[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

and i have been having black screens when i call someone or when i receive a call, and i have to restart to get the phone out of that stupid black screen

Recalibrate proximity sensor in the blade settings app.

Tom G, could you please include the Smartass2 governor into the kernel at some point? The Smartass governor is preferable since it saves battery, but when i play videos while using it they get out of synch with the sound, so every time i want to watch something i have to set the governor to On Demand. It certainly isn't a big deal but i am sure many CM7 users would appreciate this addition.

I don't recommend using smartass. It causes problems. I don't know whats different with smartass2, but I doubt it will be much better.

usb accessory mode you mean?

I don't think there are any fixes that haven't been merged. I was hoping to get the accessory mode stuff submitted today but after testing it in windows it totally breaks the windows driver (the composite device is detected but nothing else). There are probably a few users that won't like that, so i'll hold off submitting for now. Everything works in linux.

Hi,

I've installed n209 to my Blade. Everything worked fine, expect s2e: it didn't detect my 512mb ext4 partition, even after several reboot, sd check, etc. I tried the command "mount -o rw /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /sd-ext" in Terminal Emulator, and it started working fine... I restarted the phone twice, and it still works right after the boot process :blink: Soo.. does it safe to use s2e after that? I don't want to loose my apps anytime :unsure: any idea why it's working now? What caused the problem? I thought it would just work out of the box...

Edited by ziyan

Guest Mushroom_Lord

CyanogenMod 7.1.0 is due this weekend as it's being released at the Big Android BBQ. Nightlies will resume after.

Sadly the recent fixes that Tom has pushed won't make 7.1.0.

Looks like I should update...

Guest rockstarszzzz

Does anyone have issue with lockscreen wake up?

My phone starts ringing and screen stays blank for initial 2-3 seconds and then shows up caller ID.

Is that normal behaviour on all android ROMs?

Guest sm4tik

Does anyone have issue with lockscreen wake up?

My phone starts ringing and screen stays blank for initial 2-3 seconds and then shows up caller ID.

Is that normal behaviour on all android ROMs?

Might be something to do with your cpu clock speed. If it's really low while sleeping (122..245) it might take a while to wake up?

Guest sm4tik

I read about problems people had with updating the su binary, but I didn't see anyone reporting a force close with superuser app itself. I just flashed my N213 and can't get passed the issue. Anyone have a solution? Old and new root rights are still granted just fine.

Guest rockstarszzzz

Might be something to do with your cpu clock speed. If it's really low while sleeping (122..245) it might take a while to wake up?

My CPU clock is default values. Minimum being 245. But does it mean that with higher values I can get instant wake?

Guest rockstarszzzz

I read about problems people had with updating the su binary, but I didn't see anyone reporting a force close with superuser app itself. I just flashed my N213 and can't get passed the issue. Anyone have a solution? Old and new root rights are still granted just fine.

Is it giving any error? If not, try a reboot

Guest sm4tik

My CPU clock is default values. Minimum being 245. But does it mean that with higher values I can get instant wake?

Not sure, it was just a suggestion. You can always try if it makes a difference..

A question...

I am currently running N208 and would like to know if N 210 or N 213 is any better in terms of performance and battery life.

And also do they have any problems or so?

Thanks.

Guest sej7278

A question...

I am currently running N208 and would like to know if N 210 or N 213 is any better in terms of performance and battery life.

And also do they have any problems or so?

Thanks.

the only problem with n208 is it makes your signature too large :D

Guest Mikko Rantalainen

I got su FCs after going from 156 to 179+ p7. I fixed he issue by clearing su app data.

Running n209 and I have a few apps currently installed that following a update the marketplace now say they are not compatible with my device so I cannot download the updated app - the current version carries on working fine. Facebook client (not fussed about that) is one and SwiftKey X.

Is there anything I can edit to make these show as available?

Guest Maringer

Running n209 and I have a few apps currently installed that following a update the marketplace now say they are not compatible with my device so I cannot download the updated app - the current version carries on working fine. Facebook client (not fussed about that) is one and SwiftKey X.

Is there anything I can edit to make these show as available?

I assume N209 is the one which introduces Android 2.3.7?

Possibly worth contacting the makers of SwiftKeyX and asking them to adjust their code to recognise 2.3.7 as a valid Android version and therefore allow upgrades!

Guest sambartle

I had this for about 4 out of 43 apps I went to reinstall after reflashing n208.. they all sorted themselves out automatically after a few hours.

All my paid apps showed prices, but when clicked let me get them again, I also had one previously bought and paid for app suggesting I needed to buy it again which sorted itself out after being left for a few hours

I think the new market may just be a bit nuts.

Guest samjam

Better app to use would be AndroSensor :)

androsensor shows my proximity stuck at 1.6 inches

my calibration thresholds are hi = 223 low = 178

I think my proximity sensor is not working.

When I make calls the screen does not blank, and I press mute with my check by accident.

I have an oled phone

Guest sej7278

I assume N209 is the one which introduces Android 2.3.7?

Possibly worth contacting the makers of SwiftKeyX and asking them to adjust their code to recognise 2.3.7 as a valid Android version and therefore allow upgrades!

a couple of days ago i got a swiftkey x update from market (after 2 apk-installed beta's) and i'm running what is essentially n213 with 2.3.7 and it works fine for me, as does facebook.

hmm might have to do a full wipe then :(

Just updated to n210 with dalvik wipe but same problem. Also cleared Marketplace data and re-accepted the T&C's but still not playing ball.

sej7278 can you confirm what version number of SwiftKey your install is?

Guest sej7278

hmm might have to do a full wipe then :(

Just updated to n210 with dalvik wipe but same problem. Also cleared Marketplace data and re-accepted the T&C's but still not playing ball.

sej7278 can you confirm what version number of SwiftKey your install is?

swiftkey x 2.1.0.223