[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest parsifal

ZTE Blade stettings in app drawer. click calibrate proximity sensor and just leave it calibrate (don't cover anything)

Just leave it, are you sure?

Is it not anymore required to simulate the head's proximity when answering a call, i.e. start with the phone at a distance, then bring it to your ear, then move it away again?

Guest muller37

Just leave it, are you sure?

Is it not anymore required to simulate the head's proximity when answering a call, i.e. start with the phone at a distance, then bring it to your ear, then move it away again?

Thats what i thought you'd need to do, and used to do using emode app in GSF, but have been told not to cover it using ZTE Settings app. not sure why tbh. seems to work though

Guest dibbles

I agree, unlike the ZTE calibration tool the one within the ZTE blade settings worked fine when just selected and the sensor not touched or covered etc. My wife's phones erratic sensor now works perfectly well.

Guest stealthyboss

only 2 bugs ive found, 1. in facebook app if you click all stories the top screen goes white with a few clear lines

2. led indicators seem stuck to on

Guest sambartle

Just flashed my wife's SF with the latest nightly, b213. It seems to work fine except for the proximity sensor. It will be permanently flashing on and off all the time.

Thanks for noting that tool as I have been away from the CM7 development since around n37 or so I was not aware of it and it helped a treat and sorted out the proximity issues :)

First time I've used the Proximity Calibration tool as well, after having the same symptoms and having seen it when clicking around the pre-installed settings and apps... It might be nice if it told you not to have anything covering the sensor in a future version.. as I figured it out by trial and error.

Guest sm4tik

only 2 bugs ive found, 1. in facebook app if you click all stories the top screen goes white with a few clear lines

2. led indicators seem stuck to on

The graphical problems are caused by using 16 bit for transparent surfaces. This wasn't enabled until one of the kernel patchsets. The move to 16 bit has increased some aspects of 2D performance considerably so I won't be disabling it, but I will see if I can do anything about the issues you have noticed.

I believe the ZTE roms also use 16 bit for these surfaces and I assume they don't suffer from the same problem, so it is likely a problem in CM7 rather than a problem in the app.

2. Are the leds stuck even after reading your sms/mail etc? For me, leds seem to be fine.

Guest BillBong

I updated to N210 a few days ago. All went fine and the phone seemed faster/smoother with better battery life - so all was good. I got a replacement Sim today from my network (same network/same settings) and now I get the phone vibrating every so often on incoming and outgoing calls, so when I answer, throughout the call itself, and when I disconnect I'm getting a constant vibrate. I've checked the settings under Sound and nothing is ticked for the vibrate on answer/every 45 seconds etc.

Does anyone have any ideas or should I just reflash to N213 and see if that helps?

OK, so I tried a different sim (on a different network) with the same problem. I've gone through the Call Settings and Sound menu's and made sure all vibrate options are unchecked. I've formatted System cache and wiped Dalvik cache and re-flashed with N213 ............. and it's still vibrating on every call pick-up and continuously through the call and on disconnect!!! It's really annoying because apart from this, it's running great - does anyone have any suggestions at all as to what to do next. I want to try and avoid a factory settings re-set because it takes so long to get everything back as I want it.

OK, so I tried a different sim (on a different network) with the same problem. I've gone through the Call Settings and Sound menu's and made sure all vibrate options are unchecked. I've formatted System cache and wiped Dalvik cache and re-flashed with N213 ............. and it's still vibrating on every call pick-up and continuously through the call and on disconnect!!! It's really annoying because apart from this, it's running great - does anyone have any suggestions at all as to what to do next. I want to try and avoid a factory settings re-set because it takes so long to get everything back as I want it.

I hate to say it,but it is possible you have a hardware problem,seeing as you done clean install and still experience these problems,when nobody else has them.

Edited by Guest

I updated to N210 a few days ago. All went fine and the phone seemed faster/smoother with better battery life - so all was good. I got a replacement Sim today from my network (same network/same settings) and now I get the phone vibrating every so often on incoming and outgoing calls, so when I answer, throughout the call itself, and when I disconnect I'm getting a constant vibrate. I've checked the settings under Sound and nothing is ticked for the vibrate on answer/every 45 seconds etc.

Does anyone have any ideas or should I just reflash to N213 and see if that helps?

I got this problem too in earlier nightlies, but it wasn't the problem of the nightly itself. i only had this problem after I let my little girl play with the phone - it took me weeks to figure out what she had set. After I changed profiles to default or home - everything got fine again. Try changing profiles (long pressing power button then choosing profiles in the menu) - I don't know why it helps, but it helped me. - I also did not find any setting referring to this in Sound menu then.

Guest julianpaul

Blue tooth audio is the only issue that bothers me. Otherwise perhaps more stable than GSF IMHO.

What exactly is the issue with BT audio?

Guest Brianrh

What exactly is the issue with BT audio?

I am at this moment listening to a podcast through my Jabra headset sent by bluetooth from my Blade running N210. No problems for me.

Guest ritterkeks

just checked what you said and yes - streaming music with DI Radio worked, no freeze for over 7 minutes of music.

but I thought it would be kind of weird, if the bluetooth issue only occurs when playing music from SD.

so I fired up the Stock player and played a few songs. no problem here as well.

so it sure is a problem only with playerpro? i thought and tried to reproduce last weeks bt-audio freezes...

and surprisingly: no freeze with playerpro either. so ok, avrcp is not working with playerpro. the title from the last song played with the stock player kept sticking on the display, but hey. bluetooth range is still not as large as with laptop or tablet, but was stable when walking around.

*EDIT* well, guess i spoke to soon. 10 minutes later it hung again.

bluetooth then "crashed" again, as it turned off and then back on again.

a few secs.after that, android rebooted. :(

Edited by ritterkeks

Guest BillBong

I got this problem too in earlier nightlies, but it wasn't the problem of the nightly itself. i only had this problem after I let my little girl play with the phone - it took me weeks to figure out what she had set. After I changed profiles to default or home - everything got fine again. Try changing profiles (long pressing power button then choosing profiles in the menu) - I don't know why it helps, but it helped me. - I also did not find any setting referring to this in Sound menu then.

Thanks Tacu (and jikobtsu for your input). That did the trick! I didn't even think of the profiles - I've deleted most of them as I don't tend to use them and I would have thought the active settings would be selected under the usual menus, but apparently not. No more vibrate thankfully.

Guest sm4tik

I read about problems people had with updating the su binary, but I didn't see anyone reporting a force close with superuser app itself. I just flashed my N213 and can't get passed the issue. Anyone have a solution? Old and new root rights are still granted just fine.

It turned out Superuser.apk didn't like re-optimizing. Pushed an untouched apk to my phone and all good again. :)

Guest Brianrh

The problem seems to be with playing mp3s from the SD card over Bluetooth. Some streaming media works.

Everyday at work I play mp3 podcasts using Astroplayer from the SD card of my Blade over Bluetooth. I don't know if I have been especially lucky but I can't remember having problems with any nightly version of CM7. Could this be a SD card issue as it seems to be the only hardware variable possible?

Guest rockstarszzzz

Again, N215 - not showing up on the nightly list on ROM Manager! The latest is 210. Anyone else can see more ROMs on it?

Plus, what happened to the 7.1 ? Probably same thing as iPhone 5 ;)

Guest targetbsp

Not showing for me either. Glad to see cerberus is though! Been thinking of buying that for a while. I will do so now that Rom Manager can install it for me so I can be lazy!

Guest Kamikaze.

Does your cam work? I think im in 210 and my camera app just says "no camera found", or something like that... However, 3rd party camera apps still works... What tah heck?