[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest azentner

Im still on n210 and PEAP works fine here.

But I have had problems with older ROMS, MCR froyo, maybe even stock^^.

Somehow this problem vanished.

Have you tried deleting the (saved) network and create it again?

Back then, when clicking a PEAP network on the list crashed the app, it helped for me to create the network MANUALLY, at the end of the list.

A also have tried to import the certificate instead of using nothing, but on CM it has always worked without.

I did try deleting (forgetting) the network and creating it again, I tried disable/enable wifi, I tried reboots.... I couldn't get it to work.

I did not try adding it in MANUALLY, I will try it next time I go to work.

Thanks.

Guest azentner

surely there are a few calendar apps on the market that would be suitable.

Oh yeah? Name one biggrin.gif

I had a look in the past, but couldn't find anything suitable.

The nice thing about My Calendar is that it's integrated into the regular Calendar app, so I get all my online Google Calendars and my local Calendar appointments in the one place. I wouldn't like to work with separate calendars, unless I really had to, seems to be too much of a hassle to manage two calendars.

Thanks.

Guest sm4tik

Well, those are the ones that get re-linked throughout this thread by anyone having issues with auto-brightness and they always seem happy with them. And although I don't personally use them (I have a fairly unusual auto-brightness preference!), they do also work well for me (better than the current defaults IIRC).

However, whether there are a group of users who have never looked at them because they get on fine with the current values who will then have complain if those linked become the new defaults... :D

I lost those values a long time ago and didn't find them after the forum update (old bookmark wasn't working). Atleast I was looking for them at some point, so I guess they were better than the current ones :) I think there's currently no reason to change the defaults as there's not been an angry post about them on each page. If people knew how to set their ab correctly themselves, it would be even better. Maybe that 10-level setting could be added to the wiki as a tip for people who want to experiment. I was going to add it myself but couldn't login?

edit: an actual manual somewhere for all the settings under automatic backlight would be cool.

Edited by sm4tik

Guest snowbord

Oh yeah? Name one biggrin.gif

I had a look in the past, but couldn't find anything suitable.

The nice thing about My Calendar is that it's integrated into the regular Calendar app, so I get all my online Google Calendars and my local Calendar appointments in the one place. I wouldn't like to work with separate calendars, unless I really had to, seems to be too much of a hassle to manage two calendars.

Thanks.

Calendar Pad? I still don't get why your Google calendar app isn't working.

Guest azentner

Calendar Pad? I still don't get why your Google calendar app isn't working.

I'll try to explain.

The Google Calendar app is working, the problem is that it's working too well! So all my calendars get synced with Google Calendar on the web.

For some people that's not a good thing, e.g. if you have confidential stuff that you don't want uploaded to the web.

In the calendar app if you press menu/more/calendars you can see the list of calendars under your Gmail account. All these calendars get synced with the Google Servers.

In some of the ROMS (like the CAE rom that I mentioned) there is an additional non google account called My Calendar, which has a single calendar under it. That Calendar is local to the phone, in the sense that it's data does not get synced up to the web.

I'd like to see the same kind of local calendar on my CM7 rom.

Hi,

I've installed N210 and everything looks great so far.

I have one problem though about the external speaker not ringing while I have my handsfree plugged in. I went through the menus and ticked all three options at CyanogenMod Settings -> Sounds -> Always play on speakers, but I didn't notice any difference.

Any thoughts about it?

Edited by pan05

Do those values work well for everyone? We stopped trying to get light values correct a long time ago when every change resulted in a new group of people complaining. If those work someone should submit a patch to change the defaults.

Those values work great on both mine and my sisters blade.

I'll try to explain.

The Google Calendar app is working, the problem is that it's working too well! So all my calendars get synced with Google Calendar on the web.

For some people that's not a good thing, e.g. if you have confidential stuff that you don't want uploaded to the web.

In the calendar app if you press menu/more/calendars you can see the list of calendars under your Gmail account. All these calendars get synced with the Google Servers.

In some of the ROMS (like the CAE rom that I mentioned) there is an additional non google account called My Calendar, which has a single calendar under it. That Calendar is local to the phone, in the sense that it's data does not get synced up to the web.

I'd like to see the same kind of local calendar on my CM7 rom.

Add a new calendar. Go into the calendars list. Set it not to sync.

Guest herbatnik

Strange, delivery reports notifications in GO SMS are broken for me on 216 nightly :/ On 210 everything work fine. Full wipe after update, still same problem.

N216 working great, enabling 16bit transparency really makes a bit difference, to the better one. :)

Thanks

Edited by Ythle

Guest snowbord

Hi,

I've installed N210 and everything looks great so far.

I have one problem though about the external speaker not ringing while I have my handsfree plugged in. I went through the menus and ticked all three options at CyanogenMod Settings -> Sounds -> Always play on speakers, but I didn't notice any difference.

Any thoughts about it?

AFAIK this was reported a few pages back.

Is there anyway way to make make a 2-way call recording on cm7 now?

In gsf you can do it with the zte dialer, and it's really helpful. it's a must have feature for me at least.

If the zte dialer can't be installed on cm7 is there any other option to record calls? (and I mean a real recording,not via the mic)

Thanks.

Guest kaipiroska

what i should install?

this solves the SIM problem to?

thanks

You have to install gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip

For you SIM dard contacts go to you contact list and press menu --> Import/Export --> Import fromSIM card

Is there anyway way to make make a 2-way call recording on cm7 now?

In gsf you can do it with the zte dialer, and it's really helpful. it's a must have feature for me at least.

If the zte dialer can't be installed on cm7 is there any other option to record calls? (and I mean a real recording,not via the mic)

Thanks.

search for 'record call' on the market.

Guest Simono

N217 is out. Nothing special for Blade.

I wrote to Koushik Dutta on twitter yesterday about not displayed on ROM Manager leatest nightly for Blade and now it is working with the leatest nightly.

I've installed n216. The performance is good!

But i have the probleme, that the settings menu is lagging with and without OC.

The performance in the launcher and other apps is great comparing to previos versions.

The 16Bit patch didn't solve the problem with the lagging settings menu.

Anyone else have this problem/behavior?

Guest Chris Banks

Can i install 216 over gsf B26? Or do i have to install a previous version of nightly?

You will need to do a full wipe/clean install when moving from GSF to CM7.

Also if you were gen1 with GSF, you will have to do a TPT upgrade to gen2 before installing the latest nighties.

Check the Pinned thread for all instructions.

Edited by Chris Banks

You will need to do a full wipe/clean install when moving from GSF to CM7.

Also if you were gen1 with GSF, you will have to do a TPT upgrade to gen2 before installing the latest nighties.

Check the Pinned thread for all instructions.

Just installed N217 because that was the newest version availible. I did wipe data/cache and dalvik. But i'm already turning back to GSF. I don't like the looks i'm prefer to let it be simple. Also i noticed, this might be because i just installed it, that it was a lot slower than my previos GSF B26. Also i couldnt find the market very easily, first i thought it was missing. I will stick with GSF B26 for at least a little while..

Guest rockstarszzzz

N217 is out. Nothing special for Blade.

I wrote to Koushik Dutta on twitter yesterday about not displayed on ROM Manager leatest nightly for Blade and now it is working with the leatest nightly.

That's awesome man! I thought of writting him too, but my laziness took better of me. I think now I can be lazy again and update!

However, surprisingly my ROM manager din't remind me of the available update this morning!