[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest gat2011

Hey guys. With respect, can you let the battery argument go now, please. Good points, not to mention feelings have been made clear, all round. This is now clogging up the thread and we'll need another one soon...Go via the proper channels and I'm sure we'll all be happy.....

Back on thread, N35 working nicely for me. Realplayer works great too, for anyone after a mediaplayer recommendation.

Edited by gat2011

Guest muller37
Sorry for the rant, but you choose to ignore the evidence that I and others posted and minimize them as some sort of whining...

And I won't be unhappy, it's still a great work and, although not mine, me and, I bet, the developers will not be completely satisfied because it won't be as good as it can be.

i'm sorry i upset you so much. i probably would be annoyed if my battery kept dying on me when i needed it but as i don't have that issue then i can't fully understand. could it be network related?

for me only bugs are gps switch off and occasional shutdown when watching skyfire videos.

Guest Poodha

Anybody experienced the problem that you get duplicate contacts when restoring them with a backup program(in my case myback up root).

With duplicate contacts, I mean that if I have multiple numbers in one contact, there will be one contact in my list that is shown properly(one contact with all the numbers). But every number in that contact, will also have a separate contact of their own in my contact list.

Anybody know the cause and how to fix it(other than deleting all the extra contacts manually)?

Guest muller37
Anybody experienced the problem that you get duplicate contacts when restoring them with a backup program(in my case myback up root).

With duplicate contacts, I mean that if I have multiple numbers in one contact, there will be one contact in my list that is shown properly(one contact with all the numbers). But every number in that contact, will also have a separate contact of their own in my contact list.

Anybody know the cause and how to fix it(other than deleting all the extra contacts manually)?

not sure if the same but i had this when restoring contacts off sd card and google sync restoring them also. it was more that each contact had the same numbers more than once in each contact though. only way i could get rid was deleting manually, editing google contacts online and only using google to restore them.

Guest mvheuver
not sure if the same but i had this when restoring contacts off sd card and google sync restoring them also. it was more that each contact had the same numbers more than once in each contact though. only way i could get rid was deleting manually, editing google contacts online and only using google to restore them.

Yes, the easiest way in my experience is to just get your contacts in Google in order, then you don't have to worry about them when switching ROMs and wiping all the time. Just restore them and you're done (I always need to change the display options to only show contacts with telephone numbers as otherwise it becomes a mess).

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
OMFG! I don't want my f***ing battery to last a f***ing week, I'd just be glad if I didn't have to charge it everyday, as with previous roms. You are thick man.

Then use previous ROMs, your choice, if the cons outweigh the pros for you - switch.

Guest chimas
S'up doods.

Got a new version of the Android 3.0-style music player. Seems to only work on 2.3.3, so it seems as good as any place to post it here :D

google_music_3_0_techfrom10c.zip

A bit sluggish, but damn pretty.

Source is here, if you don't trust

OMG is it anything like the one on zte skate??? I have been dying to get my hands on that.... hopes up.

Guest t.michel

I have exactly the same issue - though I did not restore contacts from backup - I sync them with Outlook via MyPhoneExplorer.

I am not sure, but I think the issue first came up with RC4.

Guest mickey megabyte

i had that multiple contacts problem too - i spent a while having to manually delete the duplicates.

now, on my phone, the contacts list is as it should be, with only one entry per person, but if i look at my contacts in phone explorer, i see three contacts for most people - for some reason Beth has 4!

i'm sure it's something to do with exporting contacts to sd card and google too.

post-851864-1302017114_thumb.jpg post-851864-1302016945_thumb.png

Guest chimas
I have exactly the same issue - though I did not restore contacts from backup - I sync them with Outlook via MyPhoneExplorer.

I am not sure, but I think the issue first came up with RC4.

That's because if you sync your details with google they will automatically be restored. I think thats your problem, your contacts probably got restored twice. But does anyone else get different names in the call log to the one you get in the address book(contacts)?

Guest t.michel
i had that multiple contacts problem too - i spent a while having to manually delete the duplicates.

now, on my phone, the contacts list is as it should be, with only one entry per person, but if i look at my contacts in phone explorer, i see three contacts for most people - for some reason Beth has 4!

i'm sure it's something to do with exporting contacts to sd card and google too.

I'm not sure about that - I don't sync to google and did not export / import contacts. Only thig I remember is that I updated myphoneeplorer - the tool I'm syncing with. Did you use that to sync as well?

Guest fonix232

post-851864-1302017114_thumb.jpg post-851864-1302016945_thumb.png

It's because the Android system uses a special SQLite table for contacts, and many of them has more entries because of limitation of fields. Like, if you add 8 tel numbers to a contact, and some more things (address, email, skype, facebook, etc), then you will get probably more entries. PhoneExplorer can't merge them, but the Contacts app can.

Guest targetbsp

I can't see that anyone has logged an issue for 3g data drain? Surely that would be a better thing to do than debate it here which no-one that will fix it will read. B) We had one logged for idle battery drain and they fixed that for us. :D

Guest Frankish
I can't see that anyone has logged an issue for 3g data drain? Surely that would be a better thing to do than debate it here which no-one that will fix it will read. ;) We had one logged for idle battery drain and they fixed that for us. :D

Everyone in here is using a nightly which you can't log bugs for on the tracker. RC bugs only. So RC4 now B)

Guest campyr

as churchill says OH YES! i've even managed to get triplicates if i import again :D

Guest dibbles

Does anyone know if it is possible to try the "experimental kernel" which is reputed to fix the GPS shutting the phone down and if so where to download it from..?

Thanks

Guest mELIANTE
Then use previous ROMs, your choice, if the cons outweigh the pros for you - switch.

"If you don't have anything usefull to say, don't say anything at all" :D

Guest admanirv
How to enable vga recording mode?

Not implemented and probably wont be, star it under the list of issue for the blade version of CM.

Guest Mushroom_Lord

I'm on rc4 at the moment.

And it kept on saying blank or unfoemmated card. So I format it,and it didn't help, and just asked again. I tired rebooting and trying again, I even tried to mount in clockwork, but lit wouldn't. Somehow its stabler now... the SD is working again. Anyway, ill try n35 now. I'm on a Kingston 8gb class r, which I be never had problems wit.h before.

Guest mickey megabyte
Everyone in here is using a nightly which you can't log bugs for on the tracker. RC bugs only. So RC4 now :D

not everyone!

i'm still on rc4 myself, for example.