[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest curl66
I've noticed that turning 3g off and using GPS doesn't trigger shutdown. Not entirely sure though.

no, my blade is in 2G only mode but i still suffer from shutdown issue.

Guest Grishula

The Bluetooth capability in this ROM is not so good the quality of voice from headset and music is worser when the 2.2 but the accomplishment of the ROM from N8 i tried and to N34 is incredible ,Good work!!! but need better Bluetooth support :D

Guest Spykeuk

Hey peoples:)

Firstly i would like to say thankyou for the Cm7 rom for me its been an amazingly stable rom. (For a nightly/experimental) The occ. freeze i consider to be a reasonalble trade off.

I would now like to overclock/underclock but i dont know which apps from the market etc are safe todo so, and even if you can with the stock kernal.

A quick guild/pointers wouldnt go a miss:)

ps i did seach the thead

cheers mike

Guest fredewis
Hey peoples:)

Firstly i would like to say thankyou for the Cm7 rom for me its been an amazingly stable rom. (For a nightly/experimental) The occ. freeze i consider to be a reasonalble trade off.

I would now like to overclock/underclock but i dont know which apps from the market etc are safe todo so, and even if you can with the stock kernal.

A quick guild/pointers wouldnt go a miss:)

ps i did seach the thead

cheers mike

thanks guys this keeps my blade alive.

Guest The Soup Thief

Hi Mike

You don't really need other apps from the market as over/underclockin is built in

Look in Cyanogen settings

tbh, it's well worth exploring these yourself as there are lots of really great tweaks in there, but for quickening up / slowing down down, look in Performance (heed the warning) then CPU settings

DO NOT tick the the Set on boot box at the bottom as if you set your clock speed to high and freeze your phone, it will probably restart at the same speed and you'll have a nightmare trying to get your phone to work at a safe speed again

Personally, I don't bother with overclocking, but have found a slight performance boost by unticking Enable surface dithering. I now leave this unticked

Guest Totyasrác
I live in an area where i only get 1 to 2 bars of 3g+. I'm a heavy user with Gmail, Facebook, Twitter and forum browsing. Also play around 30 minutes of games on work days. I can squeeze between 18 and 20 hours out of my phone...how is that a problem?

How long do you expect to get?

Well, with any 2.2 ROMs I got about a day (using from 7:30AM till midnight I ended up with 45-50% left in the battery). Now with 3G enabled (data is always on!) at 6PM I have only 25-30% left using the very same apps/widgets/amount_of_usage; with only 2G enabled I end up with similar results as with Froyo.

So I guess there's something messed up with 3G data handling (since others reporting no drainage with data off so I guess it's not only being on 3G but much rather on 3G data).

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
The Bluetooth capability in this ROM is not so good the quality of voice from headset and music is worser when the 2.2 but the accomplishment of the ROM from N8 i tried and to N34 is incredible ,Good work!!! but need better Bluetooth support :D

Well, try adjusting the audio settings with DSPManager.

Guest admanirv
Can anybody tell me whether this MOD gives the custom option allowing VGA video recording, like the 2.2 ones do? And if not, if it is something that's likely to be implemented eventually? Thanks in advance.

It hasn't, I put it in as an issue over 7week ago no one has implemented it.

Guest mELIANTE
Well, with any 2.2 ROMs I got about a day (using from 7:30AM till midnight I ended up with 45-50% left in the battery). Now with 3G enabled (data is always on!) at 6PM I have only 25-30% left using the very same apps/widgets/amount_of_usage; with only 2G enabled I end up with similar results as with Froyo.

So I guess there's something messed up with 3G data handling (since others reporting no drainage with data off so I guess it's not only being on 3G but much rather on 3G data).

X2

It seems that the concept of previous experience with FroYo roms is quite difficult for some to grasp and keep insisting on ignoring the battery drain as a problem because "it lasts a day" for them. PLEASE. Understand that the problem IS that the drain is worst than on Froyo, so don't keep trying to make people look stupid will you? Thanks.

Guest Frankish
X2

It seems that the concept of previous experience with FroYo roms is quite difficult for some to grasp and keep insisting on ignoring the battery drain as a problem because "it lasts a day" for them. PLEASE. Understand that the problem IS that the drain is worst than on Froyo, so don't keep trying to make people look stupid will you? Thanks.

The drain is the same as on any Froyo rom i have used. At least for my usage. I guess my usage is pretty consistent on work days. I guess this is totally off topic now and descending into pointlessness. If you think there is still battery drain issue just keep submitting logs for rc4 on the bug tracker.

Guest gedeye1
Search for broken stagefright, you'll find the answer.

Thanks for the reply on this...i am now testing swedish spring and had a play about editing these settings and can complete Quadrant all tests ran with a score in the 1100's....strange!

Guest muller37

Is it just me or do some people expect an awful lot from a sub £100 smartphone.?

The phone amazes me what it can do compared to other phones atleast twice the price and more!

my folks both got iphone 3gs and with casual use they have to charge everynight so what more do you want?

