of the months its not true anymore. the currently niglty 208 is great, stable, fixes most of the issues listed on this page.

Maybe even include a section recommending new users to do a full wipe before installing latest nightly from any old version (or old kernel) and something about proximity callibration. maybe remove the section where it says wifi doesn't reconnect, say that wifi now works in deep sleep mode etc.

Edited by ojconcentrate

Guest Kamikaze.
@Kamikaze

Check SD card.

What do you mean? Anyways, I'm back on Gsf, didn't get 208 work, it even rebooted itself while in bootanimation! I can't find any solution to my problem. I tried everything. I tried to install all my apps to internal, didn't work. I wiped data, cache, dalvik, and fixed permission, but no. I'm happy with Gsf, but I like Cm more... I wonder why Cm just stopped working. It worked perfectly last summer...

Sent using Tapatalk

What do you mean? Anyways, I'm back on Gsf, didn't get 208 work, it even rebooted itself while in bootanimation! I can't find any solution to my problem. I tried everything. I tried to install all my apps to internal, didn't work. I wiped data, cache, dalvik, and fixed permission, but no. I'm happy with Gsf, but I like Cm more... I wonder why Cm just stopped working. It worked perfectly last summer...

Sent using Tapatalk

CM works fine,I using N208 right now

You must be doing something wrong

Maybe do full wipe and try again,check md5 matches,be careful restoring apps with titanium backup

Can we expect to have working LED notifications in CM7 soon now that Wbaw fixed them in his version of the kernel?

I just used the old patch from TomG, then used a very quick & dirty fix to avoid a bug that appeared in GSF (red led would stick on when it went to sleep, every time - so I made it only check the green led), it wont work properly in CM7, the patch needs more work.

I just used the old patch from TomG, then used a very quick & dirty fix to avoid a bug that appeared in GSF (red led would stick on when it went to sleep, every time - so I made it only check the green led), it wont work properly in CM7, the patch needs more work.

Pitty, but thanks for the answer!

Guest rockstarszzzz

I don't know how this patch works/worked. But on B27, the green LED stays on irrespective of any notification. Even when the phone is in deep sleep the LED stays on. Is it meant to stay on all the time and correctly blink when I have notification?

Guest rockstarszzzz

bluetooth, gps,...?

GPS has issues on N208.

It doesn't turn on most of the times. If you get to turn it on after several attempts, then it won't shut down and keep draining the battery! Gave a shout out last night in the forum, but got no response, so had to swap back to GSF before I left for work. But again latest GSF has LED notification bug when green light stays on constantly on the back button!