It won't be long before cm7 is stable release and then what will we do with our lives lol!

Guest jurrasstoil
It won't be long before cm7 is stable release and then what will we do with our lives lol!

honeycomb/ice cream ldo

Edited by jurrasstoil

Guest mELIANTE
Is it just me or do some people expect an awful lot from a sub £100 smartphone.?

The phone amazes me what it can do compared to other phones atleast twice the price and more!

my folks both got iphone 3gs and with casual use they have to charge everynight so what more do you want?

How would you feel if your car suddenly started making 25mpg instead of 50mpg? Wouldn't you think something was wrong?

How would you feel if your car suddenly started making 25mpg instead of 50mpg? Wouldn't you think something was wrong?

It depends... if my car was now performing like a Ferrari, then I wouldn't mind so much!

CM7 is A LOT more impressive than the original ROM I was using.

Guest muller37

yes if it i hadn't changed it, but if i put in a faster engine and could drive around alot faster i would expect some difference!

i have no drain issues and my battery loses 50% in 24 hours but i still charge everyday. it takes a while for the stats to normalise anyway.

if you want a battery to last a week then turn everything off and don't use it. just like a phone from 10 years ago!

Guest mELIANTE
It depends... if my car was now performing like a Ferrari, then I wouldn't mind so much!

It is, but the part that is consuming more power is performing just the same as in froyo, that is 3g+data on with, apparently, moderate use...

That's it for me, not discussing this matter anymore, if you people choose to sweep it under the rug, fine by me.

Still loving CM7, I'm just trying to make it the "bestest" rom possible.

yes if it i hadn't changed it, but if i put in a faster engine and could drive around alot faster i would expect some difference!

i have no drain issues and my battery loses 50% in 24 hours but i still charge everyday. it takes a while for the stats to normalise anyway.

if you want a battery to last a week then turn everything off and don't use it. just like a phone from 10 years ago!

OMFG! I don't want my f***ing battery to last a f***ing week, I'd just be glad if I didn't have to charge it everyday, as with previous roms. You are thick man.

Edited by mELIANTE

Guest muller37

My thoughts exactly!

Imagine if we didn't have the devs working so hard on new roms for us for free. Imagine being stuck on orange branded 2.1 forever! :D

i'd take a couple of bugs over that anyday!!!

Guest Totyasrác

You're not getting the point, do you?

Let's assume CM7 gives us ~10% in speed (before reacting: imagine what it means something being 10% better/faster/smoother!) without overclocking (-> no faster engine under the hood) by sacrificing ~50% more battery (-> fuel). CM7 is far more efficient but I am pretty sure something is not going right with 3G data handling. This is an issue, this is why some of us (noticing it because USING the phone as a smartphone is expected to be used) keep on talking about it.

It's not that I would ever assume a smartphone with a regular battery to last a week. But my previous Android (Pulse on 1.5/2.1/2.2) and this one (SanFran on 2.1/2.2) with similar usage lasted for 24 hours without any problem - SanFran on CM7 lasts ~only 12-14 hours. Significant difference.

Still the best ROM out there but it has a bug which can be forgotten (turning off data or not using 3G) or can be asked to be fixed. I'd prefer the latter. And you?

Guest Totyasrác
OMFG! I don't want my f***ing battery to last a f***ing week, I'd just be glad if I didn't have to charge it everyday, as with previous roms. You are thick man.

I'd be satisfied with ONE charge per DAY - with 3G+data I have to charge it during daytime to make it last until I get home from work and that can be fixed I am sure. Until we don't report it won't be though :D

Guest muller37

Chill the f**k out mate!

its not the same rom though is it. obviously its more intensive. not just 3g but other cyanogen tweaks under the surface. if this is as good as it gets will you always be unhappy with it?

Guest mELIANTE
Chill the f**k out mate!

its not the same rom though is it. obviously its more intensive. not just 3g but other cyanogen tweaks under the surface. if this is as good as it gets will you always be unhappy with it?

Sorry for the rant, but you choose to ignore the evidence that I and others posted and minimize them as some sort of whining...

And I won't be unhappy, it's still a great work and, although not mine, me and, I bet, the developers will not be completely satisfied because it won't be as good as it can be.

Edited by mELIANTE

Guest ufoman
It is, but the part that is consuming more power is performing just the same as in froyo, that is 3g+data on with, apparently, moderate use...

That's it for me, not discussing this matter anymore, if you people choose to sweep it under the rug, fine by me.

Still loving CM7, I'm just trying to make it the "bestest" rom possible.

Honestly, some people won't notice a difference, like me.

I use my Blade as an Internet toy, and I'm unable to use 2G at all. I've got rid of stock Eclair after 1 day, had JJ9 installed afterwards. With 729MHz OC and HW ui the phone NEVER lasted more than one day. Right now, CM7 does not drain much battery when 3G data is enabled and phone sleeps, so for me it is totally fine. The GPS issue is annoying tho...